(Topic ID: 181281)

Check Your Dehumidifier! (Recall with free replacement or cash)

By Irishbastard

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JeffF
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1203 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2108 (resized).PNG
IMG_2746 (resized).JPG
IMG_2745 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I received the unit Wednesday. It certainly seems cheaper than the recalled unit, but I will follow up once it runs for a while. I will also update on power usage.
Also I am wondering if we all have received the same model. I just went to look up what model mine is and I can't find it anywhere. I'm wondering if this is a unit specifically made for recalls and not for sale on the shelf. The box was fairly generic with little information as well. I will have to check the exact model number when I get home.

I'm definitely curious to see which model you guys are getting before I decide between cash & replacement. Right now I have a Frigidaire FAD704DWD (70 pint) which I'm happy with aside from the whole "might burst into flames" thing. If the replacement is an el-cheapo I'll just take the check and buy a non-flammable FAD704DWD.

As an aside, the new Frigidaire model FFAD7033R1 (Amazon best seller) looks nice, but they moved the intake to the back and the exhaust to the side. The older style like mine has a front intake and top exhaust, which is perfect for my setup, against the wall between two pins. New intake & exhaust arrangement is a no-go. All my local stores stock the new style, so I'd have to order an old one.

#101 6 years ago

Thanks guys! Looks like FFAD7000T10 has a side exhaust, so I'll be taking the cash to buy another FAD704DWD.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-your-dehumidifier-recall-with-free-replacement-or-cash?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.