Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Gunnder
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20180415-141631.png
IMG_20170822_171035 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Have a TOM that is a little problematic right now.

Getting the error "Check Switch F3 Left Flipper E.O.S" when I turn the game on.

I've replaced both flipper assemblies (as the existing ones looked a bit beat up) and the error remains.

Any ideas?

IMG_20170822_171035 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

Found a similar thread, and followed some of the instructions there. I replaced the fuses on the board, and also unplugged and replugged everything. Still getting the error

#3 1 year ago

So the EOS checks fine in switch test? Remember changing everything doesn;t make a switch work, and it can screw it up. Go in test and make sure the EOS is registering....

You have a lot of possibilities here.
Switch work?
Follow those wires back are they shorted on the way back to...guessing it's a fliptronic board in the head?
Those fuses are fine?

After all tat comes the next step. I don;t know it because I have a machine that has had that error for a couple years and I just ignore it

#4 1 year ago

Are the EOS switches new? Are they properly gapped? Did this problem happen as soon as you rebuilt the flippers?

So many questions!

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

Are the EOS switches new? Are they properly gapped? Did this problem happen as soon as you rebuilt the flippers?
So many questions!

Brand New assemblies. Problem came up before and after installing them.

#6 1 year ago

It appears that ToM has a Fliptronics board for the flippers. According to Clay's guide, it looks like games that have a Fliptronics board should have the EOS switches gapped normally open (meaning they should close when the flipper is activated). Check the left flippers EOS switch. Is it gapped properly?

#7 1 year ago

Could the 3/8A fuses on the Dot Matrix board have anything to do with this? Noticed a lot of corrosion on them and not getting a strong reading on my DMM.

#8 1 year ago

I doubt there's any correlation there, but i could wrong. Researching the problem a bit more, it looks like it would be worth taking a close look at the wiring to the EOS switches (both). Apparently it's not uncommon for a wire to break off one of the switches solder lugs. Gently pull on each wire going to them to be sure the wiring is firmly attached. I would also clean the switches by swiping a business card or folded up piece of paper between the contacts a couple times to be sure they're making good contact.

7 months later
#9 1 year ago

My turn to try and fix this...
This morning (and last night) decided to try and solve this EOS issue. Finally I am close I think. Seems like the black/blue wire from the left flipper EOS is going into Pin 2 of the J906 (Fliptronics) which is a dead pin. Someone in the past may have installed this incorrectly and it's been going along for the ride ever since.

So question is which pin on J906 is this black/blue wire from the left flipper EOS suppose to go to?

Currently the orange wire that is common to both the left and right EOS goes into pin 6 on J906 and the black/green wire from the right EOS goes into pin 1 on J906. All I'm left is for someone to check where the black/blue wire from the left EOS goes into which pin on J906.

The weird thing is that all pins except pin 2 have traces going somewhere yet the plug only has 3 wires. If someone could take a nice close up of J906 with the wires that would be of great help!

In the mean time going to try and look at the manual to figure it out...

#10 1 year ago

According to the manual, looks like that black/blue wire should be going to pin 3.

Screenshot_20180415-141631.png

#11 1 year ago

Yup figured it out by looking at the pdf manual on ipdb. Some expert along the way changed it to pin 2. I changed it back to pin 3 and no more EOS error! Sweet!

Quoted from frunch:

According to the manual, looks like that black/blue wire should be going to pin 3.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountain View, CA
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 50.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 47.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside