Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    kfydm (resized).jpg
    04fc96447bae329278602ad8e2ce400195743-wm (resized).jpg
    956 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    omg (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago

Not an attempt to flame anyone and this is not directed at any comments made - but regardless of nationality, this community should not be supporting a person/business who behaves like this. Instead we should be supporting the greater pinball community and make sure no one becomes a victim of this bullshit. Which is why threads like this are important here, and important in other forums to gain more exposure to pinheads who don’t frequent pinside.

Thumbs up to the people who report and share these experiences. The only thing to be gained is potentially saving someone else from the same fate.

#52 4 years ago

First things first. Someone should buy madamusements.com it's available because the guy is clearly to much of an idiot to protect the domain name. Secondly buy a cheap hosting package and create a page that lists everyone that's been scammed. Make sure it's all related to pin all so the crawlers Index it. Third make sure this entire community visits the site once to get the best odds that is shows up before the real site.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Thanks for flaming me for telling you my experience! When I ordered from him years ago, I didn't know any of this. Had I known, I wouldn't have.

What people are saying is that you order from him now. What makes you want to support this type of person now as opposed to years ago? There is more evidence Mike is a crook than ever.

#54 4 years ago

I've ordered a few things over the years from Mad. Never had a problem... yes I am a US resident. I decided to test the waters and bought from pinballparts on Ebay a couple days ago. Full 4 flipper rebuild kit for my Addams. It was shipped the very next day and I received 2 days later. Everything was there. So, it occurred to me to look at their eBay ratings. 100% and over 11000 ratings? That's not easy to pull off. I'm sorry a few people have gotten screwed, but in the future use PayPal, pay the additonal cost and you're almost assuredly guaranteed to get your money back.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

First things first. Someone should buy madamusements.com it's available because the guy is clearly to much of an idiot to protect the domain name. Secondly buy a cheap hosting package and create a page that lists everyone that's been scammed. Make sure it's all related to pin all so the crawlers Index it. Third make sure this entire community visits the site once to get the best odds that is shows up before the real site.

It appears someone bought the domain

#56 4 years ago

I see Mad-Amusments.com has a storefront with pinball parts. Is this the same guy / company? They are up and running under that web address...

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

I've ordered a few things over the years from Mad. Never had a problem... yes I am a US resident. I decided to test the waters and bought from pinballparts on Ebay a couple days ago. Full 4 flipper rebuild kit for my Addams. It was shipped the very next day and I received 2 days later. Everything was there. So, it occurred to me to look at their eBay ratings. 100% and over 11000 ratings? That's not easy to pull off. I'm sorry a few people have gotten screwed, but in the future use PayPal, pay the additonal cost and you're almost assuredly guaranteed to get your money back.

Way to support a criminal.

#58 4 years ago

His site is mad-amusements.com

#59 4 years ago

What i can’t understand is with so many better choices for parts suppliers why people need to order from him at all. I order a shit ton of parts and never had to even look at Mad’s site for anything. Flipper rebuild kits - Seriously? If they are cheaper through Mad, i wonder who is subsidizing that??!! every other person who he steals from is my guess...

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

The first few years we were in the hobby Mike at Mad was my "go to guy" for parts. But after seeing the first negative comment about him I thought long and hard about using him again. Then as I saw more & more issues with international transactions & Mad I decided I would never do business with a guy like that again. Sadly some people don't understand supporting him is allowing him to continue to screw people over. PLEASE think twice before ordering from him.

agreed, I used to buy all my parts at mad, he had the best prices. now I wouldn't buy a screw from that thief.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Completist:

What i can’t understand is with so many better choices for parts suppliers why people need to order from him at all. I order a shit ton of parts and never had to even look at Mad’s site for anything. Flipper rebuild kits - Seriously? If they are cheaper through Mad, i wonder who is subsidizing that??!! every other person who he steals from is my guess...

Same here. I help run a commercial route and buy parts for the games all the time. It’s probably been 3 or 4 of years since I visited his site. I think I bought something a long time ago before I found out he’s a thief.

#62 4 years ago

It's probably been 6 years or so since I bought anything from him. He had certain parts cheaper than anyone else, and some parts no one else had. Never a problem with him.

#63 4 years ago

Can someone please point me to another vendor that sells quality lime disease products?

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Can someone please point me to another vendor that sells quality lime disease products?

welcome back! you were missed!!!!

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Roundup will work!

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

What people are saying is that you order from him now. What makes you want to support this type of person now as opposed to years ago? There is more evidence Mike is a crook than ever.

Where did I say I support him now? Go back and read what I said. I would never support him now knowing this. I wouldn't have then! Do you actually think I would give my money to someone known for ripping people off? Now my feedback profile is trashed over a misunderstanding! Thanks everyone!

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Now my feedback profile is trashed over a misunderstanding!

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
    #68 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

How is 95.8% trashed?

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

How is 95.8% trashed?

Around here it's the other 4.2% that can really throw a wrench in your gears.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And gold for investment purposes.....

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Startek2:

[quoted image]

If your talking to me, a feedback profile matters when you want to sell a pinball machine through Pinside. It's an indicator of your reputation.

#73 4 years ago

I'll vouch for you.

You've got years to build up a real reputation.

#74 4 years ago

Rule #1.. Be Nice = Still Get Flamed!
    kfydm (resized).jpgkfydm (resized).jpg

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I see we have some real douche bags on this thread!! This is how you treat new members to the forum?

Welcome to pinside!

Like the big city, we have good areas and bad areas. You quickly learn what threads to avoid unless you like this kind of thing.

