4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AF2814F4-6A37-4DA1-A92F-EC5272A0A2CF (resized).png
    42BF9D29-EFBD-476D-8FE0-0D324229BEE1 (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

Just wanted to give a heads up:

Since im going to Chicago tommorow for deals, I decided to look on marketplace to see if any deals are out there. There were two listings by the same guy

Dr Who 2400.00
    Family Guy 3950.00

The ad says contact for more pictures, so I did and messaged back and forth a couple times. Listing says Chicago, so I ask what burb he is in, he rereplies asking me where im from, I tell him Decatur but im in the area tommorow, He then ask "so could meet up tommorow" I reply yes, and then he never answers, and pulls both listings immediately

Facebook name is Johno Mora
    42BF9D29-EFBD-476D-8FE0-0D324229BEE1 (resized).png42BF9D29-EFBD-476D-8FE0-0D324229BEE1 (resized).png

AF2814F4-6A37-4DA1-A92F-EC5272A0A2CF (resized).pngAF2814F4-6A37-4DA1-A92F-EC5272A0A2CF (resized).png
    #2 4 years ago

The same guy listed a Congo for $2900 last week. He wouldn’t reply to locals. Sounds like he’s just looking for someone far away willing to pay with PayPal.

#3 4 years ago

That must be that kid's mom.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

That must be that kid's mom.

ehen... could be the kid.

#5 4 years ago

Now he’s selling a Doctor Who for $2,400 on the Dallas Facebook group. I posted a reply in his ad and reported him to the admins.

#6 4 years ago

Yep. Figured it was a scam but messaged about the Congo a few weeks back to feel him out. Got some messages calling me "Zach" and wanted to only ship the game and be paid up front despite telling him I would drive overnight with cash for him the next day.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-area-facebook-marketplace-warning and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.