(Topic ID: 211537)

Check field fuse or FU1 message

By rmmdam

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

What condition (electrical, software, mechanical) can cause a "check field fuse or FU1 fuse" error message during game play when there is not a problem with either fuse? Pin is a Bally Dungeons & Dragons 6803 MPU and the error occurs randomly, sort of, but always when a ball is being held in the left or right teleport. I have checked all fuses, replaced the power board with a brand new board and replaced both opto boards in the ball trough. Switch test during diagnostic mode inbdicates all switches are open. Since the error only occurs when a ball, or balls, are held in either teleport, it seems like whatever is contolling them would have something to do with it but I am at a loss as to what to look for now. Transistor, memory chip, capacitor on the solenoid, loose connection? I have not reflowed the pins on the memory board. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

#2 6 years ago

the problem is you opto board.

1 week later
#3 6 years ago

I thought so too, but I replaced both opto boards with brand new ones. Also replaced the power board. Could a flakey chip or bad connector on the MPU cause that kind of problem? It only happens when a ball is being held in either of the two teleports.

4 years later
#4 1 year ago

Happened?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-field-fuse-or-fu1-message and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.