autoplunger 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231009_235524235 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231009_234912756 (resized).jpg
Pinside_market_154791_16 (resized).jpg
02869246-E252-4368-A27A-524A50B1FBA6 (resized).jpeg
2023-04-01 10.14.15 (resized).jpg
2023-04-01 10.06.34 (resized).jpg
2023-04-01 10.06.25 (resized).jpg
There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.
#151 7 years ago

cabinet looks great. Man, I was so close...

#152 7 years ago

Hi Grant, if your down here in the South Bay for CAX you should come by and give CP a drive. Got the Turbo Booster installed and all is running smoothly. PM me if so!

Nick

#153 7 years ago

Jim, I'll get a better head on shot of CP later today as the lighting in my garage is not the best currently.

Nick

#154 7 years ago

Sweet deal man. My wife and I will be going to CAX on Sunday. Today we are at Blues and Brews in Pleasant Hill. I will PM you.

#155 7 years ago

Tough time eliminating the glare due to the glossiness of the screened art work. If these two shots don't work for you. I'll try closer to dusk!

CP2IMG_1243_(resized).jpgCP2IMG_1243_(resized).jpg

CP3IMG_1242_(resized).jpgCP3IMG_1242_(resized).jpg

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryphun:

Sweet deal man. My wife and I will be going to CAX on Sunday. Today we are at Blues and Brews in Pleasant Hill. I will PM you.

Cool, shoot me a PM when you get into town!

#157 7 years ago

Rather than repainting the block of wood, I figured to just use some pin stripping tape. Pep Boys only had the carbon fiber tape in the size I needed, maybe a bit much but I think it looks OK.

IMG_0872_(resized).JPGIMG_0872_(resized).JPG

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Tough time eliminating the glare due to the glossiness of the screened art work. If these two shots don't work for you. I'll try closer to dusk!

Those worked perfectly! Thanks a ton!

-Jim

#159 7 years ago

No worries Jim, glad to help out!!

Nick

#160 7 years ago

Received this playfield in the mail the other day.

Couple things of note

Majority of artwork is great - especially around the castle, bushes, and outholes, etc.

Sample / early production (my guess) playfield - some holes need to be drilled for posts/plastics, etc.

Registration issues - Makes woman with red lipstick look like a tranny
- American flag - red stripe bleeding into stars area
- Other misc.

planking / small crack by "C", "A", and "One Million" inserts

Playfield looks a little warped (see picture) - wondering what to do here? Lay playfield flat, protect artwork, place weights? Any advice is appreciated on this issue

My plan is to send this to HSA, have them clean it up (prob. stage 1/2, and clear coat).

Also want to cover the couple on the left side with just blue background or maybe Jaegermeister logo (tip of the hat to Porsche racing heritage) - always hated that picture of the couple and thought it was out of place / not necessary.

Anyway, here are some pictures...

IMG_6614_(resized).JPGIMG_6614_(resized).JPG

IMG_6612_(resized).JPGIMG_6612_(resized).JPG

IMG_6613_(resized).JPGIMG_6613_(resized).JPG

IMG_6616_(resized).JPGIMG_6616_(resized).JPG

IMG_6615_(resized).JPGIMG_6615_(resized).JPG

IMG_6617_(resized).JPGIMG_6617_(resized).JPG

IMG_6618_(resized).JPGIMG_6618_(resized).JPG

#161 7 years ago

Thoughts? Anybody?

#162 7 years ago

I agree the couple on the playfield is odd. My playfield is in similar condition but with mylar bubbling in places. Did you remove the mylar on this one? I'm afraid of what might happen if I did.

#163 7 years ago

There is no mylar on this playfield. It arrived as-is.

It is one of the playfields that is part of the huge playfield inventory that planetary pinball is currently selling (old assets of IPB).

You can find the link on pinside.

#164 7 years ago

Is anyone aware of a cliffy like protector or decal like ring the could be installed around the pop bumper holes to cover the area that the factor Mylar did not cover. Does not have to be checkpoint specific, just something with the correct dimensions for Data East.

IMG_1039_(resized).JPGIMG_1039_(resized).JPG

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from Orange_Julius:

Is anyone aware of a cliffy like protector or decal like ring the could be installed around the pop bumper holes to cover the area that the factor Mylar did not cover. Does not have to be checkpoint specific, just something with the correct dimensions for Data East.

This is sort of what I am after but they don't list the dimension. The black would cover the no paint part of the PF.

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/insert-decals-overlays/2756/pop-bumper-protector-black

1 week later
#166 7 years ago

Anyone interested in a set of decals for the cabinet? My art guy is coming along very nicely with the art files. I can get multiple sets printed if people are interested...

#168 7 years ago

I might be, depending on price. Any idea?

#169 7 years ago

art work?!! YES very interested!

#170 7 years ago

Very Interested!

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Anyone interested in a set of decals for the cabinet? My art guy is coming along very nicely with the art files. I can get multiple sets printed if people are interested...

Very interested.

Are you making decals for the car, road, mountains, etc. or one large decal per side?

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Also, what art files is he going off of? 600dpi scan then redraw in vector?

#173 7 years ago

Yes full decal set. I did hi res scans of a decent cabinet and he is redrawing in Adobe products. Here is the last preview he sent me of one of the sides. image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

What kind of prices are people comfortable with? I need to talk to the printer and see what numbers he gives me for a multiple set run.

