(Topic ID: 199212)

Check it out...No Dimples...How 'Bout You?

By dannylite

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Slim64
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171001_142512 (resized).png
IMG_3491 (resized).PNG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I thought that with #dimples being the hot flavor of the month again I'd post some pics of my TBL playfield along with the game audits. I know things have been tumultuous with Dutch Pinball but I am loving the quality of this playfield. Never been waxed (flame suit on) Just buffed with a fine chamois.
Post some pictures of your playfields from any era that are still dimple-free to prove that it is possible.
**ALL PICTURES TAKEN WITH THE GLASS OFF**

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

Yeah my TBL doesn't have much in the way dimples either. So, either it's good geometry / less airballs or the wood hardness / clear combination is really good. No ghosting either. So, it's is still possible to not have moon crater playfields in this day and age.

#3 1 year ago

What yaa got to say to that Stern-fan boyz...???!!!...............Joey

#4 1 year ago

Your waisting your breath. Here are the reasons. That game is slow, balls don't fall off those ramps, that game doesn't get any airballs, it's already been hammered flat, etc, etc.

Oh wait I see a little smudge right there directly under a drop. Let me zoom way in. Stern army ROLL...

IMG_3491 (resized).PNG

#5 1 year ago

Looks to me like that "e" insert has popped the clear, but hard to tell from just the photo. If that's accurate, that's worse than dimpling IMO.

#6 1 year ago

Like CFTBL the center is protected by the plastic window and if it's like CFTBL and there are really zero airballs and it plays a little slow then yeah... you won't get many/any dimples.

My Creature doesn't have any dimples either but that is because the balls never leave the PF...just roll around nicely. NOT because it has some kind of super wood or something.

That said my original MM developed a shallow elegant "orange peel" over the years. Not like the deeper, almost cratering effect we see on some of the newer machines. Because it's an organic product the density of wood can vary greatly.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Looks to me like that "e" insert has popped the clear, but hard to tell from just the photo. If that's accurate, that's worse than dimpling IMO.

Yeah what's the jagged top on that insert?

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

What yaa got to say to that Stern-fan boyz...???!!!...............Joey

I have to sey anyone who shines a lite and gets down close to there playfield looking for dimples is a tool.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah what's the jagged top on that insert?

Can an insert crack the clear like that or is it a reflection from above?

20171001_142512 (resized).png

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

I have to sey anyone who shines a lite and gets down close to there playfield looking for dimples is a tool.

You don't have to get very close to a newer Stern to see the dimples, don't need a light either.

#11 1 year ago

I am more shocked that you actually got the game than the fact that it doesn't have any dimples.

#12 1 year ago

I spy a broken rubber though lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Seattle, WA
$ 21.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside