Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 401 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Vecna
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F2121438-F379-4EB8-9ED8-C74B83B5D7E3 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    346cd0fcd80e66837dd85ae878c329d798a48b98 (resized).jpeg
    A72A05A3-08FC-45EB-A844-5BC597C69D90 (resized).jpeg
    50E5938F-74DB-4B60-8D16-8279CC4A2204.gif
    e01 (resized).jpg
    fat (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230207-133902 (resized).png
    sil.gif
    the-simpsons-stop.gif
    EBCBB67E-9DE0-4844-806F-217468E3CD10_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    wally88 (resized).png
    464581E5-5E69-423B-9568-4B082F6032D7 (resized).jpeg
    D7A8F822-D6C9-44E8-8F3B-BE5ACEFF0A49 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
    #151 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Do I think Wally is a scammer? No. It sounds more like he's just trying to cause Joey pain and antagonization as retaliation for some perceived pain and antagonization he feels he got from Joey. No, I'm not saying thats right. In fact, even if that were the case, just be the bigger man and pay up your debt.
    Not to defend Wally, but if he did sent a check via USPS its very possible it is hung up or just taking longer than usual. Sometimes the tracking numbers don't update properly either. Maybe time to cancel that check and send another. Or Venmo. Or Paypal F&F, or wire transfer. At this point whatever personal beef there may or may not be between the two doesn't matter much if they are both in agreement that 6k is owed. Pay it, quick messin around, and get it over with.

AMEN!

#152 1 year ago

Might Walter have a different story. Hurricanes, Covid, moneys tied up in construction in North Carolina for 5-6 months? Joey what is going on.

JoeyItaliano

#153 1 year ago

What do we want? Wally! When do we want it? NOW!

#154 1 year ago

Maybe someone (@JoeyItaliano) could invite Wally to the conversation so he for sure knows this thread exists? We all want to know how this story ends.

#155 1 year ago
    pixar_money_1170 (resized).jpgpixar_money_1170 (resized).jpg
    #156 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Pay it, quit messin around, and get it over with.

Exactly, before your name is tarnished further. Does Wally even know about this thread and what's being said?

#157 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Do I think Wally is a scammer? No. It sounds more like he's just trying to cause Joey pain and antagonization as retaliation for some perceived pain and antagonization he feels he got from Joey. No, I'm not saying thats right. In fact, even if that were the case, just be the bigger man and pay up your debt.
    Not to defend Wally, but if he did sent a check via USPS its very possible it is hung up or just taking longer than usual. Sometimes the tracking numbers don't update properly either. Maybe time to cancel that check and send another. Or Venmo. Or Paypal F&F, or wire transfer. At this point whatever personal beef there may or may not be between the two doesn't matter much if they are both in agreement that 6k is owed. Pay it, quit messin around, and get it over with.

Yes, but how many checks has Wally16 supposedly sent and have gotten lost? Absolutely ridiculous. He knowingly gave him a bullshit tracking #

#158 1 year ago
    Quoted from JoeyItaliano:

Still waiting on the $6,000 check, If what Wally say's is true UPS missed it's mark Yesterday at 6:00 P.M. even though he paid $28 to overnight it. (It's a money back guarantee) We were here at the house all day to make sure we didn't miss it. Wally Say's when he punches in the Tracking # it say's it went through Hartford, When I punch it in Says it can't be located.

This means one of the 2 parties is full of shit. The same tracking # will not show up as 2 different things from the same website. I firmly believe that Wally16 is a complete bullshit artist.

Joey, how did he send you the tracking # ? Did he send you the number typed in or did he send you a picture of the receipt with the tracking #?

#159 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Yes, but how many checks has Wally16 supposedly sent and have gotten lost? Absolutely ridiculous. He knowingly gave him a bullshit tracking #

Yeah I would definitely be pushing for a wire transfer or something at this point

#160 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Yeah I would definitely be pushing for a wire transfer or something at this point

Something is starting to stink on this whole story

#161 1 year ago

After being convinced by the strippers that Joey hadn’t suffered enough, Wally rented a Hummer Limo, threw a half working BSD machine in the back, bought a case of Mezcal, and lit out for Tia Juana, picking up every street walker on the way that would fit in it. With his greasy hands gripping the chromed-chained steering wheel and half a line of booger-laden nose candy dripping from his left nostril, Wally gunned the throttle of the huge beast at the border checkpoint - The last anyone heard of the whole party was some crazed ramblings of a rando sterno juicer who claims he saw the distant red glow of a DMD reflected off the sweat drenched cleavage of six or seven women slowly dancing around a half working pin in the middle of the desert, removing what can be loosely described as articles of clothing as Wally flipped his way to infamy on Pinside.

#162 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Iin Canada we spell it cheque to pay someone, and check to verify something.

Yep. Can be spelled various ways. A man from Prague didn't have the money for a plane ticket, so he sent himself to America through the post. Just before he packed himself up, he notified his relatives in America that the Czech is in the mail.

#163 1 year ago

Wally16 @Wally16 Wally16

b (resized).jpgb (resized).jpg

#164 1 year ago

Dedicated to Wally.

