autoplunger 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231009_235524235 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231009_234912756 (resized).jpg
Pinside_market_154791_16 (resized).jpg
02869246-E252-4368-A27A-524A50B1FBA6 (resized).jpeg
2023-04-01 10.14.15 (resized).jpg
2023-04-01 10.06.34 (resized).jpg
2023-04-01 10.06.25 (resized).jpg
There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.
#202 7 years ago

Cabinet decals being printed. Should have them in my hand by the end of next week.

#203 7 years ago

awesome! Thanx for the update

#204 7 years ago

Danke

#205 7 years ago

Question for the purchasers / users of these decals.

Who plans to clear coat over them or leave them as is?

#206 7 years ago

I wouldn't clear over them. The printer is printing on the vinyl and then applying a laminate coating for durability and uv protection.

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I wouldn't clear over them. The printer is printing on the vinyl and then applying a laminate coating for durability and uv protection.

Thank you for the insight.

#208 7 years ago

Agree.. If it didn't have the coating over it I probably would have cleared over it. Post some pics when you have them

#209 7 years ago

Just received these from my printer. Look amazing. Nice and durable. I wanted to get these wrapped up and shipped today but life's been to hectic. I promise this will be shipped out before the weekend!

I have one extra set of someone else wants one. PM me.

Here's some quick crappy photos.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#211 7 years ago

Awesome. Am assuming you will ship using mailing tubes?

#212 7 years ago

Update on my CP project:

Everything but ground braid has been removed

New back box has been cut and routed out of Baltic Birch plywood - need to assemble

Up next - prep cabinet (sand / smooth) for paint....then....new decals!

Pictures of what I am working with....poor Checkpoint lived a rough and cold life in Denver, CO

IMG_7161 (resized).JPGIMG_7161 (resized).JPG

IMG_7156 (resized).JPGIMG_7156 (resized).JPG

IMG_7158 (resized).JPGIMG_7158 (resized).JPG

IMG_7155 (resized).JPGIMG_7155 (resized).JPG

IMG_7159 (resized).JPGIMG_7159 (resized).JPG

IMG_7160 (resized).JPGIMG_7160 (resized).JPG

IMG_7157 (resized).JPGIMG_7157 (resized).JPG

IMG_7154 (resized).JPGIMG_7154 (resized).JPG

#213 7 years ago

Wow Grant, didn't realize your CP cabinet had such a tough life! Those new decals and your work on the cabinet and backbox, will certainly bring your CP a fresh look! Cant wait to see your finished photos. Good luck with your project!

Nick

#214 7 years ago

The struggle is real...

#215 7 years ago

Shipping tubes for sure. All wrapped up. I'll drop them at the post office in the morning.

#216 7 years ago

Great news, then I will have my winter project parts list almost complete:
NOS pf
NOS Plastic set
New Decals

All I need is a new potentiometer for the sound. Mine is a little touchy and it is hard to get both channels working at the same time without turning it really loud. Has anyone replaced it in this machine? It is a dual unit not a single and I haven't seen one anywhere.

#217 7 years ago

So much love for DE games as of late.

On a side note am on a quest to find a nice Rocky and Bullwinkle for my kids.

#218 7 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Just received these from my printer. Look amazing. Nice and durable. I wanted to get these wrapped up and shipped today but life's been to hectic. I promise this will be shipped out before the weekend!
I have one extra set of someone else wants one. PM me.
Here's some quick crappy photos.

The print resolution looks nice but you criticized the Checkpoint decals by Retro Refurbs by saying they looked faded, yet they have the deep reds and correct orange which yours don't have. Your colors are not quite right.

#219 7 years ago

These have the deep reds for sure and the oranges looks as correct as I can tell. Those were some crappy photos in the back of my car in the sun. I hope everyone is happy with these. If not I will gladly take them back. I'm not trying to knock your product Pete. I never found any decals so I set out to make some. I did and once I did you showed up with yours. Sorry if I hurt your sales. I only had 4 people take a set from me. Just trying to help a few others out when I was doing it for myself. Again I'm sorry.

-Jim

#220 7 years ago

Whats the best stripper to remove the paint from the legs on these machines?

Tried Klean Strip, and after 20 minutes it had no reaction.

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from Orange_Julius:

Whats the best stripper to remove the paint from the legs on these machines?
Tried Klean Strip, and after 20 minutes it had no reaction.

Have you tried a non-chemical alternative? Wire wheel?

#222 7 years ago

No haven't done mechanical yet, I am actually prepping them for the powder coater who will also media blast them. The idea is to save him some time seeing that he is a work friend. Might try the wire wheel, been trying to also identify the kind of paint it is and match up the correct stripper.

#223 7 years ago

Think they are powder coated originally. Acid bath might be the only Jon mechanical option

#224 7 years ago

For two of the legs Klean strip worked the other two i'm working on with the wire wheel...ugh.

