(Topic ID: 236731)

Check your new CPR plastics - paint chipping issue?

By ForceFlow

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221223_204217 (resized).jpg
    20221223_204153 (resized).jpg
    20221223_204208 (resized).jpg
    20221223_204150 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

If you ordered plastics from CPR since they changed to their new printing format (these new plastics seem to have a thick, satin white backing layer), be sure to check them rather than just throwing them on a shelf for later.

I ordered a set of plastics, but they arrived with paint chipping on the edges. This set had a plastic backing material which was mostly falling off on its own, so I didn't really have to peel anything. A replacement set with the original style paper backing was also chipping when peeled off. Attempting to clean & rub off the residue from the laser cutter also seems to lead to some chipping.

I don't know what the scope of this issue is. It could be limited, or it could be as much as all newly printed plastics. CPR does not have a solution as of yet for preventing the paint from chipping, so this is just an FYI to check your plastics for potential issues for now.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
    3 years later
    #8 1 year ago

Contact CPR about them.

I haven't seen anyone else report the issue since 2019. At the time, they said they thought they fixed the issue, and then sent me a replacement set of plastics.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-your-new-cpr-plastics-paint-chipping-issue?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.