(Topic ID: 181281)

Check Your Dehumidifier! (Recall with free replacement or cash)

By Irishbastard

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JeffF
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1203 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2108 (resized).PNG
IMG_2746 (resized).JPG
IMG_2745 (resized).JPG
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

Did not see this in a search and I know a lot of us have Dehumidifiers in our gamerooms....Well, I received a recall letter in the mail the other day, mine was included... Offered $132.32 cash or replacement, I chose replacement as mine was over $200 to replace. I guess they burst into a fireball, so...Check yours!

http://www.recallrtr.com/dehumidifier

1 week later
#2 7 years ago

This should get a sticky robin

I just checked and both my dehumidifiers were part of the recall. Here is the letter I received the other day. IMG_2745 (resized).JPGIMG_2745 (resized).JPGIMG_2746 (resized).JPGIMG_2746 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

Ha DeHumidifiers! Us in Colorado have humidifiers!

#4 7 years ago

Ouch, a fireball doesn't sound like a good hidden product feature. I'm guessing a relatively large number of collectors are using dehumidifiers in their gamerooms, so it doesn't hurt to sticky this frontpage for a few days to make sure everybody sees it.

#5 7 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. Mine fell under the recall, and I requested a replacement. I had not received any other notice.

#6 7 years ago

I knew I was far enough south when I strapped my snow blower to the roof and people started saying "what's that"? Now I have to worry about dehumidifiers?

#7 7 years ago

Dam my dehumidifier isn't included in the recall, but my dehumidifier was made in the 80's, and has a plate on it that says "made in the USA". Oh well it still work great, so I can't complain.

#8 7 years ago

Was thinking the same thing Gexchange

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Did not see this in a search and I know a lot of us have Dehumidifiers in our gamerooms....Well, I received a recall letter in the mail the other day, mine was included... Offered $132.32 cash or replacement, I chose replacement as mine was over $200 to replace. I guess they burst into a fireball, so...Check yours!
http://www.recallrtr.com/dehumidifier

Hi IB,

Thanks for posting this. I do have a Frigidaire dehumidifier that I have in my game room that is eligible to be replaced under this recall. I almost never use my dehumidifier as it is for the most part fairly arid in the Denver metro area, but I didn't realize that my current unit was a potential fire hazard in the event that I do decide to turn it on.

Gord

#10 7 years ago

Almost forgot about this, thanks for the reminder!

#11 7 years ago

Damn not eligible.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Damn not eligible.

What's wrong? You appear to have a good, working unit which is what you paid for......

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

What's wrong? You appear to have a good, working unit which is what you paid for......

It's a few years old. Always nice to get a free new replacement

#14 7 years ago

Mine claimed I didn't need a replacement...

But be warned... if you fat finger the SN, it seems to just say "you don't need a replacement." It's not appearing to validate the format of the SN you enter. So make sure you enter it correctly!

#15 7 years ago

Website isn't working for me. Wonder if it's down?

#16 7 years ago

Just registered and my was recalled. Thank you for the heads up!

Brian

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Website isn't working for me. Wonder if it's down?

It's still working, a buddy of mine just checked his and it was recalled as well (Which worked out even better for him as his had died and he was planning on grabbing a new one before spring)....

#18 7 years ago

Is this a new recall, or the same one from about 3 years ago? I had one that was on a massive recall years ago and got a refund (which took a long time to get). I'll have to check my replacement to see if that is on this list.

#19 7 years ago

This is a new recall - I think from Jan 2017

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Is this a new recall, or the same one from about 3 years ago? I had one that was on a massive recall years ago and got a refund (which took a long time to get). I'll have to check my replacement to see if that is on this list.

Yup, it's a new one. The old one did not cover my last Dehumidifier, which sucked because it died right before the recall.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Yup, a new recall. My dehumidifier was in the last recall, and they only offered a partial check. It was a real pain to chop the plastic with the s/n off the old unit and send in to qualify for the check. I researched as much as I could before I bought a new one, but apparently these are all made by the same manufacturers in China, no matter what brand is on the label. My new one was made 10/2013, so 3 years and off to the landfill. Sad. I would gladly pay more for one like the old Sears dehumidifiers that lasted 20+ years. At least you just need to submit pictures this time of the cord cut off and they will send you a replacement unit (8 weeks to get).

#22 7 years ago

Well thanks again Pinside as my unit was on the list. This is dehumidifier #2 that was recalled.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

It was a real pain to chop the plastic with the s/n off the old unit and send in to qualify for the check. At least you just need to submit pictures this time of the cord cut off and they will send you a replacement unit (8 weeks to get).

Holy moly, for the previous recall you had to chop the S/N off the unit and mail it to them as proof of purchase? What a PITA that would have been. You are correct in that now you only have to take a couple of digital photos with one showing that you have cut the power cord and the other showing the S/N and model number of the dehumidifier.

Gord

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Holy moly, for the previous recall you had to chop the S/N off the unit and mail it to them as proof of purchase? What a PITA that would have been. You are correct in that now you only have to take a couple of digital photos with one showing that you have cut the power cord and the other showing the S/N and model number of the dehumidifier.
Gord

Well, I had to chop the piece of the cabinet off with the label. You were supposed to send in the label with model & serial number, but no one could get them off intact. They were super adhesive and "brittle", like they were never, ever supposed to be removed. They broke off in tiny pieces. I even tried a heat gun, and no go. Had to send label and cord in, then wait for verification, then wait for check.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

Well, I had to chop the piece of the cabinet off with the label. You were supposed to send in the label with model & serial number, but no one could get them off intact. They were super adhesive and "brittle", like they were never, ever supposed to be removed. They broke off in tiny pieces. I even tried a heat gun, and no go. Had to send label and cord in, then wait for verification, then wait for check.

This is what I had to do for the first one as well. Also they did not replace my unit they sent a check about 2-3 months later that didnt come close to covering the cost of a new one. This recall is at least a lot easier as it only took me about 10 minutes to read through it all and send the pictures.

#26 7 years ago

Thanks OP! My 70quart was on the list. Ive probably torn it apart 5x in the years I've owned it to blow out the damn thing. The filter system or lack of one is a pain in the ass.

#27 7 years ago

Thanks for posting this. Just signed up for a replacement unit.

#28 7 years ago

Wow.. one of mine on the list also. Tough having to cut the cord and all. Glad I have a spare newer one not on the list.

#29 7 years ago

For the people who didnt see the last one (I hadnt), here is one from 2013. Mine is covered by that one :/

http://www.greedehumidifierrecall.com/ProductEntry.aspx

#30 7 years ago

Well a fireball would definitely get rid of moisture...

I can't remember which one I have at home, but thanks for brining this to our attention!

#31 7 years ago

I got burned through this recall process. I had a Danby/Premiere, and because the list of affected models is so wide, I wasn't 100% sure mine was affected.

I called the 800 number, we worked through it. I recall I needed to send pictures of it. After that it was determined I was affected and I was sent a recall package in the mail.

Part of that included removing the serial number sticker, and cutting off the end of the power cord and sending them in.

I did that and later get a surprise: sorry, your model isn't covered after all. WTF?!

I re-terminated the end of the power and went back to using it. But I'm still peeved that they wasted my time and butchered my humidifier. So, they not only had a big quality control issue but they also don't seem to be able to keep track of all these brands and models they were pumping out.

#32 7 years ago

At least with this new recall it only requires pictures and cutting the cord, which I made sure would still reach the outlet if I needed to drop a new plug on the wire

#33 7 years ago

I bought two 70q ...one failed and I trashed it...bought another...then second 70q failed. Thankfully I kept the second one and just cashed it in. When they worked for a year they were great just short life span.

#34 7 years ago

How much you wanna bet some idiot out there cuts the cord while its still plugged in and gets electrocuted?

I have one at home that's about a year old. Have to check it when I get back home.

