(Topic ID: 181281)

Check Your Dehumidifier! (Recall with free replacement or cash)

By Irishbastard

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JeffF
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1203 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2108 (resized).PNG
IMG_2746 (resized).JPG
IMG_2745 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 7 years ago

Is this a new recall, or the same one from about 3 years ago? I had one that was on a massive recall years ago and got a refund (which took a long time to get). I'll have to check my replacement to see if that is on this list.

#22 7 years ago

Well thanks again Pinside as my unit was on the list. This is dehumidifier #2 that was recalled.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Well, I had to chop the piece of the cabinet off with the label. You were supposed to send in the label with model & serial number, but no one could get them off intact. They were super adhesive and "brittle", like they were never, ever supposed to be removed. They broke off in tiny pieces. I even tried a heat gun, and no go. Had to send label and cord in, then wait for verification, then wait for check.

This is what I had to do for the first one as well. Also they did not replace my unit they sent a check about 2-3 months later that didnt come close to covering the cost of a new one. This recall is at least a lot easier as it only took me about 10 minutes to read through it all and send the pictures.

1 week later
#37 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks like its going to be a while before the new dehumidifier arrives. Think pins in a basement in a northern climate (here in Michigan) will be ok until say April / May without a dehumidifier running?

Has anyone received the confirmation that their dehumidifier is recalled? I filled out the online forms and sent the pictures 2 weeks ago and immediately received the attached e-mail. I was thinking I would get another e-mail confirming my unit was on the recall so I would have an idea as to when my unit would arrive (8 weeks from confirmation). After reading it again maybe we don't actually receive a confirmation e-mail. Has anyone who has submitted before March 2nd received any more information, or their new dehumidifier?

IMG_2108 (resized).PNGIMG_2108 (resized).PNG

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Has been a month since I got that email, nothing since...

Ok, good to know. Please let us know when you receive additional information or your new unit so we have an idea as of how long this might take.

1 week later
#42 7 years ago

Just an FYI. I called the number for the recall to ask them if my machine had already gone through the confirmation process. The guy pulled my recall right up and stated it was confirmed the day after I submitted the pictures and the new dehumidifier would be shipped out in 4 more weeks.

2 weeks later
#48 7 years ago

I bought a new one from lowes two days ago, to use while I wait for my replacement. As the weather gets warmer I could feel the moisture increasing in my basement. I plugged it in and immediately it said the bucket was full. Tried resetting it and plugged it into different outlets and the same thing happened. I love buying brand new items for hundreds of dollars just to have them broken before I remove them from the box. Mark that as dehumidifier #3 within 5 years.

1 week later
#58 6 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Replacement just received. Claim submitted march 15.

Interesting. What size did you have to replace. I have not heard anything yet and I submitted march 2. Mine is a 70 pint.

#67 6 years ago

I called the customer service number yesterday to check on my replacement as it has been over 8 weeks. They said there has been a delay on manufacturing the 50 and 70 pint units in China. They expect to ship the new units out in the middle of May (no actual date given). Apparently they will notify me once the unit ships though. It is just a waiting game now.

2 weeks later
#88 6 years ago

Received my tracking number yesterday for the 70 pint replacement (submitted 3/2/17). Should arrive Tuesday. I'll update how it works once received.

1 week later
#94 6 years ago

I received the unit Wednesday. It certainly seems cheaper than the recalled unit, but I will follow up once it runs for a while. I will also update on power usage.

Also I am wondering if we all have received the same model. I just went to look up what model mine is and I can't find it anywhere. I'm wondering if this is a unit specifically made for recalls and not for sale on the shelf. The box was fairly generic with little information as well. I will have to check the exact model number when I get home.

#99 6 years ago

Here is a link to the dehumidifier I believe I got, except mine says Frigidaire. The specs are on the sheet as well.

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/hvac/dehumidifiers/commercial/global-dehumidifier-70-pint-energy-star

#102 6 years ago

Just a follow up as my replacement dehumidifier has run for a week or so now. It seems to work well. The basement does not seem damp even though we have had a lot of rain and the ground water is high. It does run for a while after hitting the desired humidity level (as did my old unit), but it did actually shutoff today for a little while. I hope this means it will barely turn on in the winter as my old unit didn't run much if at all in the winter. I don't know about the total power consumption yet, but I had all 3 of my pinball machines on and playing last night with the dehumidifier running and the breaker did not trip (as happened on occasion with the old unit). So far I am happy with the replacement.

Just an FYI. I my old dehumidifier was a FAD704DWD.

#109 6 years ago

Good luck if your cheapo replacement is junk....Called Frigidaire, they mailed me a letter telling me to call Midea. Call Midea, they give me a number to call Midea service.. that number just rings, no one's answers....Put my pending fireball unit back in, had basement humidity level back to normal in less than 20 min and shut off.

Did your replacement unit run all the time? The fan on my old dehumidifer ran all the time in the summer and never in the winter (have no idea about the compressor), but the replacement actually shuts off on occasion now. Very odd they could be so drastically different.

#112 6 years ago

Well on my 8th try someone actually answered the phone, now they want me to cut the cord on the new one send them a picture and they will send another POS...

Bummer. If you're luck, you might get it by the end of summer.

11 months later
#130 5 years ago

Mine shuts off in the winter, but runs all the time in the summer. I believe mine is set at 35 and it has no problem holding it in the high 30s to low 40s during the moist months. I have it hooked to a long hose that runs to my sump pump. I have had no issues with it so far. Actually out of the three I've had over the past three to four years, it seems to be the best.

#132 5 years ago

70pint Frigidaire FFAD7000T1

I believe this is what the replacement dehumidifier was that we all got. There wasn't much information on this unit when we got it.

1 year later
#136 4 years ago

My replacement works really well. Runs almost 24/7 in the summer and never during the winter. No problems at all with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-your-dehumidifier-recall-with-free-replacement-or-cash?tu=Monk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.