20170307_200740_HDR (resized).jpg
P1090597 (resized).JPG
P1030771_(resized).JPG
P1060757_(resized).JPG
P1050142_(resized).JPG
P1050145_(resized).JPG
P1050143_(resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from xjrspeed:

Hi All. I just received my blinder kit yesterday. Very high quality reproduction and the fitment was perfect. I just need the torsion spring ... which I understand from BigLebowski that it'll be completed in the very near future. Per his recommendation, I used a Hitec servo with brass gears (not resin) for longevity. I would mention that if you use this servo, you must switch the red and black wires at the connector which is very easy to do. The red wire must be on the far left, black wire in the middle and yellow wire far right which connects to blinder controller board. I used a temporary spring to pull the right blinder back towards the apron upon disengagement/deactivation of the blinder mode. This allows me to play Tommy with blinders while I wait for the torsion spring to be reproduced.
In sum, everything works great and the quality/fitment is top notch. The BigLebowski stayed in constant communication with me while he obtained the parts that I ordered.
It's so cool to have my Tommy pinball with working blinders ... which I never had since purchase. It's a defining feature of this game and it's just not the same game without them.
Thanks so much BigLebowski for taking the time to repro these parts that are no longer available. My search for the Tommy Holy Grail is almost complete and will be done when I get the torsion spring. In the meantime, I can still play Tommy with blinders with my temporary spring.
TIP: To immediately activate the blinders for a quick taste of what it's like to play blind ... start the game by holding the "extra ball" button below the start "Touch Me" button. While holding down the "extra ball" button, press the start button and the blinders will activate for an entire game. Fun stuff!

Great news ! One of the best toys in pinball !

Have you installed Chads 5.0 code ?? A lot of tweaks and improvements, and the blinders are used a bit more in the game.

http://www.pinballcode.com/

3 weeks later
#52 7 years ago

BTW, I can also provide the torsion spring now for 5 USD a piece. That was the last missing part to make your TOMMY look like the original again.

#53 7 years ago

I have at least 50 of one side only and may have other parts will look The guy thats making them do you wannt to make me a deal on a bunch of 1 side the yare nos been here for years mike 330 5183141

1 week later
#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Great news ! One of the best toys in pinball !
Have you installed Chads 5.0 code ?? A lot of tweaks and improvements, and the blinders are used a bit more in the game.
http://www.pinballcode.com/

Does any sell the Chads 5.0 code already burned onto a chip? I don't have the means to do it myself. I would definitely like
a setup that makes more use of the blinders during gameplay. As it stands now, you really have to kicking extreme butt to
activate the blinders.

4 months later
#55 6 years ago

Hi guys,
I´m still making and selling these replacement parts if anybody needs one. They get you as close to "original" as possible.
Due to the pretty weak dollar (Thx Donald!!) I would probably need to adjust my prices a little bit to the upside (5-10%).
Cheers
Herbert

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Hi guys,
I´m still making and selling these replacement parts if anybody needs one. They get you as close to "original" as possible.
Due to the pretty weak dollar (Thx Donald!!) I would probably need to adjust my prices a little bit to the upside (5-10%).
Cheers
Herbert

I have a set of these and they work just fine

8 months later
#57 5 years ago

I´m still making this replacement, which is as close to original as it gets. I don´t have them on stock but rather make them on demand.

Current prices would be:

Blinder pair incl. Eyes decals 150 €
Arm incl. adapter for servo 25 €
Torsion Spring 5 €
Baseplate 30 €
Shipping 8 €
Sum: 218 €

Optionally:
Servo Hitec HS-322 20 €
Pinnovators Controller Board 60 €

Just pm me if interested.

1 month later
#58 5 years ago

Arms are back in stock in case someone needs one. Due to a lower price at my printer this time I can offer them for 20€ plus shipping.

IMG_0703 (resized).JPGIMG_0703 (resized).JPG

4 months later
#59 5 years ago

One pair of blinders is also back in stock

1 month later
#60 5 years ago

might be ordering in the next week or so.

2 months later
#61 5 years ago

Today I learned that the times of cheap shipping from Germany to the US are over. I can´t send goods with the regular letter mail anymore, instead I have to use boxed shipping service which is a lot more expensive.
So the cost of shipping has to go up to 16 Euros (no tracking) or 21 Euros (tracked). To make it a round number I´d say 230 Euros (tracked) for the complete blinder package.

Sorry about that.....

1 month later
#62 5 years ago

Here´s a few pictures of a complete blinder set that I´ve shipped recently (setup on the bench because I don´t own a TOMMY anymore...):

Baseplate partsBaseplate parts
Baseplate assembledBaseplate assembled
The arm with the adapter inserted (the little black thingyThe arm with the adapter inserted (the little black thingy
Baseplate with servo and arm assembledBaseplate with servo and arm assembled
The complete setupThe complete setup
ExtendedExtended
FoldedFolded

I have all parts in stock except the 3D printed parts which I make on demand (takes ~10 days).

3 months later
#63 4 years ago

For a recent order I had an extra set of blinders made, so the whole set and all individual parts are on stock right now.

Just visit my new pinside shop "TheDudeMods" to order and it´ll be shipped right away.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/checking-interest-tommy-blinders-repro/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.