Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by gtxjoe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hey guys I'm staying in Romeoville for about the next month for work. I was wondering if anyone knew around here where I could find a Walking dead pin on location. Don't really want to travel all the way downtown Chicago since I don't know the area to well and I drive a rather large lifted truck parking always sucks. I'm still looking for an ACDC premium so that'll take priority if the right machine close ever pops up, but I'm trying to decide between spending my money on next pin on a TWD or a MMR. I made the mistake a few years ago buying the Hulk LE over ACDC without playing it and now want to avoid the same regrets.

So if anyone knows where one might get his hands on playing one near here without getting me horribly lost Id greatly appreciate it.

If I've posted this in the wrong spot mods I apologize.

#2 4 years ago

Come to the City anyways!

In particular, Logan Arcade is the best pinball spot in town, has TWD, is right off the expressway, is not in a particularly congested part of town, and has plenty of street parking.

(There's also a free play TWD at Headquarters in Lakeview, and another TWD at Emporium in Wicker Park, but they don't have the remaining positive attributes.)

You'll also find MMR at HQLV, HQRN, and Logan.

#3 4 years ago

I think there's one at Chicago Street Pinball in Joliet. If it's not there, Mark the owner will know where to point you. It won't be far. Lots of other great games there to play too.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#4 4 years ago

There isn't one at Chicago St. Pinball, although it's a great place, but take the metra train out of Lockport into the city and grab a cab, easy solution

#5 4 years ago

But there is one near by. Certainly much closer to Romeoville than Chicago. Again, ask Mark, he'll tell you exactly where it is.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#6 4 years ago

I believe Brixies in Brookfield and Brauerhouse in Lombard, both have a TWD pro (as of 3 weeks ago)

#7 4 years ago

With Brixies, right across the street, you can play some more classic pins -- Funhouse, F14, CFTBL, Black Knight -- at Galloping Ghost Arcade. Fun place, tons and tons of retro arcade games. http://www.gallopingghostarcade.com

#8 4 years ago

There's a really nice example of TWD at Brixie's in Brookfield, along with a MM, Banzai Run, and Dark Knight. A Pinsider operates them and keeps them in tip-top shape. It's only about 30 minutes east from Romeoville along 55. Bonus: you can park in the lot, they have an EXCELLENT, always-changing craft beer list, and they make a damn good burger / loaded fries. Double bonus: Galloping Ghost arcade is a block away with another 10-12 machines and 400+ arcades (largest arcade location... in the world?).

If you're around through the month, there's also a tournament that happens every third Tuesday - November 17th this month. $5 buy-in, tournament starts at 7:30 and most folks show up early to play some warm up games. $1 off craft beers and half priced sandwiches that night, too. A great way to spend a Tuesday evening! Or any other night you're in town, for that matter.

That said, taking at least one night or Saturday and getting into the city for some games at Logan Arcade is HIGHLY recommended. If you don't want to drive in, taking the train in and cabbing from there is easy.

#9 4 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys

#10 4 years ago

Sorry, my TWD is currently on location in Champaign, way too far from Romeoville/Joliet.

I would echo the sentiments of Brixie's in Brookfield, and Brauerhouse in Lombard, both operated by enthusiasts. Brauerhouse is right off of I-355/IL 53 and North Avenue, and has a huge parking lot, so that may be easiest for you with a large truck.

Closer to home for you, Main Street Amusements in Lafayette has a TWD Premium.

-Mark

#11 4 years ago

As much as you should check out some of the bars, contact stern if you have not been to the new factory. They will give you a tour and they have games set up to play and try out.

#12 4 years ago

We are around on Sat and sun, If you want to stop out, just text me 630-440-5190 in advance and will meet you at the shop. location is West Chicago, 25 min from Romeoville. We have TWD and MMR on the floor.

GAP

#13 4 years ago

Hey thanks a lot! I think I'll try to take you up on that. Can't seem to find any co workers w any interest in going to Logan's apparently pinball isn't cool

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside