(Topic ID: 68909)

Chevy equinox fit a pinball. Machine?

By Tsskinne

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-969.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Anyone use one of these to move a game before?

#2 10 years ago

It is not listed on the PinWiki, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't work.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines

Have not poked around in one of them, I think the kicker wouldd be the hatch opening. I can fit one in my Trailblazer, but I think the Equinox is a bit lower.

Chris

#3 10 years ago

I just measured I think I will be ok. The rear isn't completely flat but I have 32 inches of clearance at the rear gate and 26 inches near the from so I think as long as we load the front of the machine in first we should be okay. I will let everyone know in a few hours. It is a 90s Williams by the way.

#4 10 years ago

Honestly since a pin will fit in a scion Xb I can't hardly imagine it being an issue at all.

#5 10 years ago

I got my Flash Gordon in my equinox. Snug but it was fine.

#6 10 years ago

Does the top fold down on a Flash Gordon or did you detach head and lay it next to cabinet?

#7 10 years ago

A little trick another pinsider gave me regarding moving a pin with an Equinox. The back seat actually slides forward. Move the seat forward as far as you can...it increases the hieght of the cargo area. You should be fine.

#9 10 years ago

If you've got a 90's Williams you'll be alright. I have a friend that has an Equinox and we have used that on two different trips, one for a Game Show and one for a HS2. Both were tight but fine.

#10 10 years ago

Fits easily

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #11 10 years ago

Is that FT? Cool!

#12 10 years ago

Yep got her set up and playing.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-969.jpgimage-969.jpg
    #13 10 years ago

What year is your Equinox?

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yep got her set up and playing.

Awesome! Looks nice.

Quoted from 1967Firebird:

What year is your Equinox?

Yeah, this actually is important. I believe that the newer body style Equinox won't fit a machine as the cargo area is smaller. I know for sure that a machine will fit in a 2005-2009 Equinox but 2010-2014 may not fit as the adjusted the body style in 2010 -- I don't know whether a machine will fit in a 2010-2014.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from dmklunk:

Awesome! Looks nice.

Yeah, this actually is important. I believe that the newer body style Equinox won't fit a machine as the cargo area is smaller. I know for sure that a machine will fit in a 2005-2009 Equinox but 2010-2014 may not fit as the adjusted the body style in 2010 -- I don't know whether a machine will fit in a 2010-2014.

Yes that is why I asked, my wife had the older model and I knew it would fit but we just bought her a new one and I am glad to here you can also fit one in that make. I would say the back seat being all the way forward did make a huge difference in the way you could fit Pin on the older model.

#17 10 years ago

Thanks for the info and congrats on the Pin.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from 1967Firebird:

just bought her a new one and I am glad to here you can also fit one in that make

and you did not measure it before buying it? Seems like you should lose karma points for that

While my wife wasn't happy with it being a requirement, when we were getting her a new SUV I brought a tape measure to check every SUV, a few were eliminated based on having lack of clearance.

#19 10 years ago

Chevy car salesman here. Looks like I just got a new sales pitch!

7 months later
    #20 9 years ago

For anyone searching old threads I just fit a High Speed in a 2014 without any problems.

8 years later
    1 week later
    #22 1 year ago

I too am curious on this. I haven't been able to find any trunk measurements myself though.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chevy-equinox-fit-a-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.