autoplunger 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231009_235524235 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231009_234912756 (resized).jpg
Pinside_market_154791_16 (resized).jpg
02869246-E252-4368-A27A-524A50B1FBA6 (resized).jpeg
2023-04-01 10.14.15 (resized).jpg
2023-04-01 10.06.34 (resized).jpg
2023-04-01 10.06.25 (resized).jpg
There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.
#551 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Good detective work Gary! You slooth.

Just dumb luck I was watching a TNT video of BTTF and noticed it.

1 week later
#552 3 years ago

Did some pop bumper bling to it, really makes that dark area pop!!!

19FEF2AF-22A9-41A7-B116-62F9842B90E7 (resized).jpeg19FEF2AF-22A9-41A7-B116-62F9842B90E7 (resized).jpeg8BF9E657-1F42-4A0F-869D-64B72AA9A186 (resized).jpeg8BF9E657-1F42-4A0F-869D-64B72AA9A186 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#553 2 years ago

Hey all Checkpoint fans,
just wondering if anyone has made a mod/hack so the ball feeds into the pops from the left orbit shot @ low speed travel,
noticed a blurry pic on a Robo cop with a curvy wire around back centre of playfield.

may have been discussed before that this layout pretty average & needs more pop action.

TIA

1 week later
#554 2 years ago

Hi all, just joined the club this past week - got a great price on this machine and it's a lot of fun!

Quick question for other owners, it looks like airballs are a known issue with this game. Mine seems really excessive, to the point where I'm worried about the glass breaking (I've already broken a plastic) - any recommendations for how to tone them down a bit?

My first thought is to decrease the power of the flippers - the guy I bought it from mentioned he had the flippers rebuilt a few years ago and they do seem like overkill for this game - is there a way to easily do this?

What about the pitch of the game? I haven't adjusted this at all, but would changing the pitch up/down help with airballs?

#555 2 years ago

you can change the coil strength in the settings,
I set mine low & didn't notice much of a decrease of power at all, still seemed way high.

2 months later
#556 2 years ago

Does anyone have a replacement translite hanging around?!

#557 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

That would be back glass on this title!

#558 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Wayfair had one.

#559 2 years ago

LOL. I’m assuming no one has a nice original back glass that’s not being used…at a price I’m willing to pay. I’ve seen reproduction translites floating out there from Europe for 50 euro and thought a better chance someone could have purchased one or a spare at some point. I might also just print a replacement. So if anyone is willing to take a few high definition photos of their non-flaking backglass (backglass all in one frame) during the magic hour as the sun is setting…let me know and shoot me the photo!

2 weeks later
#560 2 years ago

Mayfair has one in stock but it’s pricey:

https://mayfairamusement.com/product/checkpoint/

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from 29REO:

Mayfair has one in stock but it’s pricey:
https://mayfairamusement.com/product/checkpoint/

I saw it at Allentown, they have Batman as well.

#562 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

I have one that I’m changing out with another. I might sell it, just haven’t changed it out yet.

2 weeks later
#563 2 years ago

Parts! I have available a full set (I believe) of the under-playfield lightboards/sockets, ball rails and wire guides.

What’s fair - $100 plus actual shipping (US only)? Hit me up if you need these.

9D61C26D-7D6F-4112-85EB-FE872B5F29AD (resized).jpeg9D61C26D-7D6F-4112-85EB-FE872B5F29AD (resized).jpeg8FFEE2DF-2FA3-4DBD-A84D-7625061E3A33 (resized).jpeg8FFEE2DF-2FA3-4DBD-A84D-7625061E3A33 (resized).jpeg0B47C2EA-26E3-4EA5-938D-2B3633DC8DD9 (resized).jpeg0B47C2EA-26E3-4EA5-938D-2B3633DC8DD9 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#564 2 years ago

In the club now! Great game. Loved the Victory lap for the multi-player winner at the end, great theme.

Few questions
I have noticed peach colored and red colored drop target decals. I was curious if that was a early/late thing or just different suppliers?

Which coil sleeves are correct for the Black Beast coils? Are they generic "1 11/16?" as seen on Marco etc. Or are these NLA and need to be bought with coil assemblies?

Can you run anypin dmd Nvram in this? It mentions it needing to be a certain RAM type (6116?) I haven't looked yet. Did all Checkpoint use the same RAM model?

Anyone have a Titan rubber size list?

Pulled the drop banks and changing out targets now

Thanks for the help
Screenshot_20211012-071021_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211012-071021_Chrome (resized).jpg

#565 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

In the club now! Great game. Loved the Victory lap for the multi-player winner at the end, great theme.
Few questions
I have noticed peach colored and red colored drop target decals. I was curious if that was a early/late thing or just different suppliers?
Which coil sleeves are correct for the black claw coils? Are they generic "1 11/16?" as seen on Marco etc. Or are these NLA and need to be bought with coil assemblies?
Can you run anypin dmd Nvram in this? It mentions it needing to be a certain RAM type (6116?) I haven't looked yet. Did all Checkpoint use the same RAM model?
Anyone have a Titan rubber size list?
Pulled the drop banks and changing out targets now
Thanks for the help
[quoted image]

The drop target decals are originally a vibrant fluorescent orange. But that is a tough color for aftermarket to reproduce, so you will see the pale orange-pink or red.

