Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG2473.jpg
DSCN2628.JPG
th-2-844.jpeg
image-375.jpg
image-789.jpg

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

i've really wanted a "grand prix" for awhile, so i hauled my carcass up to long island today and got one... the traffic gods smiled upon me, and i made it in 7 hours, including a fine dining experience at nathans... it also came with a friend...

image-789.jpgimage-789.jpg

i didn't really have any interest in the "flip flop", but bert talked me into it, plus the price was rather favorable...

neither are going to win any beauty queen awards, and they have sat for awhile... the FF won't start, and has a few wires that are cut (likely not helping matters any )... the GP fires up and sorta plays... both need a LOT of tlc...

i couldn't resist taking a look around inside the GP, since that is next on the tee after the tragic city has been returned to a magical state... geez... there is a LOT of stuff in there...

#3 9 years ago

Grand Prix is an awesome game. Congrats!

#4 9 years ago

The spinner shots on Grand Prix makes the game, IMHO. It's a very fun Williams EM. Congrats!

I have never had the pleasure of playing Flip Flop.

Once you get them both up and running, hopefully you can share some video of the gameplay!

Marcus

#5 9 years ago

Damn that's a looooong day of driving. Flip Flop has such an unusual playfield layout that I remember it well from my youth. Loved playing it, but it was in an arcade that I didn't go to very often. Fun game. Congrats!

#6 9 years ago

grand prix is on of the best games to compete on, not as much fun with just one player
great flow
well worth the drive

#7 9 years ago

Congrats!! Great pin.

#8 9 years ago

thanks guys... a bit of an impulse buy with allentown right around the corner, but i wasn't letting another GP go by without at least inquiring about it, and the inquiry led to a purchase... now that the GP is in the crib, i can focus my obsession on finding a sing along...

Quoted from Xerico:

The spinner shots on Grand Prix makes the game, IMHO. It's a very fun Williams EM. Congrats!
I have never had the pleasure of playing Flip Flop.
Once you get them both up and running, hopefully you can share some video of the gameplay!
Marcus

yes, i'm really looking forward to playing that GP... i can't ever recall playing FF either, but bert assured me it was fun, and when swmbo saw it, she said "that one with the horseshoes looks really cool", so that is another checkmark in the positive column...

the GP will be the first 4 player machine i've dealt with... i'm hoping that a gameplay video won't take a year to be produced...

#9 9 years ago

Way to go scoring 2 pins Chris!

Grand Prix is a winner for a Williams Multiplayer for sure which I remember playing brand new in an arcade which had 2 side by side at the time which showed how popular the game was back then. It has almost everything you could want in a pinball machine, kickout holes, drop targets, spinners......way cool.

Flip Flop is one from my High School days as we had one in our sandwich shop a couple of blocks from my high school when I was 17. It was a hot or cold player and if you had an off day that bottom part of the Playfield would eat you alive with center and outlane ball drains. I just love the Backglass on Flip Flop and the 4 flipping targets too.

Have fun working and playing both of them!

Ken

#10 9 years ago

Look at him go!

#11 9 years ago

Grand Prix is first game I remember playing
Will get one eventually

#12 9 years ago

Nice! Grand Prix a very cool game. Enjoy.

#13 9 years ago

Very cool, Ceder Point had (and probably still has) a Grand Prix. When I used to go to Cedar Point, Grand Prix was the pinball machine I'd play the most.

#14 9 years ago

Wow, cool! Both games are lots of fun. "Flip Flop" is kind of an unsung game. One of the most colorful and busy backglasses ever. Hope you can get 'em both up and running soon.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i've really wanted a "grand prix" for awhile, so i hauled my carcass up to long island today and got one... the traffic gods smiled upon me, and i made it in 7 hours, including a fine dining experience at nathans... it also came with a friend...

i didn't really have any interest in the "flip flop", but bert talked me into it, plus the price was rather favorable...
neither are going to win any beauty queen awards, and they have sat for awhile... the FF won't start, and has a few wires that are cut (likely not helping matters any )... the GP fires up and sorta plays... both need a LOT of tlc...
i couldn't resist taking a look around inside the GP, since that is next on the tee after the tragic city has been returned to a magical state... geez... there is a LOT of stuff in there...

image-789.jpg 231 KB

GP might be the most complex EM ever made. But it's a great player.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

GP might be the most complex EM ever made. But it's a great player.

i believe that... that cabinet is FULL... i think i will need an entire can of mothers for this one...