#174 7 years ago

I'd be willing to go in the range of $200-$250 shipped for a full decal set.

#175 7 years ago

Am willing to pay in that range as well dependent on final product.

Easier / more cost effective to go decal route vs. stencils and spraying multiple colors.

I will probably attempt clear coating over with semi-flat.

Would be awesome if your art guy can change the silly "kamikaze" on the Porsche to Jagermeister livery or Martini & Rossi livery

#176 7 years ago

I'll stick with one project now before I start making one offs

#177 7 years ago

That dollar range works for me, even though I'll be converting from Australian pesos...

#178 7 years ago

Hi Folks. New to this club and I already got some great ideas on some mods. I need a good photo of the under the playfield area of the shooter lane switch around that area would be helpful. Thanks

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from smersh:

Hi Folks. New to this club and I already got some great ideas on some mods. I need a good photo of the under the playfield area of the shooter lane switch around that area would be helpful. Thanks

These do?

Img_4759_(resized).jpgImg_4759_(resized).jpg

Img_4760_(resized).jpgImg_4760_(resized).jpg

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from smersh:

Get out Eric. You're not allowed!

#182 7 years ago

Thank you timerider. Ah it appears I'm missing the auto launch coil, bracket and kicker. Im restoring a CP... Jim, theirs no turning back now lol

#183 7 years ago

Timerider... Can you shoot a photo of the top of the shooter kicker? and the coil size... If you get a chance and thank you....

#184 7 years ago

Here's the top of the playfield area.
If you're missing the auto-plunger assy... I believe they are unobtainium, but you can sometimes retro-fit the newer Stern assemblies. (not sure about Checkpoint, but I know I have it on my DE Star Trek 25).

(and the coil number is shown in the 2nd pic I posted above)

Img_4648_(resized).jpgImg_4648_(resized).jpg

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

I'd be willing to go in the range of $200-$250 shipped for a full decal set.

Same range for me works.

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Here's the top of the playfield area.
If you're missing the auto-plunger assy... I believe they are unobtainium, but you can sometimes retro-fit the newer Stern assemblies. (not sure about Checkpoint, but I know I have it on my DE Star Trek 25).
(and the coil number is shown in the 2nd pic I posted above)

Thanks again Timerider. I should have seen the coil number on the first photo. lol Not enough coffee this morning.

#187 7 years ago

I am looking for the Turbo auto kicker. The whole unit if anyone has any spare parts. Also if anyone knows if I can use the unit off a same type machine???

Thanks
smersh

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from smersh:

Timerider... Can you shoot a photo of the top of the shooter kicker? and the coil size... If you get a chance and thank you....

Timerider. Hi! If you could and have the time, please shoot me a photo of how the Spin and Win - Advance R.P.M. light (plastic) playfield part is mounted. I am continuing to searching for a good internet photo but can't seem to find one. The machine I am working on came with it in pieces and I need to reattach it lol. Thank you if you can help

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from smersh:

Timerider. Hi! If you could and have the time, please shoot me a photo of how the Spin and Win - Advance R.P.M. light (plastic) playfield part is mounted. I am continuing to searching for a good internet photo but can't seem to find one. The machine I am working on came with it in pieces and I need to reattach it lol. Thank you if you can help

I had the same problem... I'm fairly positive the brass bracket at the bottom-right corner of the wood housing, slips over the edge of the spinner bracket. But I never could figure out how the top was really secured. So I slipped the PCB under the lip of the ramp edge, and the semi-loose wire tied the harness/connector up to convenient hole in the ramp edge.

It seemed to make the most sense to me. There are no other existing holes in the wood assy that indicated to me that there was any other factory mount attached to that RPM Advance assy.

IMAG0740_(resized).jpgIMAG0740_(resized).jpg

IMAG0741_(resized).jpgIMAG0741_(resized).jpg

#190 7 years ago

Awesome Timerider! Thank you very much. I will mount it as you said seems to work and look great. Thanks again!

#191 7 years ago

Spoke with a printer today. Art isn't fully done but I got some good ball park numbers. In the end if I can get 6 commitments I think it's feesible to offer these at 250$ shipped. They will be printed on vinyl with a protective layer over them after they are printed to help protect from uv fade and running up against them.

If you're interest for real let me know and when the art is done and my printer is ready I'll take concrete orders and then place it with my printer.

#192 7 years ago

Count me in. Money is at the ready.

#193 7 years ago

Count me in as well..paypal ready

#194 7 years ago

Count me in money is in hand.

#195 7 years ago

I'm in.

Heck I won't tell you what I have in this...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#196 7 years ago

OH MY GLOSS, That play field!!! The art is amazing. No idea how much you have into that PF but worth every $.01 is my opinion. Was this a DIYer?

#197 7 years ago

No. CaptNeo cleaned up and cc'ed a NOS pf I bought from another pinside.

#198 7 years ago

4 in. I bet we can get 2 more. Art might be done in the next couple days. Moving along quicker than I thought!

#199 7 years ago

Ok the art is done. Just need to give my printer a total number to print. PM me if you want a set and I will see about getting these ordered next week. Said it should only take him a couple days to print once I give him the ok.

-Jim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/checkpoint-club-and-mod-ideas/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.