autoplunger 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231009_235524235 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231009_234912756 (resized).jpg
Pinside_market_154791_16 (resized).jpg
02869246-E252-4368-A27A-524A50B1FBA6 (resized).jpeg
2023-04-01 10.14.15 (resized).jpg
2023-04-01 10.06.34 (resized).jpg
2023-04-01 10.06.25 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mahoneyj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#376 5 years ago

Hi,

I purchased a semi-working Checkpoint in January. I went over the machine and it was fully functioning when done. It's been played about 500 times and recently the Extra Ball (light works fine in attract mode) stopped lighting and the Match sequence stopped working at the end of the game. You don't see it an you don't hear it. Even when the display did not work you heard the cars driving by and crashing into each other. I am struggling to find a place to start to diagnose this.

He is what has been done to the game:
- Replaced resistor on DMD to get that working again.
- Replaced the Power Supply board as it was sending off voltage to DMD and back glass general lights were not working. This fixed both issues.
- Replaced the burnt connectors to the Power Supply with new
- I also replaced all rubber and plastic stand offs but that's probably not involved with this issue
- Checked all connectors on boards. Pulled them, cleaned and reseated
- Checked all connectors by the transformer. All look like new.

The machine has all incandescent bulbs and I replaced any that were not working.
No issues with the display at all now. It passes all diagnostic tests and not a dot is out.

The only other remaining issue is the sub speaker in the cabinet does not work. It reads high resistance so I am going to get the sound board rebuilt. I will get all Caps replaced and the transistors checked.

Recently the Extra ball started to light again and functions has normal. I think these are tied together and some board needs some connection reflowed maybe. Just not sure where to start working. Anyone have any insight to this issue?

Thanks!

#378 5 years ago
Quoted from Orange_Julius:

Reflow everything, had to in both my checkpoints before everything worked. Also consider replacing the rectifiers had lots of display issues until I realized its directly powering the DMD.

Thanks. I will pull the rest of the boards and reflow when I get the sound board rebuilt and see if that sorts it.

Are the rectifiers you are referring to on the power supply board? If it is I should be good as I replaced that board in its entirety since the original one lived a hard life of what looked like poor repairs in the field and many of the connectors were very burnt.

#380 5 years ago

I also added some posts behind the rubbers to support the drop targets when they get hit. It helps dampen the impact a lot and prevents the flags from bebding back helping the ball go airborne.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mahoneyj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/checkpoint-club-and-mod-ideas?tu=mahoneyj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.