#35 7 years ago

Looks like its going to be a while before the new dehumidifier arrives. Think pins in a basement in a northern climate (here in Michigan) will be ok until say April / May without a dehumidifier running?

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks like its going to be a while before the new dehumidifier arrives. Think pins in a basement in a northern climate (here in Michigan) will be ok until say April / May without a dehumidifier running?

As long as the furnace continues to run you should be ok. If May is rainy ... it could get damp, depending on your area soil water retention.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Has anyone received the confirmation that their dehumidifier is recalled? I filled out the online forms and sent the pictures 2 weeks ago and immediately received the attached e-mail. I was thinking I would get another e-mail confirming my unit was on the recall so I would have an idea as to when my unit would arrive (8 weeks from confirmation). After reading it again maybe we don't actually receive a confirmation e-mail. Has anyone who has submitted before March 2nd received any more information, or their new dehumidifier?

IMG_2108 (resized).PNGIMG_2108 (resized).PNG

#38 7 years ago

That is all I received.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Has anyone received the confirmation that their dehumidifier is recalled? I filled out the online forms and sent the pictures 2 weeks ago and immediately received the attached e-mail. I was thinking I would get another e-mail confirming my unit was on the recall so I would have an idea as to when my unit would arrive (8 weeks from confirmation). After reading it again maybe we don't actually receive a confirmation e-mail. Has anyone who has submitted before March 2nd received any more information, or their new dehumidifier?

Has been a month since I got that email, nothing since...

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Has been a month since I got that email, nothing since...

Ok, good to know. Please let us know when you receive additional information or your new unit so we have an idea as of how long this might take.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Ok, good to know. Please let us know when you receive additional information or your new unit so we have an idea as of how long this might take.

No problem, will do!

1 week later
#42 7 years ago

Just an FYI. I called the number for the recall to ask them if my machine had already gone through the confirmation process. The guy pulled my recall right up and stated it was confirmed the day after I submitted the pictures and the new dehumidifier would be shipped out in 4 more weeks.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Just an FYI. I called the number for the recall to ask them if my machine had already gone through the confirmation process. The guy pulled my recall right up and stated it was confirmed the day after I submitted the pictures and the new dehumidifier would be shipped out in 4 more weeks.

Cool, thanks for letting us know!

2 weeks later
#44 7 years ago

Received an update, there's been a delay and now expected ship date is mid May...

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#45 7 years ago

making dehumidifiers is hard

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Received an update, there's been a delay and now expected ship date is mid May...

Got the same email yesterday....Glad I cut the cord so I can install a new plug and still use if needed..

#47 7 years ago

Got some words of caution for yall.

Guy at work was woken up at 2am to fire alarms last week. Ran down to the basement, dehumidifier was aflame. He grabbed it up, and ran it outside into his driveway. By the time he had the hose on it, the fire department pulled up. Hes got cams all over so I got to see the footage.

Scary shit. Make sure to check yours ASAP. Its been over a week and they still smell melted plastic in his house.

I checked mine, sure enough, recalled.

I went ahead and replaced mine and submitted for the check. No way Im waiting 8 weeks for them to send me whatever crap they have left over.

#48 7 years ago

I bought a new one from lowes two days ago, to use while I wait for my replacement. As the weather gets warmer I could feel the moisture increasing in my basement. I plugged it in and immediately it said the bucket was full. Tried resetting it and plugged it into different outlets and the same thing happened. I love buying brand new items for hundreds of dollars just to have them broken before I remove them from the box. Mark that as dehumidifier #3 within 5 years.

#49 7 years ago

Recieved info that one of my two replacement dehumidifiers had shipped, it's a 30 pint to replace a 25 pint unit. Still waiting on word of my 50 pint shipping.

#50 7 years ago

I remember the dehumidifer thread that was stickied here a few years ago. I just happened to have one of the models referenced. Punched in my serial number, and mine wasn't recalled. Whew!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 12.00
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-your-dehumidifier-recall-with-free-replacement-or-cash/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.