• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mbaumle
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

So I just finished shopping a beat taxi I picked up recently. I replaced most of the bulbs (except flashers) with LED. I have about a half dozen that are ghosting. They are dimly lit and have some slight flicker.
My question is, is there any way to remedy this besides non-ghosting leds? The cheaper the better as I am already at my limit for the budget on this pin.

#2 3 years ago

damn I clicked on this thread thinking it was a solution to stop system 11 ghosting . I have this issue to. I've just grown used to it..... kinda.

#3 3 years ago

Im sure there is something simple that can be done. What is inside a "non-ghosting" led? Just a resistor? A diode?
Yeah I can live with it but im sure it can be resolved in a simple way. Figured I would ask here before experimenting.

#4 3 years ago

pinballlife has a clearence on their old ghosting LEDs http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=98&pg=1

#5 3 years ago

Cheapest solution.

image_(resized).jpeg

#6 3 years ago

I just buy non ghosting bulbs from comet and no issues.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I just buy non ghosting bulbs from comet and no issues.

Yes, comets are cheap and work great

#8 3 years ago

Check out LED OCD.

#9 3 years ago

I have comet cheapies in my system 11's and love it

#10 3 years ago

I will order some from Comet on my next order. I just got a order in last week...oh well.

#11 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure most Led sellers get their leds from the same manufacturer.. at least that's what I've heard.

I've ordered tons from cointaker, but now I go with comets. Both great quality, but Comets are much cheaper and the owner goes way out of his way to help you, etc. Nothing against cointaker at all though. Also great~!

#12 3 years ago

LED OCD looks like a great product but not for this machine. Like I said, I hit the ceiling of the budget on this one. I may get one for my bad cats when I swap the playfield and LED it. Might be useful on my Black Knight as well.

#13 3 years ago

Has anyone experimented with different transistors / ttl chips? like say.... I wonder if 74F series will turn on and off faster that makes any difference in ghosting.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Has anyone experimented with different transistors / ttl chips? like say.... I wonder if 74F series will turn on and off faster that makes any difference in ghosting.

This is what I want to know. It would be a great fix

#15 3 years ago

In confused here guys. I just buy non ghosting bulbs and that seems to fix ghosting.

What am I missing?

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

In confused here guys. I just buy non ghosting bulbs and that seems to fix ghosting.
What am I missing?

Buying all new leds is not as cheap as replacing a $2 transitior.

#17 3 years ago

Gotcha.

So this is a remedy to an already ledded machine that has non ghosting bulbs. I see.

#18 3 years ago

Couldn't you just solder a resistor in series across the LED(s) in question? Not sure what value you'd need, but it'd be a quick 'n dirty way to keep the load higher to prevent ghosting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 21.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 399.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside