Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 401 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Vecna
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F2121438-F379-4EB8-9ED8-C74B83B5D7E3 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    346cd0fcd80e66837dd85ae878c329d798a48b98 (resized).jpeg
    A72A05A3-08FC-45EB-A844-5BC597C69D90 (resized).jpeg
    50E5938F-74DB-4B60-8D16-8279CC4A2204.gif
    e01 (resized).jpg
    fat (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230207-133902 (resized).png
    sil.gif
    the-simpsons-stop.gif
    EBCBB67E-9DE0-4844-806F-217468E3CD10_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    wally88 (resized).png
    464581E5-5E69-423B-9568-4B082F6032D7 (resized).jpeg
    D7A8F822-D6C9-44E8-8F3B-BE5ACEFF0A49 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider riefepeters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#23 1 year ago

Summary:

Joey and Wally have done a lot of biz over the years.
    Walt has sold Joey games and has restored some of joeys games.
    It’s likely Joey sent packaged fees together previously.
    Joey gave lots of positive reviews on Pinside to Wally
    Somehow, Joey sent $6,000 too much.
    Wally cashed that $6,000.

Then, For a 5 month period some crazy shit went down between these two gentlemen and we have no idea what. Wally definitely got jerked around. Joey left out that part of the story.

The jerking around is over and joey wants his $6,000 now.
    And Wally thinks junk yard is a $10k game…hmm

Joey - if you’re going to create the drama, why not share what happened during that time and why Wally is so pissed? Something is clearly missing here.

But at the end of the day, it seems Wally agrees he owes Joey $6k and is just holding it because hes pissed about something.

Disclaimer: I had a tiny vested interest in reading this story because Joey reached out to me, offered a price on a game I had listed with full pics and info, sent someone to pick it up, and upon pickup the guy did a 45 minute inspection of my game, calls Joey in private, then tried to haggle. I had spoken to joey multiple times and we made a deal. I had arranged my schedule for a quick pickup. It led me to believe that Joey told the dude he could keep whatever difference he haggled as an incentive. I mean, I’ve purchased and sold plenty of games, and That experience was odd to me and left a sour taste in my mouth.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I am fucking lost on this one....... I do know there is a $6K check involved.

Actually, there is not a $6,000 check involved. Sounds like a $7500 check, $5000 check and $2500 check. But Joey WANTS a $6,000 check to be involved...and hence the creation of this thread.

I think I finally figured out the whole story and pieced it together! Do I win anything?

#117 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:Just fyi, I did an in-person deal with Wally16. I purchased his Alien. I've been to his place of business and home.
    I can tell you now, he doesn't need your money. I trust the guy, but he's busy as hell. He has so many games and parts and business deals and things going on that it's probably at the bottom of his to-do list. I bet he still has NIB games sitting around like he did the time I was there. He had like 3-4 he hadn't gotten to when I visited him, including dozens (hundreds?) of parts and mods that were still wrapped up waiting to be installed.
    Wally16 is meticulous. If you buy a game from him, you are getting the best ever game in existence or close to it. His games are cherry. He takes pride in his collection.
    So don't fret. He'll won't keep your money. He's legit. I promise you.

Upvoted this post, primarily because of all the downvotes!!

Candidly guys, everyone here is jumping to the conclusion that Wally is being a little B. But every story has two sides. Nobody on this chain has heard the other side from Wally.

Clearly, between deals number 9 and 10, something happened between Joey and Wally. There’s a 4 or 5 month window of something happening. Joey explained his side of that window. There could be another side. I don’t know. But clearly pinballcoop has done deals with wally and is offering perspective as a character witness. I’m ok with that. Upvotes all day until I hear both sides of story and feel comfortable passing judgement

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider riefepeters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-is-in-the-mail?tu=riefepeters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.