Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by toyotaboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I can't be sure it's the same one, but I swear there has been an $800 Mata Hari for sale in Chicago for as long as I have been in the hobby. It's a great machine, and with prices where they are, I don't think $800 is too bad a price, especially if it's in very good condition. Anyone ever looked at this?

I have one already, but just thought it was interesting that this is always for sale.

chicago.craigslist.org link

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

I can't be sure it's the same one, but I swear there has been an $800 Mata Hari for sale in Chicago for as long as I have been in the hobby. It's a great machine, and with prices where they are, I don't think $800 is too bad a price, especially if it's in very good condition. Anyone ever looked at this?
I have one already, but just thought it was interesting that this is always for sale.
chicago.craigslist.org link

This machine has been on Chicago CL for almost 3 years! It started out back in 2010 listed as a non-working machine for $1100, $1200, then $1000. All of a sudden, it appeared as being "restored". It was nothing more than repaired by a local tech.

Again it had random prices over $1000. Then it was $950, $900, and now down to $800. It's been at $800 for about 6 mos now. It's some lady who is just stubborn. I am pretty sure Laseriffic has talked to her at one time.

#3 7 years ago

MH ss versions are a dime a dozen around here. I'd struggle to even get $5-600 out of one in my area. And thats working, shopped and delivered with a lifetime warranty....ugh.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#4 7 years ago

$580 out of the one at the PATZ auction.

#5 7 years ago

yea, I'm really getting tired of seeing this one. It's not like it's always a repost, sometimes it's re-typed. The amount of time she's spent posting CL ads, she could have bought another pinball by now.

#6 7 years ago

She told me she saw american pickers or something like that and she knew that is was worth a fortune. I wonder if she still thinks that, this was 2 years ago.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

She told me she saw american pickers or something like that and she knew that is was worth a fortune. I wonder if she still thinks that, this was 2 years ago.

Funny. People can be so stubborn. It would be interesting some 2-years later to see what she'd be willing to take now.

I really like the game, but I sometimes think it doesn't get much love outside me. Paid $600 I think for mine, but I've dumped a crap load into it to restore it. Guess this ones going to stay in my collection. Had no idea they were that common.

#8 7 years ago

It's kind of a boring game anyway. The BG is one of the best, but the machine is blah.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

It's kind of a boring game anyway. The BG is one of the best, but the machine is blah.

Wha? How dare you speaketh such things! Blasphemy!

Just kidding. I do actually really like it, but I will admit I bought it just for the center kick out shot that aimes it right down the middle. Figured it would teach me how to nudge.

#10 7 years ago

So, how does it stack up against Six Million or Star Trek? Or Lost World? Not to jack the thread I'm just curious.

#11 7 years ago

I fell in love with pinball when I first played Mata Hari 5 years ago. The artwork and the sounds from the chime box just sucked me in.

That being said . . . I'd sell mine for $800 today is someone was interested.

#12 7 years ago

I just bought one - although it is the EM version...

Scott

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Natetheviking:

So, how does it stack up against Six Million or Star Trek? Or Lost World? Not to jack the thread I'm just curious.

Much better game than all those IMO

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Natetheviking:

How bout Viking? Its got a little bit of Lost world and Mata Hari flavor mixed together and the sounds are better.

#15 7 years ago

I sold mine for $500. Was the one used at MGC tournament a few years back with the clear coated playfield, LEDs, perfect backglass and new aftermarket CPU and driver board. New drops and pop caps too if I remember correctly.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from pepind:

Much better game than all those IMO

Yeah, I think I would agree. I like Trek for being Trek, but MH is a more difficult game that seems to keep me coming back for more. Love the chime box on it. I've played Lost World, but not enough to really critique. I remember thinking, cool, but not sure I would buy one. Need to play it again though.

I really like having some of these Bally's in the collection. Helps to mix things up, and gives me a different game play when I don't feel like a modern DMD workout. Also a bit of history...

I keep this one closer to the TV, as its good to play during commercial breaks. I suck, so my ball times are short.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

That's the problem with those shows, they overprice stuff and make people think they can get a million bucks for crap games.

I saw an episode of Pawn Stars and they picked up some generic table (can't remember what it was). They paid like $800, spent a couple hundred to get it restored and then were told it was worth like $2000! I looked the table up and it was worth like 800-1200 tops. I would love to know what they actually sold it for, but I bet it's still sitting in their shop. lol.

#18 7 years ago

That craiglist link has it listed for $400 now.

#19 7 years ago

I'd be on it for $400.

#20 7 years ago

I'm sorry. It claims refurbishing was $400. I misread.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

refurbishing was $400

the last few times has mentioned this, probably why she won't budge. She figures if she sells it for anything less, in essence she's making less than $400. too bad for her, maybe you shouldn't invest that much in an old pin that won't ever recover it's value.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside