Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PinballHelp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

wh20gi2.jpg
wh2oGI1.jpg

#1 8 years ago

judremy, this might have been the culprit to your blown fuse. I've been chasing an intermittent high resistence reading to ground on the upper playfield GI circuit. I believe I've found the culprit, the fix was easy, but the location of this socket boggles my mind. There should have been a service bulletin for this. Put a piece of tape on the backside of the socket that might come in contact with the left side rail.

wh2oGI1.jpg wh20gi2.jpg

#2 8 years ago

I remember that spot well now that I see it. Had a GI short that I traced there as well on my White Water

#3 8 years ago

That wasn't the problem on mine. On mine it was the tab being bent in too far making contact with the mount (if that makes sense) on a backfield GI or two. I will definitely check on this tomorrow!

In other news, my friend and I just spent the last 10 hours doing a "quickie" shop job on WH2O. You can see some pics at this link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/judremy/Pinball#

My wife repainted Bigfoot too and he looks great. Please let me know what you think!

#4 8 years ago

Just an FYI... I did go and put electrical tape in those areas. Mine weren't touching, but dang was it close.

#5 8 years ago

Nice find, makes me want to look under my machines playfields and look, just incase there is something simular.

Looks awesome and Bigfoot looks GREAT!

#6 8 years ago

Nice tip NoVArcade. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. I don't have enought hair left to be pulling it out tracking something like that down

G

8 months later
#7 8 years ago

Thanks for the heads-up on this!

#8 8 years ago

Great post, will take a peek at mine, Thanks!!

#9 8 years ago

Had that exact problem at the spring pinfest. I switch out some lights before the show and it kept blowing fuses. Luckily I found it minutes before the show started, but I was sweating it out pretty good.

Great POST!

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

Great post, will take a peek at mine, Thanks!!

+1

#11 8 years ago

Yup. My GI blew on my first WH20, sure enough when I saw the sparks fly while lifting the playfield it came from that area.

#12 8 years ago

Will do NoVa.

Muchas gracias.

#13 8 years ago

Thanks for the tip,I just massaged the area with my Dremel tool and then wrapped the light socket with electrical tape.

#14 8 years ago

I make a point of never pulling out the playfield while the game is on. If I need to check things, I'll turn it off while I pull up the playfield and then turn it back on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside