Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 401 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Vecna
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F2121438-F379-4EB8-9ED8-C74B83B5D7E3 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    346cd0fcd80e66837dd85ae878c329d798a48b98 (resized).jpeg
    A72A05A3-08FC-45EB-A844-5BC597C69D90 (resized).jpeg
    50E5938F-74DB-4B60-8D16-8279CC4A2204.gif
    e01 (resized).jpg
    fat (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230207-133902 (resized).png
    sil.gif
    the-simpsons-stop.gif
    EBCBB67E-9DE0-4844-806F-217468E3CD10_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    wally88 (resized).png
    464581E5-5E69-423B-9568-4B082F6032D7 (resized).jpeg
    D7A8F822-D6C9-44E8-8F3B-BE5ACEFF0A49 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
    #201 1 year ago

Don’t worry once Rocky sells you will get your 6000 with interest ..

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/150880

#202 1 year ago

There is no second side to the story.
    You don't take a picture of a fake check nor do you send a fake overnight tracking number unless you yourself are a scammer

#203 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

You don't take a picture of a fake check nor do you send a fake overnight tracking number unless you yourself are a scammer

Yeah, at this point I don't give a flying fuck what happened previously - he said he's sending / has sent the money over and over but has not. I wouldn't do business with that guy no matter how good the deal is and it doesn't appear he offers up good deals anyway.

#204 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

Because it can be made into a revenue source. $$$.
    I am pretty sure that even something simple, like a Pinside Escrow service, would work well.
    These machines are getting so pricey that a neutral third party entity that acts as a money gatekeeper for a fee would provide a valuable service.

Pinside sales adds are nothing more than a classified add. The rest is on you. There’s no reason for pinside to get involved like eBay, because eBay processes the actual payment. Pinside doesn’t take your money and give it to the seller like eBay. Also there’s no need for a pinside escrow company, I imagine that the international logistics would be quite the hurdle when there’s already companies that do this job well.

Here’s everything you need to know.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-not-get-ripped-off-in-pinball-vids-guide

Edit added
    The best thing for pinside to do is keep the course and offer a forum to expose scammers and give credibility to honest community members.

#205 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

... The rest is on you. There’s no reason for pinside to get involved like eBay, because eBay processes the actual payment. Pinside doesn’t take your money and give it to the seller like eBay. ....

Not to mention the legalities of getting into the middle of a dispute over money, fraud, etc. - eBay has enough transactional volume to pay for teams of lawyers.

#206 1 year ago

Yeah it will never happen. The people who run this site aren’t dumb enough to think mediating pinball transactions would be a benefit to them.

And I don’t care who is administering it, I’m never going to buy or sell a pinball machine using escrow. Batshit crazy idea.

You hear escrow brought up all the time here, but has anybody ever actually sold or bought a game that way? If I’m selling a game and someone mentions escrow (which has never happened to me in hundreds of deals over 21 years), I’m ending the conversation and moving on to the next guy.

#207 1 year ago

Any updates from JoeyItaliano or Wally16 ?

Did that check ever show up?

#208 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

I am pretty sure that even something simple

You vastly underestimate the complexity of a mediation service and an escrow service.

Quoted from galore2112:

like a Pinside Escrow service

There are a lot of laws and regulations for somthing like that, just domestically. Internationally, it is incredibly complex.

Quoted from galore2112:

for a fee would provide a valuable service.

A lot of people don't even pay the sales fee on ads. It wouldn't be the moneymaker that you think it is.

#209 1 year ago

JoeyItaliano is a one sided BS'er that posted this thread with info that only makes his side look good. The other side makes you look bad. The real story always comes out. Stay tuned.

JoeyItaliano Feb 15 mean anything to you.
    Tell the whole story.

The truth is the truth.

#211 1 year ago

I have a strange feeling that joeyitaliano and WALL-E are both laying in a back alley bleeding profusely after a mutual ass beating over pinball money.

It happens more than one would think.

#212 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

This is the sort of comment that keeps me coming back to Pinside again and again.

#213 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

This is the sort of comment that keeps me coming back to Pinside again and again.

