Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    kfydm (resized).jpg
    04fc96447bae329278602ad8e2ce400195743-wm (resized).jpg
    956 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    omg (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

To remember,
    If you order from http://mad-amusements.com/ it is possible you woll be cheatet/scamed.

regards
    Christian

#2 6 years ago

They have a very poor reputation.

#3 6 years ago

Especially known to rip off overseas customers

#4 6 years ago

dont deal with them

#5 6 years ago

We already have a very long thread about them.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Surprised they still take orders

Why not? Easy to take an order and simply not supply as seems to be the modus operandi of Mad Amusements.

He gives us "Mikes" a bad name!

#8 6 years ago

He has the "sucker born every minute" philosophy. Run away.

#9 6 years ago

Youd have to be mad to order from Mad Amusements.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

Youd have to be mad to order from Mad Amusements

Not necessarily! You can also be unsuspecting. He is very clever. He disguises his business with other names. People have bought from him and didn't even know it til they got the box.

2 weeks later
    #12 6 years ago

How is he able to cheat international buyers more than Us buyers? Doesn’t PayPal offer the same protection to everyone or does he demand wire/cash payments all the time?

10 months later
    #13 5 years ago

Dont forget...

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Why not? Easy to take an order and simply not supply

Indeed.....

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Why not? Easy to take an order and simply not supply as seems to be the modus operandi of Mad Amusements.
    He gives us "Mikes" a bad name!

Yes, mean while the first backers of Homepin from over 5years, 4months, 3 weeks, 2 days and 1hour ago are still waiting for their TBAGS

#16 5 years ago

What really saddens me about mad amusements is that they are still in business after having ripped the pinball community off so many times over the years. I can't help but feel "we" (to include myself) as the pinball community are partly responsible for them being able to survive despite their horrible business practices.

#17 5 years ago

I order from them via there website, and via eBay, and never had a problem. Maybe I have just been lucky.

#18 5 years ago

Ebay name is *pinballparts*. Yesrs ago I ordered what I thought were brand new chrome pinballs, they were simply buffed used ones. Very easy to tell by the scratches and divots all over them.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from teddyb73:

I order from them via there website, and via eBay, and never had a problem. Maybe I have just been lucky.

Dude... while not directly you are helping him rip off overseas buyers. What I mean is, it's a very well known fact he steals people's money that he knows have no recourse. Do you REALLY want to do business and support someone like that?

I'm sure whatever your looking for can be found elsewhere.

#20 5 years ago

Maybe you just don't get it!! PUN intended.......

Quoted from teddyb73:

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from teddyb73:

Not at all a cynical response.

#22 5 years ago

Make Mad Amusements great again.

#23 5 years ago

Lol. I bought a bunch of stuff from them three years ago. No problem. I wont do it again unless there is one piece I really need and absolutely nobody else has it. Then again I'm in the US so its a lower risk for me. Either way buyer beware. I wouldnt downvote someone for giving a positive review of them. Btw what ever happend to the lawsuit with them?

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from lurch:

I wouldnt downvote someone for giving a positive review of them.

It's not the review people have an issue with, he is buying from a known crook.

#25 5 years ago

Buying from him is buying from and supporting a thief.

#26 5 years ago

The first few years we were in the hobby Mike at Mad was my "go to guy" for parts. But after seeing the first negative comment about him I thought long and hard about using him again. Then as I saw more & more issues with international transactions & Mad I decided I would never do business with a guy like that again. Sadly some people don't understand supporting him is allowing him to continue to screw people over. PLEASE think twice before ordering from him.

#27 5 years ago

Not only has it been reported several times that he accepts payment for items from international buyers that never get shipped to them, it has also been documented that he hasn't paid suppliers on multiple occasions.

Even if he has the last one of something that can't be obtained anywhere else, he is still on my perminent do-not-buy-from list.

I can't understand why some people still insist on doing business with him despite the well-known and documented business practices that keep on being repeated and end up hurting fellow pinheads.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

It's not the review people have an issue with, he is buying from a known crook.

Quoted from Mitch:

Fair enough. From that standpoint you are right..... Youve changed my mind. Ill not buy from him again.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Buying from Mad is basically the same as buying a stolen lawnmower from a neighbor when you know he stole it from one of your other neighbors. The pinball community is like any other community and should stand united against a known thief. It is sad because Mike always seemed to have pretty good prices and was never an issue to deal with but once you learn what he has done to both customers & suppliers everyone needs to realize this guy is a guy we don't need in our community.

