(Topic ID: 195959)

Check out my custom Replacment Plastics!

By Mike_B

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinballAir
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-19 (resized).jpg
20170826_222327 (resized).jpg
IMG_6657 (resized).JPG
IMG_6654 (resized).JPG
IMG_6634 (resized).JPG
IMG_6633 (resized).JPG
IMG_6631 (resized).JPG
IMG_6766 (resized).JPG
IMG_6765 (resized).JPG
IMG_6761 (resized).JPG
IMG_6759 (resized).JPG
IMG_6758 (resized).JPG
IMG_6757 (resized).JPG
IMG_6756 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 8.36.13 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpierre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 6 years ago

What a coincidence - I just reproduced a set of Moulin Rouge plastics, too! I scanned the originals (which were rough but not as toasty as your originals) and cleaned them up in Photoshop. I don't have access to a laser cutter or a direct to plastic printer. I cut and polished the plastic by hand. The images are printed on glossy photo paper with archival pigment inks (no fading in the lifetime of anyone alive today). The images are mounted to the underside of the plastics using optically clear film. A ton of work (especially preserving as much of the tiny details in Photoshop as I could), but rewarding as an overall experience.

20170826_222327 (resized).jpg20170826_222327 (resized).jpg

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_B:

Beautiful machine and fantastic job on your plastic remake!! I'm going to PM you a few questions about operation if you don't mind!

Thanks for the kind words. Your plastics turned out really nice, too. My playfield actually started out in way worse condition than yours did in terms of dirt, worn paint and bare wood. Oh, and it didn't work either. Not at all. Dead as a doornail. I picked it up as part of a group of super cheap projects and figured it would be a good candidate to teach myself the basics of EM repair and restoration. I've been plugging away at it whenever I have free time for over six months to get to this point. I've learned a ton in the process with lots and lots of help from the great folks that abound here on pinside. Hopefully the next project goes smoother than this one with a less steep learning curve.

Got your pm. I'll get back to you in a few via pm with some answers.

1 month later
#54 6 years ago
Quoted from singlezero:

did anyone come up with a price for these? I need or could use either a set or right center plastic .
Also pinhead pierre , I noticed you made a plastic for center . not sure what you had before? there was a metal chevron on early production games. did you happen to notice the artwork that was placed on those?
looks great both sets!

My machine had nothing in the center when I got it. I saw the metal chevron cover in the ipdb pictures and decided to make a clear one. Imho it plays better with the chevron (less airball skips over the saucers).

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from singlezero:

Did you see the graphics on it and debate doing it? not sure if youd be willing but id be interested in a right center plastic. im kinda pumped about this game

I saw the graphics but decided I liked clear better. Mike_B might be able to make you a plastic more easily than I as I think he has access laser cutting and plastic printing equipment. PM me if I'm wrong and you really want me to make one. I totally get your enthusiasm. Moulin Rouge is a fun game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpierre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-out-my-custom-replacment-plastics?tu=pinheadpierre and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.