Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by russdx
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (1) (resized).jpeg
    2BCA3CD8-D6C4-4F30-9856-F3B922693026 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

It's amazing how the plant personnel denied everything

That is how things there work. From the personnel, to the people in charge of the city, to the KGB, local secretary of Communist Ideology, the head of the militia, the mayor. They would rather die then let their superiors, or worst the West, think they had a problem they couldn't handle. That is how Chikatilo took so long to track down.

Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Governments lie and never told everyone how bad this actually was.

The mayor let the parade the next day go on, before evacuating the city.

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Were there possibly cosmonaut deaths that were never reported???

Russia always rewrites history. Leaders come in and out of favor. Get added to pictures they were never in, get removed from pictures they were in. Even Czars have been removed from their history.

Quoted from jgentry:

I had a former employee (I am an environmental chemist) that actual went to Chernobyl 3 times over the course of 18 months to help with heavy metals testing. He has had cancer twice already. He spent limited time on site with full hazmat suites.

Just think of all the people that were on the bridge or top of apartment building to see the pretty silver cloud over the reactor. Or after the evacuation and the people who went there and stole furniture and TV's, etc. etc. and hauled to Kiev and other cities to sell and spread the contamination.

LTG : )

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The U.S’ history when it comes to nuclear secrecy and environmental disasters isn’t exactly spotless. I’m sure you’ve seen the footage of American troops marching directly towards mushroom clouds.

I agree. I was just pointing out how things in Russia worked at that time.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And patiently waiting for the HBO series about Love Canal.

Hey just because the crap underground is slowly creeping towards the east coast water table, doesn't mean there is a serious problem.

LTG : )

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chernobyl-hbo-whos-watching?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.