The only way to put an end to Mad is to stand united and boycott buying anything from him. If everyone does that he will not last long!

#31 5 years ago

Until robin keeps this warning stickied, it will keep happening

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from teddyb73:

He mainly screws people outside of the USA over. Deadbeats like this should be out of business. I ordered stuff from them on accident via eBay ... I won't make that mistake again.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from eh97ac:

Until robin keeps this warning stickied, it will keep happening

This is a great idea but i'm not sure if your allowed to do it legally? ie Robin would technically be damaging his business (and for good reason) but could mad amusements come back with a law suit against Robin for loss of business? i'm not sure how it all works, but know you need to be careful in there areas these days!!! I am sure all the forum lawyers would be able to explain what can and cant be done correctly

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

This is a great idea but i'm not sure if your allowed to do it legally? ie Robin would technically be damaging his business (and for good reason) but could mad amusements come back with a law suit against Robin for loss of business? i'm not sure how it all works, but know you need to be careful in there areas these days!!! I am sure all the forum lawyers would be able to explain what can and cant be done correctly

Good point.

3 months later
    #35 5 years ago

Mad amusements… A.k.a. pinball part is up to the same old garbage! Now it’s not just an international orders

1 week later
    #36 4 years ago
    Quoted from teddyb73:

I ordered a part that was NOS but when it came it was the wrong color. He then said he had these made to match. I asked then how NOS and they don’t match. I bought this on eBay from the seller PinballParts which in turn is Mad. He then blocked me as buyer and I could not leave a review. He is a scammer. Avoid bad guy!!!

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

I ordered a part that was NOS but when it came it was the wrong color. He then said he had these made to match. I asked then how NOS and they don’t match. I bought this on eBay from the seller PinballParts which in turn is Mad. He then blocked me as buyer and I could not leave a review. He is a scammer. Avoid bad guy!!!

Put in a claim for "item not as described".

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Put in a claim for "item not as described".

O I did. He just lied to eBay and said it was me and he sent the right item. I got to keep the $5 part for free but could not leave a review.

3 months later
    #39 4 years ago

Just so y’all know, this is still happening. This week... to me!

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mskaties:

Where are you located?

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mskaties:

How much did you get screwed out of?

#42 4 years ago

Everybody affected please contact me. This is coming to head now. He finally found someone who wouldn’t quit fighting! Please let everyone know to message me!

#43 4 years ago

I’m surprised that guy hadn’t gotten kneecapped by now....

#44 4 years ago

Does still have any stock?
    Last time I went to his site just about
    everything was OOS.
    If your a foreign buyer don't go hear!

#45 4 years ago

I was one of the lucky ones a year or so ago, as when I went to place an online order from Mad, when processing payment I got an error message back from his website. He emailed me the following: "For shipping to Canada, we can only accept a bank wire transfer or Western Union for payment, which is why you received the error message on the website. We cannot accept PayPal or credit cards."

That email made my spidey senses tingle and I dug in a bit and found these Pinside threads. Sorry to hear that you were burned. Don't give up the fight - I and many others hope you are successful!

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I’m surprised that guy hadn’t gotten kneecapped by now....

This community has proven time and time again that they will continue to buy from him and that busting his kneecaps is too harsh for people. Its been posted multiple times, "buyer beware" which is NOT helpful for a lot people. I am not condoning violence but sadly, this loser will continue to do this until someone has the nuts to confront him.

#48 4 years ago

I ordered form them domestically and had no problems. It's been stated many times over the years that he doesn't like doing business internationally. So if you are, don't order from them.

Added over 5 years ago:

I

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I ordered form them domestically and had no problems. It's been stated many times over the years that he doesn't like doing business internationally. So if you are, don't order from them.

Very helpful for the thousands of pinheads not on Pinside. You should feel proud your supporting a thief. At least you got yours.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Very helpful for the thousands of pinheads not on Pinside. You should feel proud your supporting a thief. At least you got yours.

Thanks for flaming me for telling you my experience! When I ordered from him years ago, I didn't know any of this. Had I known, I wouldn't have.

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cheated-by-mad-amusements-mad-amusements?hl=canadianpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.