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Grand Prix is a winner for a Williams Multiplayer for sure which I remember playing brand new in an arcade which had 2 side by side at the time which showed how popular the game was back then. It has almost everything you could want in a pinball machine, kickout holes, drop targets, spinners......way cool.
Flip Flop is one from my High School days as we had one in our sandwich shop a couple of blocks from my high school when I was 17. It was a hot or cold player and if you had an off day that bottom part of the Playfield would eat you alive with center and outlane ball drains. I just love the Backglass on Flip Flop and the 4 flipping targets too.
Ken

thanks ken... these should keep me occupied for awhile, but i've learned my lesson about trying to work on 2 at the same time, so i at least have a chance of completing GP in a somewhat reasonable amount of time... at least less than the 9 months that others have taken me...

i'm trying to place FF in my memory banks, and i can't... i tended to gravitate towards single players, so i'm not nearly as familiar with 4 player machines... it does look like it will be fun though, plus bert has already shopped one, so i'll have ground troops to call in for support... wish i knew why someone decided to just cut random wires on it, but something tells me i'll find out...

Quoted from o-din:

Look at him go!

was that in reference to the results of this?

image-375.jpgimage-375.jpg

#17 9 years ago

Nice score, Chris.
As a kid I grew up in Brooklyn/Sheepshead Bay. Spent lots of time at Coney Island...Steeplechase, Cyclone, Wonder Wheel, Parachute jump and Nathan's, of course. No franchise of Nathan's can produce the original french fries...

Although my appetite isn't as big, Joey Chestnut was able to eat 69 Nathan's hot dogs to set a competitive eating record.

Talk about "going".....

#18 9 years ago

Ketchup on a hot dog!!!! That is a cardinal sin if you were to do that in Chicago.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

Although my appetite isn't as big, Joey Chestnut was able to eat 69 Nathan's hot dogs to set a competitive eating record.
Talk about "going".....

i think i would die if i tried that...

Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Ketchup on a hot dog!!!! That is a cardinal sin if you were to do that in Chicago.

well, that was a nod to the discussion that went on in the cl thread the other day... but i will admit, i still like ketchup on my dogs...

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

the GP will be the first 4 player machine i've dealt with...

You have fun rebuilding & cleaning those 4 sets of score reels.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

That's what I told him too! (5 for each player!!)

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

but i wasn't letting another GP go by without at least inquiring about it, and the inquiry led to a purchase... now that the GP is in the crib, i can focus my obsession on finding a sing along...

From looking at your current collection, your wishlist, and getting the Grand Prix, I see what you're up to.
Trying to put together an awesome collection of e-m pinball machines eh?

That's great that you're cleaning up and fixing some fun old games, and helping to save some pinball machines for others to enjoy someday. I remember playing those pins back in the day.

p.s. Bad Cats is a great theme with good fun artwork.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Bah, Chris eats this stuff for breakfast.

Congrats, Grand Prix is the only game I actually remember playing as a kid. My dad had one in his motorcycle dealership. One of the most satisfying spinner shots in pinball.

I also had one for a little while and had the same reaction when I first saw that bottom relay board. It's so packed with relays it almost takes up the whole bottom of the cab.

#24 9 years ago

Congrats Chris on your find......

#25 9 years ago

Very cool!

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

at least it is a williams... 20 decagon reels might be enough to turn me into d-fens...

Quoted from stashyboy:

That's what I told him too! (5 for each player!!)

yea right, as you were performing your role of chief enabler, twisting my arm to buy it...

Quoted from AlexF:

Bah, Chris eats this stuff for breakfast. Congrats...

damn straight... a little beethoven & beer, and they will be done in no time...

feel free to remind me of that statement when i'm not even halfway through them and have started to whine...

otoh...

Quoted from AlexF:

I also had one for a little while and had the same reaction when I first saw that bottom relay board. It's so packed with relays it almost takes up the whole bottom of the cab.

all... those.... relays.... any more of them, and they would have had to use a double decker mech board...

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

From looking at your current collection, your wishlist, and getting the Grand Prix, I see what you're up to.
Trying to put together an awesome collection of e-m pinball machines eh?
That's great that you're cleaning up and fixing some fun old games, and helping to save some pinball machines for others to enjoy someday. I remember playing those pins back in the day.
p.s. Bad Cats is a great theme with good fun artwork.

yea... i have the em disease... it doesn't help that there are several carriers of it who would put typhoid mary to shame..

i enjoy fixing them... when i dragged my first one home a bit over a year ago, i NEVER thought i would say that... but the em community here at pinside is very friendly, and has a wealth of knowledge and experience... not only are they willing to patiently help, but they make the process fun... plus it is a damn good feeling when you push the start button and it works...

agree on the bad cats... swmbo asked me to buy one for her, so i did...

#28 9 years ago

rob, one of these days you need some old skool action in your gameroom...

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

I have an extra Fireball just waiting for some action.

#30 9 years ago

yea right, as you were performing your role of chief enabler, twisting my arm to buy it...

What? You *are* going to have it done for Allentown 2014 right?

#31 9 years ago

Great combo ! Congrats.

#32 9 years ago

Those are 2 I would love to have. Congrats on the great additions to your collection.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

was that in reference to the results of this?

Nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog!
th-2-844.jpegth-2-844.jpeg

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

What? You *are* going to have it done for Allentown 2014 right?

i could bring it and let you guys do the dirty work...

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

I know, I've been saying the same thing for at least half a year.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That could easily be taken care of.
DSCN2628.JPGDSCN2628.JPG

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

DSCN2628.JPG 244 KB

< froth >

#38 9 years ago

It is nice, isn't it. Magic Eraser works wonders. I still need to wax it.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is nice, isn't it. Magic Eraser works wonders. I still need to wax it.

yes it is and yes it does...

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

DSCN2628.JPG 244 KB

This is the only EM I want to have in my collection someday.....such a satisfying skill shot for it's time and zipper flippers kick butt!! I recently owned a Williams GP and let it go to another home so that I could own this one down the road. Great game.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I recently owned a Williams GP and let it go to another home so that I could own this one down the road. Great game

I sacrificed my Grand Prix recently to a young pinsider on his 19th birthday because he wanted it so much. But later that day his uncle brought me another Fireball that is even nicer than this one. Too bad I'm a little too far down the road from you.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog!

th-2-844.jpeg 7 KB

Gene & Judes from a couple of weeks ago. No ketchup on the premises....

IMAG2473.jpgIMAG2473.jpg

Current (ca$h only) price is now $2.49 apiece.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Ken

You're not lying about a killer down low.

It has such an unusual layout. Bumpers low and the ball can drain or be saved from each chute.

I'll play one game and suck so bad and 5 min later break 100k.

It was my first EM about 18 months ago.

I picked it up because the price was right, BG was great, and PF was decent.

The colors are some of the nicest I've seen.

PF is kind of dark when playing with the lights low so I need to experiment a little.

While I helped my buddy with the electrical side of his for a couple years this was my first project and I have to tell you that starting with a 4 player was quite a baptism by fire.

Mine could really use another going over and it has a recurring annoying problem of not always wanting to start. My motor seems to run really slow until it warms up.

With Chris nearby I guess I can help with his and get rejuvenated to go through mine again.

#44 9 years ago

Nice score! I love the artwork on the backglass of flip flop.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think looking at the kind of games you like, an El Dorado dialed in would be a great choice.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

Mine could really use another going over and it has a recurring annoying problem of not always wanting to start. My motor seems to run really slow until it warms up.
With Chris nearby I guess I can help with his and get rejuvenated to go through mine again.

i really despise intermittent problems... "not working all the time" is much easier to diagnose...

i guess you haven't found a motor yet for that game, i remember you posting awhile ago that you were hunting for one... maybe we will be able to score one next weekend...

if you are bored and really want to sort out a hacked machine though, far be it from me to deprive you... i'm a generous kind of guy, you can drag the FF home and get her running...

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I sacrificed my Grand Prix recently to a young pinsider on his 19th birthday because he wanted it so much. But later that day his uncle brought me another Fireball that is even nicer than this one. Too bad I'm a little too far down the road from you.

Wow.....2 of them in the same vicinity....nice! It's cool though....Ill find a decent one someday....patience is what I have.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Wow.....2 of them in the same vicinity....nice!

The one pictured is a German model, the one in the house is a standard American version. I'd like to keep them both, but I would also like to get something else. I have had three. The first one was a little rough, but I never got rid of one until I secured another. It is special machine from my childhood.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The one pictured is a German model, the one in the house is a standard American version. I'd like to keep them both, but I would also like to get something else. I have had three. The first one was a little rough, but I never got rid of one until I secured another. It is special machine from my childhood.

Being that they are 2 different models.....what's the major/differences between the 2?

#50 9 years ago

Love me some flip flop. Wouldn't mind owning one eventually.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods
Hardware
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/checked-one-off-the-list-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.