#165 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vecna:

Might Walter have a different story. Hurricanes, Covid, moneys tied up in construction in North Carolina for 5-6 months? Joey what is going on.
    JoeyItaliano

Lady Friend has Family there, got to go on a nice ride through the mountains while they looked at property, and while I enjoy Florida we do have covid & Hurricanes.

I see you have a fresh profile, Glad to see your doing your homework before you do any transactions.

#166 1 year ago

He's around and checking messages (shocker). I messaged him about one of his games asking if he could ship and replied "Yes"

#167 1 year ago

Few days back I spoke with Wally16 and he told me a cashiers check was overnighted, then got pictures of the check and UPS slip to back it up. Nothing ever showed up. As for where the check is, Your guess is as good as mine.

It's turned into something more than how it started...

Quoted from vdojaq:

That's called fraud. Time for a lawyer and some law enforcement.

#168 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vecna:

I think JoeyItaliano need to come clean on this issue. More to the story?

There's not "more to the story." Joey sounds like a "difficult" buyer who takes forever to pull the trigger, and it sounds like he agreed to buy a game and then changed his mind a month or two later.

That's not a crime. Experienced sellers like Wally can sniff guys like that out a mile away, and either decide to deal with them or not. I've stopped corresponding with numerous potential buyers who I realized would not be worth the trouble. I never thought of stealing money from them instead.

The seller has decided that Joey "owes" him $2500 due to opportunity costs on the game he was holding onto, so has decided to steal $6,000 for revenge.

Seller sounds like a creep to me. There's no excuse for stringing along even an obnoxious buyer like this...the check is in the mail...fake tracking numbers...endless excuses. Ridiculous and indefensible behavior regardless of how many happy customers he has or how nice his house is.

#169 1 year ago

This whole situation is so very convoluted and confusing. Perfect pinside fodder.

#170 1 year ago

Everything he has is gold.

#171 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

it sounds like he agreed to buy a game and then changed his mind a month or two later.

As I understand it, it was the other way around. The seller (Wally16) backed out of the deal because he had another buyer at a higher price. Then that deal fell through and Wally is blaming that on JoeyItaliano.

Though, it is possible that I'm mis-understanding it all too...It IS pretty confusing.

#172 1 year ago
    Quoted from v8torino:

I'm leaning with you Joey,
    Wally16 ......I could just find 4 Forum posts ...

And out of the 4 forum posts, 3 were just him posting his marketplace ad.

Quoted from v8torino:

... and 73 Pinside ads, He's here for selling and not participating with any tips,conversation,joking around

You nailed it, as I still would have expected Wally16 in this thread early on. At this point I don't know what could he say... the apparently bogus UPS tracking number is fairly damning.

#173 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

As I understand it, it was the other way around.

Either way, it doesn't matter at this point. Taking the information posted here at face value, Wally16 admitted several times in writing that he owes $6,000 to @joeyitaliano. Then after waiting months, Wally subsequently provides Joey with a photo of a $6,000 cashier's check that never materialized and a tracking number that does not track anywhere. <- It all boils down to this, and it looks really bad for Wally.

There are serious issues here... in my opinion, the criminal fraud boxes are checked for possibly wire fraud, mail fraud, etc. @joeyitaliano, have you contacted the authorities yet?

#174 1 year ago
    Quoted from sparky672:

Either way, it doesn't matter at this point. Taking the information posted here at face value, Wally16 admitted several times in writing that he owes $6,000 to JoeyItaliano. Then after waiting months, Wally subsequently provides Joey with a photo of a $6,000 cashier's check that never materialized, and a tracking number that does not track anywhere. <- It all boils down to this, and it looks really bad for Wally.

Except Joey won't answer how he got the tracking #. Did Wally supply him the number or did Wally actually take a picture of the receipt with the tracking #. BIG difference.

Something is just missing in this whole thing.

#175 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Joey, how did he send you the tracking # ? Did he send you the number typed in or did he send you a picture of the receipt with the tracking #?

JoeyItaliano ?

#176 1 year ago
    Quoted from sparky672:

Either way, it doesn't matter at this point. Taking the information posted here at face value, Wally16 admitted several times in writing that he owes $6,000 to JoeyItaliano. Then after waiting months, Wally subsequently provides Joey with a photo of a $6,000 cashier's check that never materialized and a tracking number that does not track anywhere. <- It all boils down to this, and it looks really bad for Wally.
    There are serious issues here... in my opinion, the criminal fraud boxes are checked for possibly wire fraud, mail fraud, etc. JoeyItaliano, have you contacted a the authorities yet?

Not defending the seller.. they just need to settle the outstanding $ obviously...

But you say "Then after waiting months"... to me, Everything was reset when the Playboy was on the table.. so the only date to work from is the Cheque is in the mail. This was on January 9th, so it has not yet been a month technically..

Clearly, both the buyer and seller need to agree to binding pinside arbitration.. so let's hear the full story from both sides.

