10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-13.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipper_fever76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

As the title states. I'm going to go check out a GNR tomorrow, looking for anything game specific that i should look out for. It's for sure missing the rose shooter, is this piece impossible to find? I looked on PBL and Marco's but no luck. Any nuggetts of advice would be appreciated.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks dannunz, that's encouraging. Didn't know if that part was impossible to find or not. Maybe GNR isn't the greatest pin of all time but it's local and seems decently priced, why not give it a whirl. How could you not like the appetite for destruction album?? So awesomely 80's.

#7 10 years ago

Thanks EEE. I'm certainly a fan of the music, wasn't much of a DE guy but i have a TFTC and i gotta admit it has grown on me quite a bit. At least with another DE in the house TFTC won't feel so lonely.

#10 10 years ago

The pin is definately polarizing, seems that most people either love or hate it. I'd be interested to hear a little realtime feedback from people on this table. I went over the reviews here and on ipdb, but most of them are pretty shallowly written.

Wamprat, I got your take already...feel free to move along.

#20 10 years ago

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm excited to go check it out, I've played it quite a few times on location but not recently. Actually taking the family camping all week and the pin happens to be about 10 minutes from the campground so pretty convenient to check out...for once.

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Make sure you get the pops and the sling in the duff captive ball area nice and responsive. De pops seem to take a little more work than b/w to be responsive.

I've noticed this on my TFTC, the pops just seem lethargic compared to my B/W machines, been meaning to get in there and try to adjust them. I think that is really the biggest complaint i have about the TFTC table.

Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes.

#24 10 years ago

Thanks mustang, It's the by-product of online ananimity i think. I always try to conduct myself online the same way i would if i were dealing w/ someone face to face. Some people are just aholes...online/offline or anyway else, i try my best to simply ignore them.

#31 10 years ago

Sorry for the delay in responding, was off the grid camping for the last 6 days. So I did go and check out the pin......i had to pass. The 'immaculate' PF was below average. Axl hole was pretty blown out, way worse than your typical wear. Some of the boards in the backbox had some heat damage to them. There was also about a 3" wear mark down to the wood from the Axl kickout, that really sealed the deal for me. Busted axl plastic, shattered translite glass, nicked up translite laying on a bench next to machine. Ramps were in good shape and underneath the pf looked pretty clean but just didn't warrant the price for me. Shot a low bid out of what I would pay and he passed. No harm no foul, just wasn't in the cards.

#39 10 years ago

I wasn't particularly looking for a GNR but if something comes up local I'm usually game. I have no idea where i would of put it but I prefer to jump first and worry about the details later. The good news is I've got a pile of cash sitting around now, so if anyone local is reading this and looking to off something shoot me a pm with the details. I've got a few tables i'd be willing to trade as well.

#41 10 years ago

It was in waterville valley, right off of tripoli rd. Looks like he pulled down the CL ad, might of sold it. If anyone is interested I think i have his number still and with his permission put you in touch with him.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipper_fever76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/checking-out-a-gnr-tomorrow?tu=flipper_fever76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.