(Topic ID: 181281)

Check Your Dehumidifier! (Recall with free replacement or cash)

By Irishbastard

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JeffF
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1203 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2108 (resized).PNG
IMG_2746 (resized).JPG
IMG_2745 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jefff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 7 years ago

Thanks for posting this. Just signed up for a replacement unit.

2 months later
#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Does everyone just use a regular old garden hose to drain theirs? I had one at my old house and the hose would always get clogged with white goop after a while. I figured since it was dripping so slowly it was getting nasty inside and then clogging. I went back to dumping buckets. Any tips?

I just use a plain garden hose here. Have used the same one for 4 or 5 years without a problem.

#78 6 years ago

Wanna say I have about 8'-10' to the drain. It was a longer hose but I cut it to length.

1 week later
#89 6 years ago

Yep, just received a tracking number yesterday for our 70-pint replacement(submitted 3/4/17).

1 week later
#103 6 years ago

I agree. Replacement has been working well for me for the past week or so. I'm happy with it.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Very odd they could be so drastically different.

That's what I was thinking. Must be a few different batches or something.

Our replacement has worked fine. Only thing of note is it measures about 5% more humidity than our old unit which is easy to compensate for.

11 months later
#123 5 years ago

My replacement has run great too. Been plumbed into the basement set to 35% humidity for about a year now.

1 year later
#137 4 years ago

So... the dehumidifier I cut the cord off of and go a replacement for I put back in service years ago. Just a couple days ago it died to the point of almost catching fire. I guess the recall was warranted. LOL.

Just a heads up to you other cheap bastards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jefff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-your-dehumidifier-recall-with-free-replacement-or-cash?tu=jefff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.