#177 1 year ago
    Quoted from koji:

Not defending the seller.. they just need to settle the outstanding $ obviously...
    But you say "Then after waiting months"... to me, Everything was reset when the Playboy was on the table.. so the only date to work from is the Cheque is in the mail. This was on January 9th, so it has not yet been a month technically..
    Clearly, both the buyer and seller need to agree to binding pinside arbitration.. so let's hear the full story from both sides.

Maybe we should hear 1/16th of the story from the side that hasn't responded one bit before we hear more out of JoeyItaliano?

#178 1 year ago
    Quoted from koji:

"Months" is how long it felt like when I read the original post.

But I will happily take your word for it that I made that misinterpretation.

#179 1 year ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Maybe we should hear 1/16th of the story from the side that hasn't responded one bit...

We should, but nobody is stopping that.

Wally16

#180 1 year ago

6000 bucks in the DR for a month +.
    Wall E is probably just Livin it up

#181 1 year ago

Lady Friend has Family there, got to go on a nice ride through the mountains while they looked at property, and while I enjoy Florida we do have covid & Hurricanes.
    I see you have a fresh profile, Glad to see your doing your homework before you do any transactions.

New to Pinside yes. That does not make a difference at all in regards to bullshit.
    All story's have two maybe three sides.

Pinside court is in order.

Good luck getting your funds I am sure you will if you have not received them already.
    No one has heard Walter's defense or side of the story.

You will deposit your 6k and all the BS will end besides the damage.

#182 1 year ago

i sent wally a pm, said check was sent jan 31st. ...........

#183 1 year ago

Wally is a legit seller. Money is not an issue. He will for sure pay whatever is owed. He’s an honest pinhead. And will always take of his customers.

#184 1 year ago

The larger Question here is:
    Should the Pinside platform Create an internal Review system to help the buyers and sellers with disputes?

Something like EBay Resolution center

#185 1 year ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Should the Pinside platform Create an internal Review system to help the buyers and sellers with disputes?

No.

Why would the people who run this site want to get involved in that ?!

#186 1 year ago

What's a check?

#187 1 year ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

I know I have said it before, but even merely reading the posts and reactions in THIS single thread (with zero info from Wally’s possible take on things)… I trust pinsiders to tell me what is what as much as I trust my dog to do my laundry.

#188 1 year ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i sent wally a pm, said check was sent jan 31st. ...........

And? lol

#189 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ribs:

What's a check?

It’s a move made upon a skater on the opposing team who controls the puck.

#190 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

… I trust pinsiders to tell me what is what as much as I trust my dog to do my laundry.

You mean people that buy high priced toys and then bitch about them aren't the most rational, level-headed people and they tend to jump to conclusions without all the facts...sounds about right.

#191 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I know I have said it before, but even merely reading the posts and reactions in THIS single thread (with zero info from Wally’s possible take on things)… I trust pinsiders to tell me what is what as much as I trust my dog to do my laundry.

You gonna use this response in multiple threads? It's getting old. Yes, we understand that pinsiders are not a valuable data base. But your dogs laundry habits are uninteresting.

#192 1 year ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

No, there really isn't an upside to "officially" mediate disputes. It's complicated and time consuming.

If disputes don't get worked out privately, they usually get worked out after being presented in public like this. Either because people care about their reputations, and/or there is good advice given on how to address the situation.

A situation where the moderation team might officially step in is if it turns out someone was intentionally and literally scammed by an actual scammer (not if someone simply says they were "scammed" when there was just a disagreement of some sort or mismatched expectations). Or, possibly if someone is habitually causing problems.

In any case, I hope this situation gets worked out.

#193 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

You gonna use this response in multiple threads? It's getting old. Yes, we understand that pinsiders are not a valuable data base. But your dogs laundry habits are uninteresting.

Oh my most sincerest of apologies great sir! A single repetition… that is getting old… on Pinside nonetheless… my great goodness how horrible for you!

Yeah. Meh.

#195 1 year ago

Definitely two sides to this story. I had a lengthy conversation on the phone with Walter last night.

59F24B05-BD28-4A89-85F6-F7356B933FBD (resized).jpeg59F24B05-BD28-4A89-85F6-F7356B933FBD (resized).jpeg
    #196 1 year ago
    Quoted from frankmac:

Definitely two sides to this story. I had a lengthy conversation on the phone with Walter last night.[quoted image]

It would be really nice if he came here and told it then. The message logs that have been posted here tell a rather unflattering story and proxies coming and saying things like this aren't really doing much to rectify it

#197 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jai151:

proxies coming and saying things like this aren't really doing much to rectify it

But these are teasers setting up for Season 2 of this saga.

#198 1 year ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

But these are teasers setting up for Season 2 of this saga.

So you're telling me we've reached the part of the story where Netflix cancels the show?

#199 1 year ago
    wheres_wally (resized).pngwheres_wally (resized).png
    #200 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No.
    Why would the people who run this site want to get involved in that ?!

Because it can be made into a revenue source. $$$.

I am pretty sure that even something simple, like a Pinside Escrow service, would work well.

These machines are getting so pricey that a neutral third party entity that acts as a money gatekeeper for a fee would provide a valuable service.

There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-is-in-the-mail/page/4?hl=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.