Can't figure out if you disagree or agree. I guess it doesn't really matter.
    Unless the op Is lying the scammer here needs to be sent packing

#214 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Can't figure out if you disagree or agree. I guess it doesn't really matter.
    Unless the op Is lying the scammer here needs to be sent packing

Both your absolute confidence and outrage in the statements that ‘There is no second side to the story’ after a dude comes in and tells us his version of some rather convoluted and drawn out series of events AND followed by your last judicious ‘scammer needs to be sent packing’ is nothing short of comedy gold.

#215 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah it will never happen. The people who run this site aren’t dumb enough to think mediating pinball transactions would be a benefit to them.
    And I don’t care who is administering it, I’m never going to buy or sell a pinball machine using escrow. Batshit crazy idea.
    You hear escrow brought up all the time here, but has anybody ever actually sold or bought a game that way? If I’m selling a game and someone mentions escrow (which has never happened to me in hundreds of deals over 21 years), I’m ending the conversation and moving on to the next guy.

You can ridicule the idea all day long and from what I can tell, based on your posting history, $10k is nothing to you, hence you think this is stupid.

I find it stupid when PinFan69 sells his HUO treasure for $15k and Balls8Fanatic sends him a check eagerly anticipating the precious.

PinFan69 meanwhile thinks his shit doesn’t stink and doing business with him is like a favor. “satisfaction of owning one of his games” LOL.

And then there’s this free entertainment where semi anonymous posters like you and me get on each other’s throats if “the check’s in the mail” and how impossibly stupid it is to think about a better system.

ebay.com link: escrow

They do this for $10k watches. Apparently you think ebay does this without monetizing it.

And blablabla it’s difficult whatever. At least there would be no bitching about $6000 going poof.

#216 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

You can ridicule the idea all day long and from what I can tell, based on your posting history, $10k is nothing to you, hence you think this is stupid.
    I find it stupid when PinFan69 sells his HUO treasure for $15k and Balls8Fanatic sends him a check eagerly anticipating the precious.
    PinFan69 meanwhile thinks his shit doesn’t stink and doing business with him is like a favor. “satisfaction of owning one of his games” LOL.
    And then there’s this free entertainment where semi anonymous posters like you and me get on each other’s throats if “the check’s in the mail” and how impossibly stupid it is to think about a better system.
    They do this for $10k watches. Apparently you think ebay does this without monetizing it.
    And blablabla it’s difficult whatever. At least there would be no bitching about $6000 going poof.

Ok.

So next time you try to buy a pinball machine, tell the seller the only way you are doing it is via escrow and see how it works out for ya!

Escrow around here is like renters insurance; an idea everybody loves and everybody talks about but nobody actually ever uses.

#217 1 year ago

Paypal is an escrow service. Look how good that works.

#218 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

... dude comes in and tells us his version of some rather convoluted and drawn out series of events...

However, he really didn't "tell" us much of anything at first. If you recall, his original post was just a copy/paste of texts and emails without any story-telling, but everyone complained that it was too long. Simply reading the raw texts/emails one can form some opinions and draw some conclusions about both members; and nothing is stopping Wally16 from commenting here.

I don't know JoeyItaliano and his ignoring the question about the tracking number is concerning. Maybe he got the check after all? If so, he should say immediately and put an ending on this.

#219 1 year ago

this may be the worst/dumbest thread on pinside at the moment and that's saying something

#220 1 year ago
    Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

this may be the worst/dumbest thread on pinside at the moment and that's saying something

That was my point - threads like this and the outrage and blustering that goes on in them is one of the highlights of my miserable days.

#221 1 year ago
    Quoted from rod90:

Exactly.. go ahead and sell your pins on Paypal.. It's great in theory, until all of a sudden, you deliver the product and the buyer screws you out of payment with a CC chargeback or claims it was damaged or who knows what.

This is old news, but the buyer takes on 100% of the risk for any remote transaction. Don't like it.. then cash on the glass.

#222 1 year ago

I consider Joey a stand up guy. It’s very simple, Wally owes him 6k and after numerous runaround’s, this guy still hasn’t paid him. Theft and fraud and I would never buy anything from Wally. If Wally can do this to Joey, he can do it to anyone in the hobby.

#223 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vecna:

JoeyItaliano is a one sided BS'er that posted this thread with info that only makes his side look good. The other side makes you look bad. The real story always comes out. Stay tuned.
    JoeyItaliano Feb 15 mean anything to you.
    Tell the whole story.
    The truth is the truth.

