autoplunger 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231009_235524235 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231009_234912756 (resized).jpg
Pinside_market_154791_16 (resized).jpg
02869246-E252-4368-A27A-524A50B1FBA6 (resized).jpeg
2023-04-01 10.14.15 (resized).jpg
2023-04-01 10.06.34 (resized).jpg
2023-04-01 10.06.25 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuietEarp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#290 7 years ago

Queston for you Checkpoint owners. Does anyone get airballs off the middle drop target rubbers that come back over the flippers? Anyone got a fix for that?

#293 7 years ago

Right after I got my pinball life order I broke a drop target!

I notice that only one of the drop targets in my game have that hideous checkpoint logo on it. It occurs to me that they might be frequently broken. Is this a common problem? Also does anyone have any ideas for a custom decal that would look better than the check point decal? Porsche logo maybe?

Also I am noticing an interesting issue with the DMD. Everything is bright and solid, but when a game score is displayed there is kind of a ripple effect on that score. Only things related to the present score are "wavy". I tried re-seating the ribbon cable, but nothing.

Also thinking about LEDs in this bad boy! Looks like it would look great with them!

#295 7 years ago

Awesome! I will probably order a few targets just in case. Right now I am leaning towards a Porsche logo for the drop targets. That checkpoint thing was not doing it for me.

Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 6.39.53 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-03-19 at 6.39.53 PM (resized).png

#298 7 years ago

Thanks, I might go with a black and white version instead. Kind of like the one Mr_Tantrum posted, but less black. I will see what looks better. Maybe one with less grey scale than this.

Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 7.43.41 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-03-20 at 7.43.41 PM (resized).png

3 weeks later
#311 7 years ago

Question for you Checkpoint people. Is there any way to adjust the "speed" that is registered on the ramp besides moving the switches closer together? Moving the swithces would be hard as they fit real nice where they are so I am not doing that. I may have mine set up at a pretty high angle. The flippers are pretty strong, but getting 175mph seems harder than it should be.

I just cleaned mine and replaced a bunch of bulbs with LEDs. Looks great, but is a little crazy when the lights flash.

Also I am wondering if a piece of weatherstripping tape applied under the metal deflector shield would reduce the crazy airballs when you hit the rubbers behind the 3 drop targets. I feel that the ball hits the rubbers and ounces into the shield and that may slow them down.

I am trying to get it ready for Pin-a-go-go.

#312 7 years ago

So I got my Checkpoint running again after replacing the rubbers and was going to get it out in the field for a local tournament. I played a few games to get it dialed in and the airballs off the middle drops were insane! Even when hitting the drops down I got a few crazy airballs that broke off my Pit Stop sign. I am thinking of replacing that metal deflector that is angled up with a flatter piece and see if that helps. I don't think we can adjust the flipper strength. These airballs were intense. Can't let that continue.

I saw you can however change the speed required to advance the tachometer in the settings so that answers my previous question.

#314 7 years ago

I did have 2 rubbers. When I got the game it had 3. I added a third after the incident and it helped a little. I may experiment with the arrangement and size of the rubbers. I would think that bigger and looser would be less springy.

When the target was up and I really hit it hard the ball got some serious air, which I thought was weird as the ball impacted the drop target and not the rubber.

I think that dialing down the coil strength adjustment may have helped a little, but I am still testing it out.

Sometimes when there is a multiball one ball will drain and the game thinks that both balls have drained. Ball trough switches seem fine, but I think the problem is there.

2 months later
#318 6 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

Sometimes when there is a multiball one ball will drain and the game thinks that both balls have drained. Ball trough switches seem fine, but I think the problem is there.

I found what the problem was there. One of the ball trough switches was occasionally hanging up on a rivet on the switch assembly itself. I bent the wire so it didn't make contact anymore. Probably a potential problem on any game with similar switches.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuietEarp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/checkpoint-club-and-mod-ideas?tu=QuietEarp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.