Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by bonzo71
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have previously started a topic about this game. Through the help of pinside members and a lot of patience, I was able to fix the issues. However, new issues have come to light.

1. The game is designed to count up a bonus and to score that bonus when the ball lands in a kickout hole. Some times the game works great and the ball will land in the kickout hole, a ball count unit in the back box will be activated, the bonus unit attached under the playfield will count down the bonus and then the ball will be kicked back out into play. Most often though, the ball will land in the hole and the ball count unit in the backbox will run endlessly without activating the bonus countdown unit and without kicking out the ball. Other times, the score reel will spin endlessly and not kickout the ball. Without a schematic, I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Does anyone know where I can find a schematic for this game? I have been using the Sonic "Face" schematic for the start up process, but the schematic doesn't help with the Cherry Bell bonus unit.

2. The third score reel (the 10,000 unit) will buzz loudly on the second and third player after the score has advanced. No play is affected, but the noise is very loud. It does the same thing on the first player reel, but not as loudly. I have removed the reels, taken them apart and cleaned them. I cleaned the contacts on the reel and on the 10000 point relay. I'm not sure why the reel coil is staying activated only on the 10000 unit.

3. The game will not go to a 4th player. I have plenty of credits on the wheel, but haven't ever been able to activate more than 3 players.

The first issue is the most important. If I can fix that issue, the game could at least be played as a one player game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
aaron

#2 8 years ago

Hi aaron
here I only write about "schematics" - I did a google search and I landed here: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DOC2270 , http://www.marcospecialties.com/ordering-policies/ . Greetings Rolf

#3 8 years ago

Aaron, I would not continue to play with coils buzzing. you have an issue, or two, with the score reel switches, and the score relays reacting to target points being won. your pin is not releasing locked coils correctly, nor is your bonus system functioning consistently.
I do not have this pin, but have spent time on some. My Super Straight has a bonus unit, a Bonus unit relay, and a Bonus unit EOS switch, a bonus advance relay, an alternator relay ,and an Advance bonus relay... They all have to be workin together for the advance/collect bonus s#!t to work correctly. And, nuthin is gonna score correctly, until the bonus stuff has its way, and releases scoring to normal function.
Check that stuff over, bet you will find your problem there.
Or, maybe in a score motor switch???
Just my opinion...I cud be wrong.

5 months later
#4 8 years ago

I found a place to order the schematics from. Made the job much easier. I won't make that mistake again. Thanks everyone.

#5 8 years ago

I suspect the bonus stepper under the playfield is getting stuck. The ball will not get kicked out until that bonus unit gets to the zero position

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cherry-bell-sonic-problems-em-bonus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.