(Topic ID: 193890)

Chester Bennington RIP

By FatPanda

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

#1 6 years ago

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7873783/linkin-park-chester-bennington-suicide

What is going on here? I listened to LP exclusively in high school when they came out with their first single Papercut. Now this? Truly a sad day for me.

#2 6 years ago

Apparent suicide. Geez, so many young people committing suicide, so sad.

#3 6 years ago

#4 6 years ago

Life is fleeting, but there's always help. There's always someone out there that can help.

#5 6 years ago

Passed away on what would have been Chris Cornell's 53rd birthday... Very sad indeed. He was so talented!

#6 6 years ago

While their last couple of albums I wasn't super big on, hybrid theory was an album I listened from start to finish at least once a month since it came out. I know he was taking the criticism pretty hard from the fans backlashing over their latest album as it is nothing of their normal sound, I just wonder if that played into this whole thing. Very sad. He had a 1 in a million voice IMO.

#8 6 years ago

Another awesome one gone

#9 6 years ago

I'm very sad about this. My daughter has joined the Army and asked me if I would go to a concert with her, I told her that of the music that she listens to, that id go to a Linkin Park concert with her. I splurged and bought great seats as the concert is 10 days before she ships out. Spent 500.00 on the tickets, and we have been counting down till the concert (Aug 14, just a little over three weeks away) and now this

sad that people have to struggle for various reasons, my daughter has had to go through several friends that have taken their own life in the past two years. Whats worse, is that the person that commits suicide ends their pain, but causes pain for others for much longer. Sad for Chesters children that will have to live without a father now

#10 6 years ago

My first thought was that his 6 kids now dont have a father to grow up with. Being a father of 2 myself, i would give them everything if it meant they would be happy. Me not being there for them is my biggest fear. I was unemployed for a month and we couldnt buy them the extra things that we normally would, and it broke my heart. I can't imagine not being there for them.

#11 6 years ago

I was never a big Linkin Park fan, but I had a lot of respect for Chester. He was an underrated vocalist IMHO.

#12 6 years ago

Hybrid Theory was my personal sound track for a very long time.

RIP Chester. You'll never know how much your music affected us.

#13 6 years ago

#14 6 years ago

Pretty cool

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chester-bennington-rip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.