Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 401 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Vecna
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F2121438-F379-4EB8-9ED8-C74B83B5D7E3 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    346cd0fcd80e66837dd85ae878c329d798a48b98 (resized).jpeg
    A72A05A3-08FC-45EB-A844-5BC597C69D90 (resized).jpeg
    50E5938F-74DB-4B60-8D16-8279CC4A2204.gif
    e01 (resized).jpg
    fat (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230207-133902 (resized).png
    sil.gif
    the-simpsons-stop.gif
    EBCBB67E-9DE0-4844-806F-217468E3CD10_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    wally88 (resized).png
    464581E5-5E69-423B-9568-4B082F6032D7 (resized).jpeg
    D7A8F822-D6C9-44E8-8F3B-BE5ACEFF0A49 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
    #301 1 year ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Also, does it change the fact that Wally16 owed Joey $6,000 and dragged his feet repaying him? I still have not seen a side to the story that would warrant such a delayed payment.

I don't care enough to plug all of the interactions into a timeline.. but my takeaway was that Wally was pending some time to make sure that the check cleared and $ were out. After that, The timeout was reset when Joey offered to buy the listed 6k Playboy... the offer declined, and it seemed like the check was mailed out shortly after that.

#302 1 year ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #303 1 year ago

The posting of one image per post.... said images using the largest possible font on the phone... because someone supposedly doesn't know how to use the forum... we just got boomer'd hard.

#304 1 year ago
    Quoted from koji:

I don't care enough to plug all of the interactions into a timeline.. but my takeaway was that Wally was pending some time to make sure that the check cleared and $ were out. After that, The timeout was reset when Joey offered to buy the listed 6k Playboy... the offer declined, and it seemed like the check was mailed out shortly after that.

It appears to me, Joey was told he would get a refund on November 7th and expected the check when he received his 2 games on November 29th. He did not receive the check with the games and contacted Wally to start the additional conversations on when the check would be sent. At one point during the additional conversations Joey offers to buy the Playboy to make the payment/refund easier on Wally, but that does not reset the clock on when the refund was expected. All in all it would seem Joey has waited around 3 months for his refund, if he did indeed receive it this past week.

#305 1 year ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

we just got boomer'd hard.

The new rickroll lol.

#306 1 year ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The posting of one image per post.... said images using the largest possible font on the phone... because someone supposedly doesn't know how to use the forum... we just got boomer'd hard.

And yet that same person (Wally16) can respond to PMs, rate pinball machines, list pinball machines, provide seller/buyer feedback and as recently as a year ago was able to post in a forum topic:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only?tq=&tu=wally16

I don't know the facts here but stating that he doesn't know how to post in forums?!?

#307 1 year ago

I like how a bunch of giant-fonted incoherent texts have been posted third-hand that makes absolutely nothing clear and a bunch of Wally's (I think?) cronies are coming in hard with

SEE WE TOLD YOU SO WHERE'S OUR APOLOGY?!?!

None of this makes any sense, it's like hearing a few dudes tell us a third-hand account about two old men they know arguing about a sandwich at a deli on Sunday morning.

I've just come to the conclusion that the only thing that makes any sense here are sonofadiddly's endless pleas for the thread to end. It's like, a guy is sick of the thread, and wants it to go away. That's the kind of simple concept we can grasp.

The rest of this shit definitely seems like some kind of a dispute over the TV at a nursing home. I hope the one guy gets his money back and the other guy who regularly posts ads here learns how to make posts on Pinside and that sonofadiddly gets his wish.

Also, I have a Stern Playboy I'll gladly to Joey, it's even got the full bush pictures installed. Please have a friend of a friend PM me about it and we can start talking about mailing checks!

#308 1 year ago

Can we all just agree that Wally needs to buy reading glasses? That’s got to be the biggest font I have ever seen on an iPhone.

#309 1 year ago

The real crime here is how big the font is on that phone. You can read that from space.

Quoted from Mundy53:

Can we all just agree that Wally needs to buy reading glasses? That’s got to be the biggest font I have ever seen on an iPhone.

Hahaha beat me to it.

#310 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

it's even got the full bush pictures installed.

Wow, talk about Boomer'd hard!

#311 1 year ago

i can vouch for levi not being a boomer.

#312 1 year ago

Wally looked up at the circling buzzards with the thin red slits of his eyes, the sun-baked crust on his lips slowly flaking off as he raised his head and peered over the toes of his boots at the sorry sack of Joey “The Eye” Italiano who was laying face down in a puddle of something indeterminant. “Jeeesuuus H Christ Joey, what the fuck was in that Tequila?”, Joey grunted and rolled over. “You fuckin screaming for a reason? Where the fuck are we?” Wally spit out a tooth and rubbed the sand and dirt a little deeper into his eyes. Joey ran a hand across the back of his head and looked at it suspiciously “Next time you short me six g’s on a pin deal, remind me not to take it in back in booze, blow, and blonds…

#313 1 year ago
    Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

Not Levi, the full bush pics lol

#314 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Not Levi, the full bush pics lol

Sure, but he knows his client base.

#315 1 year ago
    665C5E42-47FD-4A90-AC53-530E5AFA5947 (resized).jpeg665C5E42-47FD-4A90-AC53-530E5AFA5947 (resized).jpeg
    #316 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vecna:

[quoted image]

Text is too small, cannot read. Please break this meme into four or five magnified segments and repost.

#317 1 year ago
    Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

I'm not. But I often feel like one.

I mean did you watch the Grammys? THEY CALL THAT MUSIC?!?!

#318 1 year ago

Thinking of what Joey's closing text might look like.

D7A8F822-D6C9-44E8-8F3B-BE5ACEFF0A49 (resized).jpegD7A8F822-D6C9-44E8-8F3B-BE5ACEFF0A49 (resized).jpeg
    #319 1 year ago
    464581E5-5E69-423B-9568-4B082F6032D7 (resized).jpeg464581E5-5E69-423B-9568-4B082F6032D7 (resized).jpeg
    #320 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Can you explain this whole scenario a bit better? There seems to be a 4 to 5 month period where Wally claims he was waiting on you?

I asked this of Joey 6 days ago and it never got answered. I think Joey got a taste of his own medicine because he blames covid, hurricanes and a trip to the mountains.

As far as Wally16 goes? How do you post for sale ads here on Pinside , but have no clue how to post on the forum?

Honestly, they both deserve to be shunned from doing any business with.

#321 1 year ago

I was scared to read this whole thing after the first post...but I do have 2 questions:

1) Has Wally responded?

2) Did he get the 6000 back?

#322 1 year ago

1) no. Wally apparently has proxies because he can't operate in a forum other than selling sh1t.
    2) No. The package is supposedly delivered 5 days late by USPS (overnight my arse). WE don't know
    A) if the package contains a check.
    B) if there is a check; if it's good / not made of rubber / scammed from someone else.

3) Yeah; don't do business with either. somethings off about both.

#323 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I was scared to read this whole thing after the first post...but I do have 2 questions:
    1) Has Wally responded?
    2) Did he get the 6000 back?

1) He has given radiomoz Pinside power of attorney, who has posted on his behalf about 20 text screen shots. So I guess the answer is...kind of. Even if we've seen half of them already and don't actually address anything.

2) waiting on Joey Italiano's court appointed Pinside rep to chime in with some screenshots. So that's up in the air.

#324 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

3) Yeah; don't do business with either. somethings off about both.

I think the most important point of all

#325 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I think the most important point of all

With regards to Wally being a good seller. I'm a believer in smoke/vs/fire.
    This smells a lot like the beginnings of
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/klov-community-scam

I'd like to get both the benefit of the doubt; but just can't. Joey obviously was a bad buyer... and there is no reason for Wally to have held on to any money for any period of time.

#326 1 year ago

Kinda SNAFU . . .

#327 1 year ago
    wally88 (resized).pngwally88 (resized).png
    #328 1 year ago

Don't leave us in suspense, Joey! Did the envelope contain a $6k cashier's check? Or oil soaked rags? Or both? Or are you in the DR and we have to wait 3 weeks to find out?

#329 1 year ago

IBTL,
    Best use of my time for the last 9 days ! Intrigue,Mystery,Drama,Some funny moments.
    Pinside Delivers again and again thru the dark days of winter.

#330 1 year ago

Gentlemen The ''overnighted check'' (That Wally16 sent 5 day's ago) has finally arrived today.

I went straight to a TD Bank and cashed it, The $6,005 dollars is in my hands.

What I did was copy and paste Wally16 and I's FULL WORD FOR WORD EXCHANGE HERE ON THE PINSIDE MESSAGE SYSTEM, ONLY LEAVING OUT OF COURSE HIS PERSONAL ADDRESS AS WELL AS HIS BUSINESS NAME AND ADDRESS AND HIS CELL # AND FULL NAME (Wanted to respect the Man's PRIVACY)

WHAT radiomoz DID WAS SLICE AND DICE A BUNCH OF CELL PHONE TEXT"S TAKE THEM OUT OF ORDER PUT THEM IN THE BLENDER AND SPIT IT OUT TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE I WAS THE BAD GUY FOR ASKING FOR MY $6,000 BUCK'S BACK.
    Then put up my personal info, Thanks @radiomoz---I understand You are helping teach Wally16 how to screen shot...... however I'm not sure you should be the one showing him you left out A LOT!!!

radiomoz I notice you left out dates, Cherry picked them out of order and then cut the tops and bottoms off other's......

