(Topic ID: 280717)

Check out this awesome Slow-Motion video!

By mrossman5

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Saw this and thought it was really neat.

#2 3 years ago

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

John

#3 3 years ago

Awesome. Totally awesome!

#4 3 years ago

That was great! Thanks for posting it up.

#6 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing! Never seen before the rubbers "detaching" from the flippers like this!

#7 3 years ago

I was stunned when I saw the quality of slo-mo bits. Great game to do it on as well!

#8 3 years ago

So weird to see those slow motion ramp shots. They trick you into thinking, what a weak shot....no way it's going to make it up the ramp.

#9 3 years ago

Hmmm kind of want a wonka now

#10 3 years ago

Ball coming off playfield alot, from flipper, slings and target. I would have like to seen a multiball in slow motion with balls hitting each other.

#11 3 years ago

Oh wow. Wonder if JJP has paid them to do that.
This is absolutely great for pinball. Slowmoguys have an insane reach with 13 million subscribers.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Slowmoguys have an insane reach with 13 million subscribers

Agreed! It’s crazy to think one video like this could introduce so many people to pinball.

#13 3 years ago

This video was an awesome watch! Crazy how much everything moves that you can’t pick up with the naked eye. Like when the ball was coming down the wire form. It makes it easier to understand how nuts and washer end up in the bottom of the cabinets. Lol

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWiz17:

This video was an awesome watch! Crazy how much everything moves that you can’t pick up with the naked eye. Like when the ball was coming down the wire form. It makes it easier to understand how nuts and washer end up in the bottom of the cabinets. Lol

Yes, this especially. This video provides some good insight as to how regularly serviced parts wear and break. Fipper bushings, why do they snap in half? Because the flipper bat kind of torques sideways every time it flips. Why do ramps crack? Because when a ball hits them at an angle, the entire ramp vibrates. Why do flipper rubbers wear at the tip? Because the rubber is stretched and actually leaves the bat with every flip. Why do new games have playfield dimples? Because air balls happen a lot more often than the human eye can see. Stuff like that provides very valuable data for operators and engineers. Now I'm thinking the diverter on the left ramp return is too strong. When it comes down, it moves the entire ramp, which can cause stress failures in the future.

So much to unpack here! Thanks a lot for sharing.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Oh wow. Wonder if JJP has paid them to do that.
This is absolutely great for pinball. Slowmoguys have an insane reach with 13 million subscribers.

Likely not. Product placement and free marketing is why you lend out product for special projects like this.

#16 3 years ago

Very cool video, thanks for sharing.

#17 3 years ago

Well done. No doubt one of the most detailed video explanations of the mechanical marvel of pinball I have seen. Thanks for sharing.

#18 3 years ago

I'm not a game designer, and after watching this killer video, I'm wondering whether pin manufacturers could:

1. consider (utilizing slow-mo for QC) and
2. try tilting their middle standup targets down a few degrees after seeing those *bodacious* air balls.

-mof

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'm not a game designer, and after watching this killer video, I'm wondering whether pin manufacturers need to:
1. consider (utilizing slow-mo for QC) and
2. try tilting their middle standup targets down a few degrees after seeing those *bodacious* air balls.
-mof

I was thinking the same watching this. In fact if you watch at the 6:56 mark of the video, That is a great example of how pooling is generated at the posts. You can literally see the post bend from that ball strike. Cool stuff.

#20 3 years ago

Was that post at 6:56 missing a rubber?

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Was that post at 6:56 missing a rubber?

That post looks to be behind the upper flipper. I don’t think they get rubber.

#22 3 years ago

Those airballs are crazy! Great video.

#23 3 years ago

More or less same topic... if like me, you had, at least once, a pinball glass explode in your hands, you'll like this one from the same slomo guys about tempered glass breaking:

#24 3 years ago

Well that was cool! Thanks for sharing.

#25 3 years ago

what a great video. It explains dimpling. Things move much more than i ever thought.

#26 3 years ago

I know right? Really debunks the dimpling argument.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-out-this-awesome-slow-motion-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.