(Topic ID: 107122)

Check fuses F114 and F115

By ryanwanger

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Getting this message from a Twilight Zone. Been reading here: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Check_fuses_F114_and_F115_message

What I've determined so far:

- The fuses themselves are good.
- I have 12V at TP3
- I have 12V at pin 10 of U20
- This is a new rottendog MPU (old one was gone, leaving only connectors with some acid damage)
- All 5 bridge rectifiers check out fine

What next?

#2 9 years ago

Does J212 or J205-J207 affect this error message at all? As in, does it matter if they're plugged into the board? I did a hasty job with the connectors while awaiting new parts.

#3 9 years ago

Quite possibly. Switch 24 comes from J206 and J208. That error shows when switch 24 is open, because it's always supposed to be closed.

Run a jumper lead from J206-2 to J208-4 and see if it goes away. The jumper would simulate the closure of switch #24.

#4 9 years ago

Switch 24 comes off the coin door plug (it's actually a diode on the coin door interface board), so if the coin door plug isn't plugged into the CPU, you'll get the F114/115 message.

These connections are all on J212 (this runs the switch row/column lines into the cabinet for Always Closed, both slam tilt switches, coin-door-closed, and the tilt bob)

1 month later
#5 9 years ago

I should have followed up with this. I re-wired all the connections (using brand new Molex instead of IDC), and it changed to the "check fuses f115 and f116 j112 and opto 12v supply" message.

Then I discovered that I had unplugged the opto board under the playfield (when unplugging everything so I could remove stuff from the top of the playfield). Plugged it in and the message was gone. All good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 12.95
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 132.00
$ 12.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-fuses-f114-and-f115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.