Are You going to put up the whole conversation?? Maybe You could show him how to mail an envelope while your at it.

Then we got ThePinballCo-op another one of Wally16 Cheerleaders. who new from the very beginning Wally Had way to much cool stuff to rip anybody off!

At least the Guy's mentioned above have some feed back, now take a good look at this one Vecna it's a freshly made profile with NO TRANSACTIONS AT ALL TO ANYONE...EVER! Judging by his posts he spends most of his time writing on Cartoons

#331 1 year ago

Lock it up!!

#332 1 year ago

I’m so confused. Oh and #paytheboob

beelzeboob

#333 1 year ago
    Quoted from JoeyItaliano:

Gentlemen The ''overnighted check'' (That Wally16 sent 5 day's ago) has finally arrived today.
    I went straight to a TD Bank and cashed it, The $6,005 dollars is in my hands. (Why he sent an extra $5 I'll never know)
    What I did was copy and paste Wally16 and I's FULL WORD FOR WORD EXCHANGE HERE ON THE PINSIDE PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM, ONLY LEAVING OUT OF COURSE HIS PERSONAL ADDRESS AS WELL AS HIS BUSINESS NAME AND ADDRESS AND HIS CELL # AND FULL NAME (Wanted to respect the Man's PRIVACY)
    WHAT radiomoz DID WAS SLICE AND DICE A BUNCH OF CELL PHONE TEXT"S TAKE THEM OUT OF ORDER PUT THEM IN THE BLENDER AND SPIT IT OUT TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE I WAS THE BAD GUY FOR ASKING FOR MY $6,000 GRAND BACK.
    Then put up my personal info, Thanks radiomoz I understand You are helping teach Wally16 how to screen shot...... however I'm not sure you should be the one showing him as you left out ALOT!!!
    ARE YOU GOING TO PUT UP THE WHOLE CONVERSATION OR SHOULD I?? Maybe You could show him how to mail an envelope while your at it.
    Then we got ThePinballCo-op another one of Wally16 Cheerleaders. who new from the very beginning Wally Had way to much cool stuff to rip anybody off!
    At least the Guy's mentioned above have some feed back, now take a good look at this one Vecna it's a freshly made profile with NO TRANSACTIONS AT ALL TO ANYONE...EVER! Judging by his posts he spends most of his time writing on Cartoons
    At the end of the day the Wally's out in Connecticut, I could have just had Lou & Anthony collect, Would have been a lot more satisfying then this Soap Opera.

I think enough has been said.

#334 1 year ago

IBTL. All Caps because I’m yelling too

#335 1 year ago
    Quoted from Goyomex:

IBTL. All Caps because I’m yelling too

You know none of us are going to get it.

#336 1 year ago
    EBCBB67E-9DE0-4844-806F-217468E3CD10_4_5005_c (resized).jpegEBCBB67E-9DE0-4844-806F-217468E3CD10_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    #337 1 year ago

can't sleep
    clown'll eat me

#338 1 year ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #339 1 year ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Don't leave us in suspense, Joey! Did the envelope contain a $6k cashier's check? Or oil soaked rags? Or both?

Anthrax... probably.

What else explains the silence?

#340 1 year ago

MY $6,000 GRAND BACK.

Not gonna lie, that’s a lot of grands

#341 1 year ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Not gonna lie, that’s a lot of grands

Good point! Seems like Wally overpaid by a bit more than $5 lol. If that’s the norm, I might see if I can get in on the 3 month refund train as well. I think I’ve learned enough here to see how it works. Hurricanes, foreign travel, Covid, gigantic fonts, swap checks in mail. Got it!

#342 1 year ago

Like sands through the hourglass.......................

#343 1 year ago

Glad this finally worked out and that Wally isn't a scammer by evidence.
    Still suspect behavior; but glad the OP is finally made whole.

#344 1 year ago

Yay finally this thread is done!

#346 1 year ago

What a wild ride but glad you got your money now everyone is happy and we can all go back to changing our font to large on our Iphones.

#347 1 year ago

In before the lock. Good job everyone

#348 1 year ago

Gentlemen The ''overnighted check'' The $6,005 dollars is in my hands. (Why he sent an extra $5 I'll never know)

I will take the high road on this one and bite my tongue. Joey if you are ever in Flint Michigan I would like to offer you a tall glass of the nation's finest tap water.

P.s. Season two starts when Wally realizes he over payed and requests Joey over night him the $5 dollars he owes him.

Peace!

#349 1 year ago

That $5 was an old school F U.

That said I would steer clear of both. Holy crap what drama.

#350 1 year ago

Lesson learned.

IBTL.

There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-is-in-the-mail/page/7?hl=mundy53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.