Can you enlighten us?

#224 1 year ago
    Quoted from Norcalpin:

Can you enlighten us?

That's for JoeyItaliano .

#225 1 year ago

It’s f’kin’ Saturday… Maybe Joey has got the family out for a nice afternoon drive…

#226 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

If you really looked at crazylevi posting history (which would take months 24/7) you would know he is far from "semi anonymous".

But either way, this thread is typical pinside fodder. The impassioned pinsider who was "done wrong" comes to air the dirty laundry and find resolution, riles everyone up, and then disappears. It's silly. If he has a case, use legal channels. Pinside shaming has rarely yielded a $6k pay day.

Enough of this overblown drama, I need to catch up on a balloon that was shot down by a missile...

#227 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ok.

So next time you try to buy a pinball machine, tell the seller the only way you are doing it is via escrow and see how it works out for ya!

Escrow around here is like renters insurance; an idea everybody loves and everybody talks about but nobody actually ever uses.

I have to agree with Levi. Escrow services are often discussed in "how not to be scammed" threads, but outside of that, I think I can count the number of times I've seen people say that they've actually used an escrow service on one hand. The reality is, most people just don't use them with pinball deals.

And honestly, if I'm selling a game and someone wants to offer to pay using an escrow service, I'm moving onto the next buyer. I don't want to deal with the extra layer of complications. Pinball machines really aren't that hard to sell, and most people I've dealt with are either newbies looking for their first game or connected in some way to the pinball community with good feedback.

Quoted from rod90:

It's primarily a digital wallet. Those are two different things. It looks like you can fund an escrow service directly from paypal, but paypal itself isn't the one providing the service (that I'm aware of).

Quoted from koji:

Exactly.. go ahead and sell your pins on Paypal.. It's great in theory, until all of a sudden, you deliver the product and the buyer screws you out of payment with a CC chargeback or claims it was damaged or who knows what.

This is old news, but the buyer takes on 100% of the risk for any remote transaction. Don't like it.. then cash on the glass.

I don't accept large amounts of $$ through paypal for a remote sale for this reason. If I get screwed out of a couple hundred bucks, oh well, it sucks, but it's not going to break me. It's a risk of doing transactions over the internet.

I'm mostly a cash on the glass guy, though I have accepted some wire transfers from folks who have a lot of good pinball community feedback. It's a bit more difficult to claw back a wire than paypal funds.

#228 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

... but paypal itself isn't the one providing the service (that I'm aware of).

I believe you are correct. Although PayPal and eBay are owned by same company, I think escrow is mainly part of the eBay experience.

#229 1 year ago
    Quoted from sparky672:

PayPal and eBay are owned by same company,

Used to be true.
    Don't think that is still true

#230 1 year ago
    Quoted from sparky672:

Although PayPal and eBay are owned by same company

No, they officially split in 2015. They have had nothing to do with each other since then.

#231 1 year ago

Yes, you are correct. They spun it off in 2015, I am reading. However, like you stated before, escrow is not built into it.

#232 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

If you really looked at crazylevi posting history (which would take months 24/7) you would know he is far from "semi anonymous".
    But either way, this thread is typical pinside fodder. The impassioned pinsider who was "done wrong" comes to air the dirty laundry and find resolution, riles everyone up, and then disappears. It's silly. If he has a case, use legal channels. Pinside shaming has rarely yielded a $6k pay day.
    Enough of this overblown drama, I need to catch up on a balloon that was shot down by a missile...

Disappears? LOL, his last post was yesterday, it is the weekend. Not everyone on here 24/7

#233 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Disappears? LOL, his last post was yesterday, it is the weekend. Not everyone on here 24/7

Exactly. He was hell bent on making his case, posting many many times in a few days, and then his trip to Chuck E cheese circumvented his interest in his $6,000.

It's understandable, it's Saturday!

#234 1 year ago

Paypal is third party and takes your money when the other party whines. Not officially an escrow service. But the result is the same. Give a third party control of your money and bad things can happen.

#235 1 year ago

Never trust an Italian guy named Joey that signs his emails 'Joseph'

#236 1 year ago

Just sitting here waiting to hear who will be swimming with the fishes. ohhhhh!