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I'm in.
Heck I won't tell you what I have in this...

Holy @#$@#$ that turned out nice

#226 7 years ago

Looking for a source for the Foam strip that seals the top of the playfield to the playfield glass channel.

Marco has this but it is to short.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5004-00

Foam (resized).PNGFoam (resized).PNG

#227 7 years ago

Looking for a source for the Foam strip that seals the top of the playfield to the playfield glass channel.

Buy 2 of them...?

#228 7 years ago

Yep, I think that is what I'm going to do.

#229 7 years ago

Here's a source for lockdown bar foam. Not sure if it's the same stuff but will probably work.
http://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html

#230 7 years ago

Hello. Can someone shoot me a photo of the right and left flipper coil wiring. I want to be sure i am correct. Thank you.....

#231 7 years ago

Here is mine currently.20161002_045707 (resized).jpg20161002_045707 (resized).jpg

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I agree the couple on the playfield is odd.

The couple is Joe Kaminkow and his wife. This machine was his concept, he had maybe still has the silver speedster he is driving on the backglass (artist Paul Farris is in the red 911). Joe is also behind Batman 66 and owns a fucking Batmobile.

#233 7 years ago

Come on guys everybodys got these new decals for your Checkpoint there has got to be a photo out there of the flipper coil wiring. Please share. lol.

lol thank you

#234 7 years ago
Quoted from smersh:

Come on guys everybodys got these new decals for your Checkpoint there has got to be a photo out there of the flipper coil wiring. Please share. lol.
lol thank you

How's this:

Img_4745 (resized).jpgImg_4745 (resized).jpg

Img_4746 (resized).jpgImg_4746 (resized).jpg

Img_4747 (resized).jpgImg_4747 (resized).jpg

#235 7 years ago

1475495715285.jpg1475495715285.jpg1475495682351.jpg1475495682351.jpg

#236 7 years ago

Thank u elvisinmypaints when i get home from work those phots are going to be great..... Thanks

#237 7 years ago

A big thanks to WHRIDLSONCESTOOD for making the decals happen, and a big thanks to SCOTTYC for coming over to help out last night.

IMG_1215 (resized).JPGIMG_1215 (resized).JPG

IMG_1216 (resized).JPGIMG_1216 (resized).JPG

IMG_1225 (resized).JPGIMG_1225 (resized).JPG

#238 7 years ago

man, that just looks soo nice!! You'll have to assist me when it comes time to do mine Really love the carbon fiber mirror blades, gonna have to copy you on that one

#239 7 years ago

Awesome guys. Good work.

Orange, did you powder coat or paint/clear side armor, lockdown bar, legs?

#240 7 years ago

Awesome! Might I suggest the stern cabinet leg protectors? They hold the leg off the decal so they will never wrinkle. Those plastic ones are kinda destined to hide old leg wrinkling and will actually dig into the cabinet the same at the legs will in time. Hate to see them get ruined!

#241 7 years ago

That looks great! Cant wait to do my decals.

How did you pick that color for the rails & legs? I would have never thought of it, but it looks amazing.

#242 7 years ago

Had a friend at work do the powder coating, the color was a bit of a happy little accident was trying to get close to the red of cabinet with a silver metallic fleck.

http://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/PMB-6774/CARMINE-SPARKLE/

#243 7 years ago

Orange,
How did you handle the red and green inserts in the front cabinet? Cut circles or remove inserts, set decal, then re-insert?

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryphun:

Orange,
How did you handle the red and green inserts in the front cabinet? Cut circles or remove inserts, set decal, then re-insert?

Put on decal cut circles, then insert the inserts. At first they pushed back on the decal but they sit a hair below it once fully inserted. A nice new #11 in the exacto really helps and I think ScottyC actually cut them.

#245 7 years ago

And its done.

IMG_1243 (resized).JPGIMG_1243 (resized).JPG

#246 7 years ago

Wow, I hope mine turns out 1/2 that well this winter

Why are you using those leg protectors? They create wrinkles, not prevent them.

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Wow, I hope mine turns out 1/2 that well this winter
Why are you using those leg protectors? They create wrinkles, not prevent them.

Yeah I might get rid of them, no wrinkles yet.

#248 7 years ago

just throwing it out there again... I'm in the market for minty CQ check point. Let me know if you guys have any leads in the Philadelphia area. Thanks.

#249 7 years ago

Looks great Orange. How well did you prep the cabinet before the decals? Sand smooth, semi-flat black paint, then apply decals or did your cabinet not need that much work?

#250 7 years ago

Put on decal cut circles, then insert the inserts. At first they pushed back on the decal but they sit a hair below it once fully inserted. A nice new #11 in the exacto really helps and I think ScottyC actually cut them.

That is how I am doing it as well.

I used a blow dryer on low heat, and tapped gently with a rubber mallet to remove those inserts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/checkpoint-club-and-mod-ideas/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.