Check out this mod I came up with for Ironman. Now Available to Purchase

By HemiOrange09

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I just want to show this mod that I came up with for Ironman while converting the IMVE into Pinball Refinery versions.... If there's enough interest, I can offer them and add them to my website.

Let me know what you think....

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#2 9 years ago

What's the mod?

I don't have an IM so it's not obvious to me

#3 9 years ago

Same here ! I don't see it !

#4 9 years ago

I'm guessing it's the back lights flashing. Looked pretty damn cool. I'm really surprised the PBR hasn't done any ramp lighting mods yet.

#5 9 years ago

The mod is lighting up the back board area where Ironman and the missiles are... Normally this area does nothing during game play.

Thanks for asking,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#6 9 years ago

Looks great! Are they hooked to a playfield flasher?

#7 9 years ago

Same thing that you make for Metallica?

Wouldn't this work for any pin? Not just for IM?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Looks great! Are they hooked to a playfield flasher?

Yes, they're in the jet poppers.... They're not a bright as the video shows, a lot better in person.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Same thing that you make for Metallica?
Wouldn't this work for any pin? Not just for IM?

No, this is not the same mod that I make for Metallica.... Yes, it would work in any pin, but it might not give the same effects as IM does and be wired differently, because the machine is controlling them.

#10 9 years ago

I'd be interested.

#11 9 years ago

Yeah, I'd be interested. Video looks good and the lighting is very complimentary to everything else going on, so I'm wanting to know more!

#12 9 years ago

I'll install this mod in my personal IM and show some more video of it in action tomorrow.

Thanks everyone that is going to be interested in it. I am thinking of selling it for somewhere in the $40 range plus shipping and of coarse it will come with pictures directions for installation.

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

No, this is not the same mod that I make for Metallica.... Yes, it would work in any pin, but it might not give the same effects as IM does and be wired differently, because the machine is controlling them.

Got ya.

It looks great!

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm guessing it's the back lights flashing. Looked pretty damn cool. I'm really surprised the PBR hasn't done any ramp lighting mods yet.

Steve Young doesn't do many ramp lighting mods.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Steve Young doesn't do many ramp lighting mods.

I see what you did there....

#16 9 years ago

Here is another video the of this mod during game play when it is flashing and fading in and out. I will be adding it to the website soon.

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#17 9 years ago

I see it now for sure. Looks really nice great idea.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

I see it now for sure. Looks really nice great idea.

Thanks for following up on my post.... It is cool mod for Ironman and makes that area look like a battle zone...

I added this mod to my website, so anyone that would like one can order it, here is the link...

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/~/product/category=4783417&id=39749196

Thanks everyone,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#19 9 years ago

I'll buy 1 Hemi ,,, but there's a catch -- ,, PM sent !!

#20 9 years ago

Ok I just bought one. So it will work for my current bulbs back there or is the kit coming with LEDs to put back there? Also, I wanted the connections to have alligator clips and chose that option. Not sure how many alligator clips I needed to have you put on the connectors though. Looking forward to seeing this in my game. Thanks man!

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Ok I just bought one.

Grinder ,, U Should get the Monger 6 Purple Led block as welll bro .. It's Worth it !!

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Grinder ,, U Should get the Monger 6 Purple Led block as welll bro .. It's Worth it !!
» YouTube video

Thanks bud. I bought one already. Purple. It is badass!!!

#23 9 years ago

Ok this mod is an led strip. Should be an easy installation. Thanks Steve.

#24 9 years ago

Orders were shipped out yesterday and I emailed everyone the directions...

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

3 weeks later
#25 9 years ago

Hemi , I've had the mod installed for a couple of weeks now and I haven't up-loaded a video yet ..

But it lOOk's Great !! Video coming Soon ...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-out-this-mod-i-came-up-with-for-ironman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.