(Topic ID: 236731)

Check your new CPR plastics - paint chipping issue?

By ForceFlow

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Hawk007
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg

#1 8 months ago

If you ordered plastics from CPR since they changed to their new printing format (these new plastics seem to have a thick, satin white backing layer), be sure to check them rather than just throwing them on a shelf for later.

I ordered a set of plastics, but they arrived with paint chipping on the edges. This set had a plastic backing material which was mostly falling off on its own, so I didn't really have to peel anything. A replacement set with the original style paper backing was also chipping when peeled off. Attempting to clean & rub off the residue from the laser cutter also seems to lead to some chipping.

I don't know what the scope of this issue is. It could be limited, or it could be as much as all newly printed plastics. CPR does not have a solution as of yet for preventing the paint from chipping, so this is just an FYI to check your plastics for potential issues for now.

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
    #2 8 months ago

I noticed this on the Mata Hari Plastics I got, luckily the 2 pieces of plastic that had it were the key fobs so I didn't really care, bummer its happening on other pieces!

3 months later
    #3 4 months ago

I thought CPR was using ink, not paint. Using paint instead of ink explains it all.

#4 4 months ago

Shoot, i have 2 sets of plastics sitting on a shelf right now, I should check them. At over a hundred bucks a pop, they better be perfect.

#5 4 months ago

Contact CPR. They are top notch and will look after you. One of the best companies around. If there is a problem they will always look after you. Rest assured there is no worries at all.

Stuff happens when doing new stuff.
    Cheers

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 89.99
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 26.50
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 99.00
    Hardware
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 76.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 109.99
    $ 79.99
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 249.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside