(Topic ID: 181281)

Check Your Dehumidifier! (Recall with free replacement or cash)

By Irishbastard

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JeffF
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1203 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2108 (resized).PNG
IMG_2746 (resized).JPG
IMG_2745 (resized).JPG
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 7 years ago

I cashed one in and chose a refund on the other.
Check has come in already, seems they are trying to make it right.

#52 7 years ago

I have my pins in an air conditioned house. Do I need a dehumidifier in my office/game room?

#53 7 years ago

Looks like I need to attach a new plug to mine until new one arrives, humidity edging up down there..

#54 7 years ago

I wish people that have had a good experience with a certain dehumidifier would post what model and make they have.(hopefully someone that has had one for more than a year or two). I had one that lasted a year and stopped working after warranty and wasn't part of the latest recall.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I wish people that have had a good experience with a certain dehumidifier would post what model and make they have.(hopefully someone that has had one for more than a year or two). I had one that lasted a year and stopped working after warranty and wasn't part of the latest recall.

Well ... I've watched this thread, mine isn't recalled, and was just interested in what others will do. I went overboard with mine as a DYI project, but have loved it's "zoned" integration with my HVAC. It's been working flawlessly for about 10 years. See the link to a long post I made about it. It's an Aprilaire whole house dehumidifier with 2 zones - one for the basement, and one for the rest of the house. Now they have ones that integrate with your smartphone. Mine is just old school, but works fine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-room-in-hell-a-multi-year-project#post-3588206

1 week later
#56 6 years ago

Replacement just received. Claim submitted march 15.

#57 6 years ago

So I bought a humidifier and a dehumidifier.
I put 'em in a room to fight it out.

-Steven Wright

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Interesting. What size did you have to replace. I have not heard anything yet and I submitted march 2. Mine is a 70 pint.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Awesome. Did the company handling the recall send you an email about the replacement shipping?

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Interesting. What size did you have to replace. I have not heard anything yet and I submitted march 2. Mine is a 70 pint.

I'm in the same boat, his must have been smaller....I'm curious what brand they sent, is it cheesy or decent?

#61 6 years ago

I didn't realize this was a new recall. I'm on the list this time around.

Can anyone recommend a new dehumidifier with a gravity drain port (I already have a pump). I don't want to wait for a replacement.

Many thanks to the OP for bringing this to my attention.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

My claim was submitted and approved on Feb. 28, 2017. My unit had a 50 pint capacity. About 2 weeks ago I received an email stating that I should receive my unit by the middle of May as there had been a delay in shipping out replacement units.

Gord

#63 6 years ago

Just checked and mine was on the list. Wasn't much info on the replacement - no make or model.

Chose to research and purchase one that got good reviews and put my refund towards it. Also didn't care to wait 8 weeks.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I think I remember getting something on this in Jan but thought it was for a humidifier and threw it out.

#64 6 years ago

Just got my check yesterday. I submitted about 2 weeks ago. Not bad.

#65 6 years ago

Submitted mine for replacement Mar 2nd... Still waiting.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Submitted mine for replacement Mar 2nd... Still waiting.

This is why I went with the check. I didnt want whatever shit model they were going to send me whenever they felt like it. I bought what I wanted an got 50% off coupon basically.

#67 6 years ago

I called the customer service number yesterday to check on my replacement as it has been over 8 weeks. They said there has been a delay on manufacturing the 50 and 70 pint units in China. They expect to ship the new units out in the middle of May (no actual date given). Apparently they will notify me once the unit ships though. It is just a waiting game now.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I called the customer service number yesterday to check on my replacement as it has been over 8 weeks. They said there has been a delay on manufacturing the 50 and 70 pint units in China. They expect to ship the new units out in the middle of May (no actual date given). Apparently they will notify me once the unit ships though. It is just a waiting game now.

Thanks for the update!

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Replaced a 25 with a 30

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Awesome. Did the company handling the recall send you an email about the replacement shipping?

Yes, first response was the tracking number

Quoted from Irishbastard:

I'm in the same boat, his must have been smaller....I'm curious what brand they sent, is it cheesy or decent?

Frigidaire for frigidaire

#70 6 years ago

Just got a UPS Tracking # for my 70pint submitted claim on 2/14...

#71 6 years ago

Just got a UPS Tracking # for my 70pint submitted claim on 2/14...

Good to hear! I'm still waiting on my 50 pint replacement from a claim I submitted on 2/28, hopefully it ships soon.

#72 6 years ago

My replacement arrived today, 70pint Frigidaire FFAD7000T1. Seems a tad cheesier than my previous one (had to install constant drain, also has no handle) but I guess it won't burn the house down, so that's a plus.

#73 6 years ago

Just got my tracking number on a 50 pint replacement.

#74 6 years ago

Does everyone just use a regular old garden hose to drain theirs? I had one at my old house and the hose would always get clogged with white goop after a while. I figured since it was dripping so slowly it was getting nasty inside and then clogging. I went back to dumping buckets. Any tips?

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Does everyone just use a regular old garden hose to drain theirs? I had one at my old house and the hose would always get clogged with white goop after a while. I figured since it was dripping so slowly it was getting nasty inside and then clogging. I went back to dumping buckets. Any tips?

I just use a plain garden hose here. Have used the same one for 4 or 5 years without a problem.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

I just use a plain garden hose here. Have used the same one for 4 or 5 years without a problem.

Are you going a short route right into the drain? I had it running along the ground a bit before making it to the drain. Maybe that was my issue?

#77 6 years ago

Are you going a short route right into the drain? I had it running along the ground a bit before making it to the drain. Maybe that was my issue?

That's what I've done, used a short 3 foot hose to a basement drain.

#78 6 years ago

Wanna say I have about 8'-10' to the drain. It was a longer hose but I cut it to length.

#79 6 years ago

I have a 50 foot garden hose going around the perimeter of my basement to the sump pump pit. It has clogged once in like 10 years. When it did, the water just filled up the dehumidifier bucket, so I knew something was going on when it shut off with bucket full. To clear it, I hooked it up the drain on my hot water heater, it cleared right out and the hot water heater got flushed out too!

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

I have a 50 foot garden hose going around the perimeter of my basement to the sump pump pit. It has clogged once in like 10 years. When it did, the water just filled up the dehumidifier bucket, so I knew something was going on when it shut off with bucket full. To clear it, I hooked it up the drain on my hot water heater, it cleared right out and the hot water heater got flushed out too!

Ya, mine took about 5 years and it did the same thing.

You are a genius my man. Never thought of that.

#81 6 years ago

Just received my tracking # for a 50 pint Frigidaire replacment. Original claim submitted 2/28/17.

#82 6 years ago

I just received my UPS tracking number for a 50 pint Frigidaire replacement. My original claim was submitted on 2/28/2017. The scheduled delivery date is 5/18/2017.

Gord

#83 6 years ago

Yup. Same here. Got the tracking today for a 50 gal.

Brian

#85 6 years ago

This is why I went with the check. I didnt want whatever shit model they were going to send me whenever they felt like it. I bought what I wanted an got 50% off coupon basically.

Bah, just checked and mine is also under recall. I need mine asap as the basement humidity is going up so I'll snag a check too! Didn't know that was an option.

Thinking of getting a newer fridgeair as my current one has ran for like 4 yrs all summer long no problem.

#86 6 years ago

Also just got tracking number for 50 pint today

#87 6 years ago

Anyone else ready to take a fire axe to their replacement? Mine has lost its setting twice, was then off by 10% which is usual for these things and why I have a separate meter. Just get downstairs and it's 60% in the basement, unit is set to 60% (but it actually thinks it 50%) but it's reading 45% Um....POS?

#88 6 years ago

Received my tracking number yesterday for the 70 pint replacement (submitted 3/2/17). Should arrive Tuesday. I'll update how it works once received.

#89 6 years ago

Yep, just received a tracking number yesterday for our 70-pint replacement(submitted 3/4/17).

#90 6 years ago

Anyone else ready to take a fire axe to their replacement? Mine has lost its setting twice, was then off by 10% which is usual for these things and why I have a separate meter. Just get downstairs and it's 60% in the basement, unit is set to 60% (but it actually thinks it 50%) but it's reading 45% Um....POS?

Great, now I have something to look forward to when my replacement comes Tuesday. For the recall 3 years ago, they only offered a partial check (just like now). So I was surprised they offered a replacement unit this time. Hmm, doesn't catch on fire, but doesn't hold it's settings. Hopefully they are not unloading flawed units on us.

#91 6 years ago

So the check they mail you, is it a check I can just deposit or does it have to be applied to a new one?

#92 6 years ago

Got our replacement 70L yesterday.

#93 6 years ago

Well, unplugged this POS last night after getting electric bill that was $50 higher....Runs basically non-stop (stops for 15sec then starts back up)....Called recall number, they hung up on me. Sat on hold with Frigidaire for 45min, claim submitted for replacement, no questions asked (Hmm, are others having the same problem?)...Let's see how this goes..

#94 6 years ago

I received the unit Wednesday. It certainly seems cheaper than the recalled unit, but I will follow up once it runs for a while. I will also update on power usage.

Also I am wondering if we all have received the same model. I just went to look up what model mine is and I can't find it anywhere. I'm wondering if this is a unit specifically made for recalls and not for sale on the shelf. The box was fairly generic with little information as well. I will have to check the exact model number when I get home.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So the check they mail you, is it a check I can just deposit or does it have to be applied to a new one?

Its just a check. I cashed it with my phone.

#96 6 years ago

Are you going a short route right into the drain?

I'm not sure if this is still relevant for you, but I have my dehumidifier with a rubber appliance hose (like the kind you see coming off of a washing machine), and I have it drain right into the condensate pump for the air conditioner in my basement. The hose isn't any longer than a foot, and I haven't had any buildup of minerals yet.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I received the unit Wednesday. It certainly seems cheaper than the recalled unit, but I will follow up once it runs for a while. I will also update on power usage.
Also I am wondering if we all have received the same model. I just went to look up what model mine is and I can't find it anywhere. I'm wondering if this is a unit specifically made for recalls and not for sale on the shelf. The box was fairly generic with little information as well. I will have to check the exact model number when I get home.

I'm definitely curious to see which model you guys are getting before I decide between cash & replacement. Right now I have a Frigidaire FAD704DWD (70 pint) which I'm happy with aside from the whole "might burst into flames" thing. If the replacement is an el-cheapo I'll just take the check and buy a non-flammable FAD704DWD.

As an aside, the new Frigidaire model FFAD7033R1 (Amazon best seller) looks nice, but they moved the intake to the back and the exhaust to the side. The older style like mine has a front intake and top exhaust, which is perfect for my setup, against the wall between two pins. New intake & exhaust arrangement is a no-go. All my local stores stock the new style, so I'd have to order an old one.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

My 70pt replacement Model # is FFAD7000T10

#99 6 years ago

Here is a link to the dehumidifier I believe I got, except mine says Frigidaire. The specs are on the sheet as well.

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/hvac/dehumidifiers/commercial/global-dehumidifier-70-pint-energy-star

#100 6 years ago

My 70pt replacement Model # is FFAD7000T10

Yep, thats the one we got too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-your-dehumidifier-recall-with-free-replacement-or-cash/page/2?hl=spg101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.