#237 1 year ago

We got a tracking # that says it went through Hartford CT. on January 31, 2023 at 10:06 pm and stuck there, Which would actually mean ''THE CHECK IS IN THE MAIL'' and is late according to there money back guarantee (Wally should get his 28 bucks back) Wally did give me a call today to let me know he talked with the Post Office and opened a case for the missing envelope. (It is tough when it's a cashiers check)

(First picture I got was with the Check & Slip together which was taken at a distance that made it tough to make out the #'s, Then later on when Wally got back to his Body Shop He sent a close up)

It was a civilized conversation and it looks like we can get it straightened out soon.

Guy's either Serious about paying me back or deserves an academy award!

When I Know You'll Know

Enjoy your Sunday Dinner

Appreciate it fella's

~Joey
    wally (resized).jpgwally (resized).jpg
    pinside.150078eb194fdb300c8c94ba6eb107a713a44095_1.jpgpinside.150078eb194fdb300c8c94ba6eb107a713a44095_1.jpg
    wally 3 (resized).jpgwally 3 (resized).jpg

#238 1 year ago

Well alright . . .

Quoted from JoeyItaliano:

We got a tracking # that says it went through Hartford CT. on January 31, 2023 at 10:06 pm and stuck there, Which would actually mean ''THE CHECK IS IN THE MAIL'' and is late according to there money back guarantee (Wally should get his 28 bucks back) Wally did give me a call today to let me know he talked with the Post Office and opened a case for the missing envelope. (It is tough when it's a cashiers check)
    (First picture I got was with the Check & Slip together which was taken at a distance that made it tough to make out the #'s, Then later on when Wally got back to his Body Shop He sent a close up)
    It was a civilized conversation and it looks like we can get it straightened out soon.
    When I Know You'll Know
    Enjoy your Sunday Dinner
    Appreciate it fella's
    ~Joey [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#239 1 year ago

When I Know You'll Know
    Enjoy your Sunday Dinner
    Appreciate it fella's
    ~Joey
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Ok, that begs this question:. Which pinsider works at the Hartford post office?

#240 1 year ago

When I Know You'll Know
    Enjoy your Sunday Dinner
    Appreciate it fella's
    ~Joey
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Wow, the fun never ends!! Now the check is lost?

#241 1 year ago

Well that is clearly not UPS overnight as he said it was shipped lol.

Now that we see it's USPS, it makes total sense that it did not actually arrive overnight.

#242 1 year ago

72D52D27-DFD3-4570-B699-3FC4DA4F7807 (resized).jpeg72D52D27-DFD3-4570-B699-3FC4DA4F7807 (resized).jpeg

#243 1 year ago
    A2D94F8F-1ADE-4F10-9BA1-8E9983DE38B1 (resized).jpegA2D94F8F-1ADE-4F10-9BA1-8E9983DE38B1 (resized).jpeg
    #244 1 year ago

So Wally was telling the truth and the USPS was to blame. Is that what happened?

#245 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

So Wally was telling the truth and the USPS was to blame. Is that what happened?

Impossible… there is no second side to this story, right?

#246 1 year ago

Tracking number EI612164555US
    Delivered - February 06, 11:05AM
    New Port Richey, FL

JoeyItaliano please confirm that you received the package and that it contained the check.

#247 1 year ago

Here is the conversation Wally wanted me to post on his behalf. He does not know how to post in the forum. I had to teach him how to do screenshots.

AB94BAE6-BEFF-453C-8002-2742B6A494BD (resized).jpegAB94BAE6-BEFF-453C-8002-2742B6A494BD (resized).jpeg
    #248 1 year ago
    78704793-360C-4B68-8949-997A1DBAD60A (resized).jpeg78704793-360C-4B68-8949-997A1DBAD60A (resized).jpeg
    #249 1 year ago
    3F537633-E441-4BF6-9B52-FD9EAC754C3C (resized).jpeg3F537633-E441-4BF6-9B52-FD9EAC754C3C (resized).jpeg
    #250 1 year ago
    B73F365F-E7FE-4C4A-91EB-DC25AC2203B6 (resized).jpegB73F365F-E7FE-4C4A-91EB-DC25AC2203B6 (resized).jpeg
    There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-is-in-the-mail/page/5?hl=norcalpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.