New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 147522)

*checking interest* Allied leisure drop targets

By Meatneck

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SealClubber
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I picked up a take five that has a broken drop target, these are all nylon plastics that really aren't holding up very well. All the allied cocktail pins used the same crappy drop targets, and they are apparently unobtanium. If i were to look into getting them either 3-d printed, or CnC'd would anyone be interested in getting 1 or more for themselves?

#2 4 years ago

Could you do flipper mechs?

#3 4 years ago

Yes. I would. CNCd might be stronger. Not sure how well 3d stands up.

#4 4 years ago

I'm sure you would have no trouble getting a list of folks who would be interested.

The last intact drop target assembly that I saw go up for sale didn't last 3 seconds.

Don't forget about posting on RGP as well.

I might be interested in a couple just to have as spares. I'm real nervous about parts that take a beating without the possibility of replacements being available.

Additionally, the plastic links on the ends of the drop target plungers would be another part to look at for replacements. I think just about all of them in my game have at least one crack in each one around the hole for the pin.

#5 4 years ago

I thought I read where John Robertson at Flippers.com may be getting some drop targets reproduced. I have bought many NOS flipper parts for ALI games from John. He is a great source for oddball stuff.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

Could you do flipper mechs?

not sure I can do anything. once I get the game up for sure, my roomate goes to a SDSM&T and I will talk him into getting it into solidworks, then I will look to get a proto CnC'd. then I will be posting to see how many to make based on price/feedback.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from rstrunks:

I thought I read where John Robertson at Flippers.com may be getting some drop targets reproduced. I have bought many NOS flipper parts for ALI games from John. He is a great source for oddball stuff.

It looks like his effort stalled

http://www.flippers.com/catalog/product_info.php/drop-target-paddle-p-29

Reproduction is stalled due to high cost of molds. 3D printing won't work due to shearing forces when struck by ball. If anyone who is interested in these has the ability to make casting molds please get in touch with me! I'm thinking of a mold for bench top hand (pressure) casting, but it likely needs to be three or four part mold due to the complex shape.

#8 4 years ago

I don't know that I will be moving forward with this project. I finally got power to my machine, but it boots to garbage, usually in tilt. I am having trouble getting excited about working on the machine and will prob just move it along to someone else. MMAO.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Meatneck:

I don't know that I will be moving forward with this project. I finally got power to my machine, but it boots to garbage, usually in tilt. I am having trouble getting excited about working on the machine and will prob just move it along to someone else. MMAO.

The slam/tilt switches are a little twitchy until they're re-adjusted. If you have a ball tilt, look at the switch on that one. If your cocktail pin is anything like the standard body pins, it should be normally open, not closed.

#10 4 years ago

There are all sorts of things to check on Allied.

First, make sure that your 5V is clean, no AC ripple. I've seen lots of reset issues there.

Second, the 3 6530 ICs are all custom and can't be swapped between them. Someitmes they aren't marked very well either. So you almost need a known good set to verify they are good and in the correct position.

2 months later
#11 4 years ago

I just picked up one of these today and would love some new drop targets

#13 4 years ago

I would like some also for my Star Shooter.

#14 4 years ago

That is good news. I wonder how hard it is to push the spring rod thru that hole?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 39.95
Electronics
Docent Electronics
$ 53.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 89.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 174.99
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 11.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside