(Topic ID: 20055)

Cheapest place online to buy pinball glass?

By Scuba_Steve

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by johnwartjr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Anyone know who sells tempered treated glass that doesn’t charge $50 for shipping?
    The shipping alone is what kills it for me. Especially when you can typically get it at pin shows for $20. I would wait for the next show to come through but that won’t be until March 2013!

#2 11 years ago

um shipping is going to be expensive for glass products, just saying the obvious. Think about it you want a sheet of glass to be shipped to you in one piece right?

#3 11 years ago

any local glass shop can do it fore you. Shouldn't cost more than 35.00.

#4 11 years ago

I called and got quotes from several glass shops in my area and they all were pretty expensive. In the end, it was much cheaper to order the 2 pack from pinball life. I think it was around $95 dollars shipped for two

#5 11 years ago

I would call a few shops. I can get a piece of 1/4" Starphire glass (low iron) for like $88. Starphire costs a good bit more then regular float glass. Make sure you ask them for a seamed edge (sanded edges) and nothing like beveled or anything else. When you start having edgework done on glass the price will jump up a lot. On that $88 piece of Statphire it jumped up to $176 when I asked about a beveled edge.

For that 1/4" Starphire one shop quoted me $140 and another quoted me $88.

#6 11 years ago

Pinball Life

#7 11 years ago

this guy is not too too far from you http://www.pinballglass.com/id25.html

#8 11 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ve called local glass shops and it’s almost as expensive as having it shipped. The cheapest I’ve found was Pinball Life. They are currently closed until Friday and was curious if anyone else could beat that price.

For such a simple component of a pinball machine it is such an essential piece to have new. I can’t stand scratches on my games. Almost every game I’ve ever bought is as if someone used the glass as a cutting board.

#9 11 years ago

+1, called two local shops, Pinball Life beat the price by about $10/sheet including shipping, and the PL glass is dead PERFECT.

#10 11 years ago

Steve, I had the exact same experience here. I'll ask in the DFW Pinball Club if anyone knows.

#11 11 years ago

marcospecialties.com sells them, and shipping is reasonable. My Embryon PF glass is $89 plus 12.99 for 3 day fedex. Thats for a widebody glass too.

Still gonna research local guys though, it cant be that expensive can it??

#12 11 years ago

Check with Doc Doom to see if he's still doing it--I got two standard sheets shipped to my door about 1.5 years ago for $68:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/7bbd7c38c7aa63d3/eba56e43eb72dafa?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=docdoom+glass#eba56e43eb72dafa

#13 11 years ago

Call "Fun!" in Mesquite. I've bought glass from them before. Not sure if it's always in stock.

#14 11 years ago

Terry@ pinball life

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

Call "Fun!" in Mesquite. I've bought glass from them before. Not sure if it's always in stock.

That's interesting...even if it was 40-50 bucks would be cheaper than shipping. Thanks.

#16 11 years ago

See if any Pinsiders local to you have an extra sheet available for sale.
    I was fortunate enough to get a common tempered sheet that way for less than $30.
    Note that person I bought glass from got several sheets at a pinball expo/festival.

#17 11 years ago

Just checked with my local glass place across town. $42 bucks for a widebody tempered glass. Much more reasonable than the 80-90 plus shipping off Marcospecialties. Only drawback is they have to order it, but the price is more than reasonable for a widebody glass. standard pin glass prolly be less.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from stevebighead:

any local glass shop can do it fore you. Shouldn't cost more than 35.00.

Not in my area. But I did by a Sheet from Phoog and it was $37 and he delivered to me also. best I was able to find as far as price. Since he was a member here and into pinball he knew his stuff. Usually glass shops look at you confused when you say its for a pinball machine.

#19 11 years ago

My local glass shop was expensive when I needed a sheet a few years ago.

It should be 3/16 thick, not 1/4.

I stocked up when a bunch of other local collectors went in together a few years ago on a couple thousand sheets. That was back when containers were popular. It got down uber cheap - and I still have a few sheets left luckily.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cheapest-place-online-to-buy-pinball-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.