The "black claw coils" ??? You mean "Black Beast" coils? The coil sleeve part numbers are found in the manual (downloadable from IPDB). You should not need to buy them with the coils.

(don't know your other questions)

#566 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Can you run anypin dmd Nvram in this?

I use Pinitech or Weebly NVRAM with no problems.

3 weeks later
#567 2 years ago

Does the checkered flag single drop target come up during every multi ball?
I have yet to see it come up during again. Tested the coil during diagnostics and it works.

Ben

#568 2 years ago
Quoted from BenMielke:

I have yet to see it come up during again. Tested the coil during diagnostics and it works.
Ben

Supposed to pop up during 3 ball multi, or if you turn a 2 ball into 3.

#569 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I think I might have taken my switch apart and gently cleaned with scotch brite.

Quoted from BenMielke:

Ben

That switch is difficult to adjust. Mine works for awhile during gameplay but then gets out of adjustment and stops working.

#570 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

That switch is difficult to adjust. Mine works for awhile during gameplay but then gets out of adjustment and stops working.

MJW wouldn’t the software tell the coil to activate, and the switch would only indicate if the ball hit the target? I cleaned my switch

#571 2 years ago

Has anyone sourced a replacement spinning wheel motor? Mine seems to just sputter a bit. I sprayed some electrical cleaner in it but the motor doesn’t do a whole lot.

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from BenMielke:

MJW wouldn’t the software tell the coil to activate, and the switch would only indicate if the ball hit the target? I cleaned my switch

Not sure. All I know I’ve been fighting this for years. Works for awhile then comes out of adjustment and flag won’t raise.

Is yours working after cleaning the switch. ?

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Not sure. All I know I’ve been fighting this for years. Works for awhile then comes out of adjustment and flag won’t raise.
Is yours working after cleaning the switch. ?

I even tried an assembly from another game and still had same issue.

#574 2 years ago
Quoted from BenMielke:

In test mode you should be able it see target switch up or down. I’m thinking if the up:down switch is out of adjustment software does not know where it is so won’t ground the coil to raise it.

#575 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

In test mode you should be able it see target switch up or down. I’m thinking if the up:down switch is out of adjustment software does not know where it is so won’t ground the coil to raise it.

MJW that makes sense. I will clean the switch thoroughly and try again

#576 2 years ago

MJW so I took my assembly apart. Cleaned and adjusted the switch. Realized a bolt was loose in the assembly. Someone had also replaced the drop target with a Gottlieb version C-20892.
(545-5244-00 appears to be obsolete)

Now it seems to be working!
I think everything needed to be tightened up.
And the switch contact wasn’t consistent which made the MPU lose track of whether it was up or down like you said. When you turn on the game, the target is up by default. Makes sense now as I wasn’t seeing that happen before.

2 months later
#577 2 years ago

Does anyone have a bulb rundown for a checkpoint? How many #555, 44, 906, 89 and such?

#578 2 years ago

I’m surprised how active this club is.
Maybe I should dig out my Checkpoint and get it going again. Mine has some really F’d up stuff going on.
And someone stole parts out of the drop target bank, and parts for the 3-bank are impossible to get. The little metal tube that the springs go on for tension is missing.

#579 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’m surprised how active this club is.
Maybe I should dig out my Checkpoint and get it going again. Mine has some really F’d up stuff going on.
And someone stole parts out of the drop target bank, and parts for the 3-bank are impossible to get. The little metal tube that the springs go on for tension is missing.

I might be able to help.

1 month later
#580 2 years ago

Looking for opinions on current market value of a HUO single owner Checkpoint in excellent original condition. Has been recently shopped and LEDs added. Love the theme, which has me wanting to join the club but not looking to drastically overpay.

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Looking for opinions on current market value of a HUO single owner Checkpoint in excellent original condition. Love the theme, which has me wanting to join the club but not looking to drastically overpay.

Depending on playfield condition, 2000 to 3000.

In this market who knows.

#582 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Depending on playfield condition, 2000 to 3000.
In this market who knows.

That's what my thoughts were. They are beyond your top, trying to get them back down to reality and closer to it.

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from cookpins:

That's what my thoughts were. They are beyond your top, trying to get them back down to realty and closer to it.

Mines pretty nice, paid 2200 for is a year ago and it was pretty much turn key.

#584 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Mines pretty nice, paid 2200 for is a year ago and it was pretty much turn key.

Posted some pics of the one I'm looking at here -
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-checkpoint-de-first-dmd-game#post-6821462

#585 2 years ago

Playfield is better than average, RD power supply is a flag though. Very unreliable in my experience. Cabinet condition?

#586 2 years ago

You mean the RottenDog board? Interesting. I have no experience with them. Is there another manufacturer that offers one for this game? Cab pics attached, looks very good from what I can see minus some wear on the front left corner.

CheckpointCAB2 (resized).jpgCheckpointCAB2 (resized).jpgcheckpointBG (resized).jpgcheckpointBG (resized).jpgcheckpointCAB1 (resized).jpgcheckpointCAB1 (resized).jpg
#587 2 years ago
Quoted from cookpins:

You mean the RottenDog board? Interesting. I have no experience with them. Is there another manufacturer that offers one for this game? Cab pics attached, looks very good from what I can see minus some wear on the front left corner.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is a good one. And they make other boards for this pin also.

https://xpinpinball.com/product/xp-de5047/

#588 2 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

This is a good one. And they make other boards for this pin also.
https://xpinpinball.com/product/xp-de5047/

Xpin is ok, they are noisy with some DE titles though. Stock is best if recapped, they are pushing 40 years old. The RD ones are quieter than Xpin, Xpin much more reliable.

#589 2 years ago

I think over 3k is unrealistic, depends on you though.

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I think over 3k is unrealistic, depends on you though.

Welcome to the current market! :'( I've got him to a little above that. Now to decide if it's worth it to me.

Surprised to see this game has only been listed 25 times on pinside, and just a bit over 100 listed in collections. Is this game more rare then I assumed?

Edit: Or maybe not more "rare", since 3500 made, but more liked?

#591 2 years ago

I think car pins in general rarely change hands besides High Speed 1+2.

#592 2 years ago

He didn't provide any pics of the 2 problematic PF areas, the pit stop saucer and the center drops.

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

He didn't provide any pics of the 2 problematic PF areas, the pit stop saucer and the center drops.

The drops look ok, I did note the saucer was not shown.

#594 2 years ago

The drops are new. You can see the pitstop if you zoom on the PF shot, looks good I think? It really does look to be an in overall excellent condition.

They've said everything is mechanically functional, including the spinning back wheel. The DMD is original, which feels more of a concern to me then a positive like they are saying it is. My understanding is the weight of these caused issues with how they are mounted, and also that they all eventually fail. I think if a color DMD was added I wouldn't hesitate on their ask.

Still debating.

checkpointPF (2) (resized).pngcheckpointPF (2) (resized).png
#595 2 years ago
Quoted from cookpins:

The drops are new. You can see the pitstop if you zoom on the PF shot, looks good I think? It really does look to be an in overall excellent condition.
They've said everything is mechanically functional, including the spinning back wheel. The DMD is original, which feels more of a concern to me then a positive like they are saying it is. My understanding is the weight of these caused issues with how they are mounted, and also that they all eventually fail. I think if a color DMD was added I wouldn't hesitate on their ask.
Still debating.
[quoted image]

The color DMD makes the game look fantastic. I added one to mine recently and it pops!! Well worth the price of admission.

#596 2 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

The color DMD makes the game look fantastic. I added one to mine recently and it pops!! Well worth the price of admission.

I wouldn’t think it would be worth it as not alot of animations compared to newer dmd pins.

#597 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I wouldn’t think it would be worth it as not alot of animations compared to newer dmd pins.

I thought the same but having one now makes all the difference.

#598 2 years ago

My friend won’t stop trying to buy my checkpoint. I’m trying to find him one of his own if anybody getting rid of theirs this year .

1 month later
#599 1 year ago

A while back I noticed two holes drilled through the underside of the play field underneath plastics, one on each side. It's always look like there should have been a light bulb there. One is underneath the hot nitro on the right with the little Porsche. The other one is just behind the pit stop kickout hole.

Today I finally got around to installing some sockets and bulbs there. The one on the left side with the pit stop got a flush mount socket like all the other ones on that side, and I tied it directly in to the other ones. It's almost like they forgot to install the socket, but every checkpoint I've seen doesn't have a socket or bulb there. I wonder if it was planned for and then later on they decided to cut it.

IMG_20220507_163250929 (resized).jpgIMG_20220507_163250929 (resized).jpg

IMG_20220507_163341203 (resized).jpgIMG_20220507_163341203 (resized).jpg

The one on the right side underneath the nitro and Porsche matchbox has the wire for the nitro light running through the hole. So I used a recessed socket in order to not burn the wires going to the yellow light for the nitro light.

IMG_20220507_163301701 (resized).jpgIMG_20220507_163301701 (resized).jpg

IMG_20220507_163404311 (resized).jpgIMG_20220507_163404311 (resized).jpg

It was hard to get good photos of new lights, but it makes a noticeable difference in brightening up those areas of the playfield and the plastics that are otherwise quite dim.

I should have taken some before photos, but I think you get the idea.

IMG_20220507_164616116 (resized).jpgIMG_20220507_164616116 (resized).jpg

IMG_20220507_164624627 (resized).jpgIMG_20220507_164624627 (resized).jpg

I also added a 944 matchbox that I picked up last fall at a swap meet.

IMG_20220507_175913900 (resized).jpgIMG_20220507_175913900 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#600 1 year ago

Looking to buy a soundboard for my Checkpoint. Any leads on where to find one would be appreciated. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/checkpoint-club-and-mod-ideas/page/12?hl=morgoth00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.