#76 4 years ago

No. I thought Pinball was supposed to be fun! Silly me.
    …...And they thumb this down!

04fc96447bae329278602ad8e2ce400195743-wm (resized).jpg04fc96447bae329278602ad8e2ce400195743-wm (resized).jpg
    #77 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

If your talking to me, a feedback profile matters when you want to sell a pinball machine through Pinside. It's an indicator of your reputation.

Never thought of it that way. Also have never thought of looking at someones down vote ratio to consider buying a game from them or not. Hell I haven't checked my own down vote ratio in a couple years.
    Personally I just check price vs condition and if it's in driving distance.

Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I see we have some real douche bags on this thread!! This is how you treat new members to the forum?

You're not really helping yourself on that one.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Never thought of it that way. Also have never thought of looking at someones down vote ratio to consider buying a game from them or not. Hell I haven't checked my own down vote ratio in a couple years.
    Personally I just check price vs condition and if it's in driving distance.

You're not really helping yourself on that one.

Ya. I was probably giving a shit for nothing!

Now I know why Vid left!

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ya. I was probably giving a shit for nothing!
    Maybe not , but a douche is a douche! There everywhere! Now I know why Vid left!

Bad grammar doesn’t score any positive points here either FYI so be careful

#80 4 years ago

Ya down votes dont effect me buying a game of someone.
    Now Bad feedback that's the only thing that matters.

#81 4 years ago
    Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
    #82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

No. I thought Pinball was supposed to be fun! Silly me.

Pinball IS fun.

Pinside is it’s own thing. Like David S. Pumpkins.

Deal with it!

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Pinball IS fun.
    Deal with it!

956 (resized).jpg956 (resized).jpg
    #84 4 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Welcome to pinside!
    Like the big city, we have good areas and bad areas. You quickly learn what threads to avoid unless you like this kind of thing.

Where are the bad areas, I like living on ths edge!

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Where are the bad areas, I like living on ths edge!

Any threads complaining about something - Stern, vendors, Pinside, other players putting totes on things...

Any threads involving "Kaneda"

"I'm leaving" threads

Overpriced for sale threads - They're imamaculate!

"Please delete"

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

"Please delete"

That hurts!!!

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Any threads complaining about something - Stern, vendors, Pinside, other players putting totes on things...

Any threads involving "Kaneda"

"I'm leaving" threads

Overpriced for sale threads - They're imamaculate!

"Please delete"

So....pretty much everything!

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

That hurts!!!

Hey hey hey, I was telling him if he likes the madness he should go there!

Quoted from spfxted:

So....pretty much everything!

Some of the game club threads are pretty useful, and we have some good tech sections... plus there is no better place to learn about useless mods.

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Hey hey hey, I was telling him if he likes the madness he should go there!

Whew, you know how long it took me to come up with that thread??

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Whew, you know how long it took me to come up with that thread??

It is your magnum opus, sir.

1 week later
    #91 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Your advice here in this situation is worthless

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mskaties:

Everybody affected please contact me. This is coming to head now. He finally found someone who wouldn’t quit fighting! Please let everyone know to message me!

It's about time, take him down!!

#93 4 years ago

When I first got into pinball a few years ago, I think I ordered 2 or 3 times from Mad since he had a few things I couldn't find anywhere else at the time. I had an expected experience, and received my parts as described an in time. However, since then I've read so many complaints here in multiple threads that I've come to believe that there must be something legitimate about all of these complaints. As a result, I now choose not to order from Mad (or eBay equivalent), and don't even consider them when I need something.

However, I'm sure there are thousands of people who are once like I was. They don't frequent Pinside, and even if they do they are new enough to the hobby or just casual owners who don't take the time to venture across threads like this.

#94 4 years ago

Seeing quite a number of parts on his site being out of stock, I would imagine there are particular vendors that won't deal with Mike anymore. Too bad they all don't feel this way. It'd be pretty tough to sell what you don't have.

1 year later
    #95 3 years ago

I just had a bad experience with this scum bag on eBay. He had an item listed with buy it now. I sent a message asking if he would take a lower price and he declined which is fine. I then tried to buy it now at his listed price and he blocked me. What a dick. I have bought items before from his website. I’ll NEVER buy anything from Mad Amusements again.

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I just had a bad experience with this scum bag on eBay. He had an item listed with buy it now. I sent a message asking if he would take a lower price and he declined which is fine. I then tried to buy it now at his listed price and he blocked me. What a dick. I have bought items before from his website. I’ll NEVER buy anything from Mad Amusements again.

The fact that you kept buying from him all along makes your post a joke. So NOW he is a scum bag to you because you couldn't buy what you wanted knowing all along that Mike D. of Mad Amusements is a fricking thief?

To be fair Lethal_Inc makes the claim that he did not know pinballparts on Ebay was Mad Amusements.

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

The fact that you kept buying from him all along makes your post a joke. So NOW he is a scum bag to you because you couldn't buy what you wanted knowing all along that Mike D. of Mad Amusements is a fricking thief?
    You are an 8 yr member of Pinside, don't try and play the "I didn't know".

The guy said he's NOW had this bad experience. He doesn't mentioned having had PRIOR bad experiences and continuing to buy.

I think your post is a tad harsh bro.

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What item were you looking at? Curious

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

The guy said he's NOW had this bad experience. He doesn't mentioned having had PRIOR bad experiences and continuing to buy.
    I think your post is a tad harsh bro.

I think post 98 is a tad harsh

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cheated-by-mad-amusements-mad-amusements/page/2?hl=mark66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.