8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jrrdw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

After a lengthy session last night I realized I have picked up a few strange habits after losing a ball. I either hold my hands out and look up as if I'm asking the Man upstairs for a little help...or I wave my hands around while screaming and pretty much appear to be a wookie on the warpath. I had a good laugh at myself and wondered what other quirks people have in this situation, especially after a good run. Perhaps I need to crawl out of my pincave and play a little more in public. I heard the sun is bright so Im probably gonna need shades.

#2 8 years ago

You need the key wookie sound effects

#3 8 years ago

I think we all do that sort of thing.

#4 8 years ago

There was actually a warning sent out about one of our league locations. One that's held in a place called "The Volleyball House". Yes they play volleyball in a big warehouse type building.

Excessive swearing is apparently becoming a problem. lol The volleyballers don't care for it...I guess they don't cuss when someone spikes on them.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from VT8man:

Excessive swearing is apparently becoming a problem. lol The volleyballers don't care for it...I guess they don't cuss when someone spikes on them.

Apparently, the volleyballers are a more civilized bunch than us pinheads.

#6 8 years ago

I swear and slap the machine on the right side with my hand. I figure a little tough love might straighten it out.. it doesn't seem to work very well.

#7 8 years ago

Actually it depend on the machine I play...On MB I start yelling like Frankie "AHHHHH"
    On WH2O I scream "Ya Wiener" Like Wet Willie.
    On PZ It's " WAAAY out of Control!!"

But I've also been know to slap people standing behind me in the face with my swinging arms as the ball flies down the middle.

Oh, and Captainadam, That avatar is funny. I think it's a relative of mine.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

I swear and slap the machine on the right side with my hand. I figure a little tough love might straighten it out.. it doesn't seem to work very well.

As you get a little older, beating up the machine starts to hurt more than the satisfaction gained...lol

#9 8 years ago

I've done it on real machines and it does hurt. I'm poor right now so my only machine is a Zizzle Dead Man's Chest, so slapping it around doesn't hurt. Besides, that game is an absolute SOB and deserves a beating.

#10 8 years ago

Ok, first, Wes, we are not related. Second, I walk away to the right, eyes rolled up with a scowl. I actually play games so hard on the flippers that my wrists and fingers hurt so I would never slap the sides, my hands are already numb! I have a really good eye rolling scowl though so most machines quiver when they disappoint me

#11 8 years ago

I will usually do a small circle "walk of shame" and return to play. That or just drop my head below the glass and sighhhhhh with hands still in the ready position...

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I will usually do a small circle "walk of shame" and return to play. That or just drop my head below the glass and sighhhhhh with hands still in the ready position...

Ha! Me too. Sometimes I walk off muttering "Really? I mean....Really?"

#13 8 years ago

I sound more like a pirate with a yarrrgh!

#14 8 years ago

"YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"

#15 8 years ago

I have mentioned it before but my 4 yr old granddaughter makes a face and says "did you see that?" Or "are you kidding me?" Even if her wizard skills aren't there yet, he reactions are on par with the best of us!

#16 8 years ago

Back in the late 1980s-early 1990s, there was a pizza place 2 blocks from my dorm that had a good selection of pinball machines; even though they only had room for three they had Swords of Fury, Cyclone, Earthshaker, Black Knight 2000, Whirlwind, and all the big games from that time. The problem was that when playing pinball there, there were tables literally right behind you where there were often families, many times with small children, eating their pizza while you were playing, so swearing like a sailor just wasn't an option. So we all got good at using obscenity substitutes like zark and smeg instead.

Though, when a friend of mine yelled "BELGIUM!" in anger at a machine, that was going juuuuuust a bit too far, IMHO.....

#17 8 years ago

My grandson throws his arms up just like me.

#18 8 years ago

"There was a hole in my glove coach". Stupid glove...
    I guess most of us have carried those same actions/reactions into our adult hood. Yes, even if you act like a kid your age makes you adult.

#19 8 years ago

Growing old is inevitable, maturity is optional.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Growing old is inevitable, maturity is optional.

Just at least tell me you have cut back on the poo flinging.

#21 8 years ago

I slap my right hand right into my left hand making a quite startling clap. People have turned and asked why the knocker fired after my drain.

Another one is throwing my arms up in the air after a drain. It's just a follow through on an aggressive nudge that didn't work.

Much better than those who pound the glass... Man I hate seeing that.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

Just at least tell me you have cut back on the poo flinging.

Thanks, J Dub, now I am cleaning MT Dew off of the monitor!

Quoted from pinbob:

Much better than those who pound the glass... Man I hate seeing that.

Anyone doing that deserves to have their hand go through and receive the corresponding injuries. I do have to admit though, I have been tempted to hit it myself. Even I know some lines to not cross...

#23 8 years ago

My girlfriend and I tend to get quite vocal when the machines decide to send the ball SDTM. Standing outside you can hear me plain as day. I'm sure the neighbors next door think that the ol lady and myself are trying to kill each other on a nightly basis.

We do not hit the machines though... I'm with VT8Man, it hurts too much! I tried a bang back once on my TZ and my wrist was throbbing for an hour. served me right I guess. lol

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from VT8man:

Excessive swearing is apparently becoming a problem

Yea, I have the worst habit of dropping the "F" bomb at any given reason, "whore" and "mother f*****" are normaly next. I try and mind my manners in public but that doesn't all ways work either.

#26 8 years ago

My behaviour whilst playing pins in public was commented on recently on another group.

I do tend to get a bit vocal when things don't go right, I try to keep the volume and the severity of the cursing down in public though, in case anybody nearby gets offended, especially in the arcades with youngsters around.

Depending on if I think the drain was my ineptitude, or just bad luck, i'll either curse myself or the machine in question. I'll sometimes open my arms wide and swing them back whilst leaning & stepping back, or else give the machine a good hard shove if I think it's to blame, especially a modern Stern.

I have ended up knocking into people at times when stepping back from the machine.

1 week later
    #27 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

Yea, I have the worst habit of dropping the "F" bomb at any given reason, "whore" and "mother f*****" are normaly next. I try and mind my manners in public but that doesn't all ways work either.

That's me, and I also usually add a "Piece of S***" or a "c**k sucker!" Not cool with the little ones about. However, if I wasn't having a particularly good game anyway I just take another slug of beer and launch the next ball.

#28 8 years ago

I normally curse and then start whispering incantations from the necronomicon over the machine.

for some reason it seems to scare people

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

I normally curse and then start whispering incantations from the necronomicon over the machine.

That is just way2wierd! But yet it makes me smile uncontrollably

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 234.99
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    WOZ Out of stock
    Singer Pinball Designs
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 15.45
    Gameroom - Decorations
    KAHR.US Circuits
    Pinball Machine
    Monster Bash Remake Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 12.95
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 123.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 265.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 499.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside