Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by gester2k
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Any criticism is ok as long as your nice about it
    How does the ad look and if you were wanting this pin would you reply to my add? It took about 3 hours do doll her up and take good pics and video, and I even had to set up a flickr account.
    I know you may think the price is high but compared to others on CL its a steal lol.
    If any of you are interested in a trade on it please let me know, I was gonna take the sale money from it and buy something else anyway.
    here it is
    louisville.craigslist.org link

#2 12 years ago

i think it looks good. you have put some time and thought into the ad and it shows. you should have no problem finding a buyer.

#3 12 years ago

Really nice. You provided extra links, gave plenty of information about the pin. Wish all CL ads were this good.

Good luck with your sale, hope you get your Tales From the Crypt.

#4 12 years ago

Certainly well done and it's amazing to see how many DMD Games Gottlieb made that are kinda forgotten now.

I think you will have no problem selling this nice looking Pin.

#5 12 years ago

I hope it sells also, I'd love to trade it for something equal, it really is in good shape. I wonder if any pinsiders close to KY want to trade anything............ I just watched a vid of Hook and it seems pretty sweet. I'd drive within 200 miles or so.

#6 12 years ago

make sure you copy what you wrote and save it somewhere so when the CL flaggers get it deleted you can easily repost it.

Good Luck.

#7 12 years ago

yeah good idea, effers

#8 12 years ago

Dude...You hit on all cylinders with me on that one. By the end I was about to hit the reply button. I have one suggestion. Think about what you want to sell it for, I mean really decide, then put FIRM in the ad. Really clears up things.

#9 12 years ago

Looks good.

Nice shape as well.

Best of luck with your sales and your search for TFTC.

#10 12 years ago

Looks good to me! Good luck

#11 12 years ago

I thought the ad was less than stellar. "Most sell older pins in worse shape for 1500-2000 just look around if your reading this then you already know." Not only do I think what you are trying to say doesn't make much sense, but its bad grammar.

I would not consider a pin from 1993 a newer pin as stated.

"The playfield has almost no wear what so ever the backglass is perfect it is a translight so no flaking or peeling like older style back glass." Again, there should be at least a period and a comma in there. Also, how can it almost have no wear "what so ever?" Either it has no wear what so ever, or almost no wear.

You spelled "shiny" wrong.

I'm not a big fan when people say stuff like this: "It's hard to find ANY dmd for under 1500 on CL or check eBay, (forget about it)."

Sorry man, good luck with your sale though.

#12 12 years ago

LoL thanks

#13 12 years ago

Really, add "firm". Stops a whole lot of bs phone calls and keeps the long winded negotiations to a minimum.

#14 12 years ago

I tried really long descriptive ads when I listed my first few games. Now I just do the quick and dirty 15 second read. I think people's attention span on the Internet and in most things today is trained for a 30 second marketing blip before tuning out.

#15 12 years ago

Ok I changed the obvious and the firm part.
    @mystic I hear you, I will shorten it in a couple of days if it's a bust.
    I have had one offer so far.

#16 12 years ago

$1200 is "about" right (gottliebs tend to sell for less than other manufacturers, unless it's a highly rated title). You can find T2's and LW3's for $1200 all day long. I think adding as many clear photos as you can. I actually don't use CL's format, I embed my own HTML code which they do allow. Video is helpful too, builds trust that it actually functions normal (or perhaps you think it does, sometimes it's hard to know if something's not working if it was broke when you bought it, like missing music).

Most importantly, you didn't say something stupid like "these sell on ebay for $4k!"

#17 12 years ago

I would trade this for a t2 or lw3 lol, I think it's gone already tho

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from Celiac502:

I know you may think the price is high but compared to others on CL its a steal lol.

Then you're just GREEDY! Waaaahhh!

Hate the game, but I like the ad.

#19 12 years ago

I would drop the "tons" of paperwork line and if you have all the original paperwork, just say that.
    No pin has "tons" of original paperwork. Normally it's a owners manual, schematics, flyer.

#20 12 years ago

Was going to look, but it looks as if you've been flagged....

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from johnkinkokomo:

Was going to look, but it looks as if you've been flagged....

+1

#22 12 years ago

Yep, flagged! I'm in Louisville too but now have no idea what the ad was.

#23 12 years ago

Let me help a fellow Kentuckian.
    The ad is great. If i was interested in this machine, I'd give you a call.

louisville.craigslist.org link

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-out-my-cl-ad-and-tell-me-what-you-guys-think and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.