• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by agodfrey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Nevermind..........

#2 7 years ago

Check pinwiki.. that explains how to check voltages (for when you have resets).
I wouldn't change caps if there's no specific need for them (voltages are still ok) and when you're not experienced with soldering..

#3 7 years ago

Nevermind..........

#4 7 years ago

"pretty comfortable with soldering" does *not* equate to "removing snap-mount caps without destroying through-hole plating"; that's a difficult job that should be reserved for "needs to be done" cases, of which there are really very few.

#5 7 years ago

Ok........ not sure how this really devolved. I honestly think it would be MUCH more productive to say....'hey this normally doesn't need to be done on wpc' rather than making assumptions, jumping to conclusions and getting all them feathers ruffled.

Pinside seems to really breed a lot of rage advice...... Easy does it friends...

#6 7 years ago

So if you read my original post I don't necessarily say hey guys I am an idiot and I'm going to replace all the caps on my board. I say:

Quoted from agodfrey:

I know on other systems it is worth replacing the caps. Not seeing a kit on Great plains...any suggestions??

To which maybe possibly just maybe the proper response would be "the reason why you don't see any kids is it's typically not necessary." Rather than commenting on my soldering ability. Besides if I want to screw up my boards with unnecessary work...that's my business...

Off to go be an idiot some more......draining yet another of my own threads..........

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 85.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/checking-voltages-on-wpc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.