3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by weaverj
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

man, i'm trying to find a good used golden tee setup for my basement and i'm having a hard time. i want a pedestal setup, and i'd like to get one for $1500 max. is that even doable? i built my own mame cab, so that's an option, too.

#2 3 years ago

depends on what year you are looking for. you can always buy the stand-up cabinet, cut the top section off and make it into a pedestal game.

i have some machines in the warehouse, but shipping will probably be a couple hundred dollars on top of the cost of the machine.

christopher

#3 3 years ago

I have not seen a pedestal go for that low. Even is you find one you have to pay $500-$700 to update it to 2016 to get all the courses and closets to the pin game. These have been sitting in a bar in use for years also. Keep in mind of you find a 2014 for $2400 it may be a 2011 unit that came out in 2010 with an update to 2014.

Brand new delivered is $3500 for my 2016 home pedestal. It has 55 courses and you can do online if you pay $100 a year. You and your guests players can get cards for free. It is a hit with with everyone. My 7 year old daughter can hang and make par and an experienced player can challenge themselves to break par for 18 holes. My 10 year old son looks for "Easter eggs" while playing. A group of 4 friends playing is more fun than 4 on a pin honestly.

I did not get the stand $$$ and mounted a 42" on the wall. $3500 seems like a lot, but they hold their value well and I bet I can get $2000 for it in 5 years. If you like GT get it. If you have friends that like it also, run and get it!!! Hit up the Game room Guys. Good luck.

#4 3 years ago

i'd say 2010 or newer. i'd like to have a decent selection of courses, to keep things fresh.

#5 3 years ago

I bought a dead GT Fore 2005 for $250, but I wanted the traditional GT with the white sides. I fixed it and upgraded it to a Complete with a flash drive. I didn't really keep a tally, but I'd guess all in I'm still well under a grand.

The thing with taking an older machine like mine and outputting video to an LCD monitor is that they only output CGA and EGA, which traditional LCD TV's won't display. You're going to need a video converter and deal with any issues scaling the video up to VGA (or higher) creates.

I have kind of mixed feelings on the new versions full of people in pirate hats and other weird stuff. The old versions have "real" commentators and realistic looking golfers even though the graphics are dated.

#6 3 years ago

I bought an empty GT 1997 cabinet, cut the top off, and found a Golden Tee 2015 on eBay. (It was a 2007 but updated). Since you did the mame cab, golden tee should be a walk in the park. Got mine set up with GT 2015, silver strike bowling 2009 and target toss with darts. After everything was all over, I put out $2,367 bucks. All that is left is to bring it home and mount TV on wall and replace the overlay. Shop around and send best offer deals.

image_(resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#7 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

man, i'm trying to find a good used golden tee setup for my basement and i'm having a hard time. i want a pedestal setup, and i'd like to get one for $1500 max. is that even doable? i built my own mame cab, so that's an option, too.

lancaster.craigslist.org link

Maybe make an offer on that? Get it for a few hundred less than asking price, a couple of straight line cuts to make it like the cabinet posted above. You could sell the monitor out of it to recoup some of the cost and if Bags isn't a game you like, sell that Nitehawk to fund a Golden Tee Live version or keep Bags and play it until you find a decent price on a Golden Tee kit--they show up once in a while $800-$1,000, and they really come out of the woodwork in the fall when IT releases the new courses for the next year. Golden Tee would then be a simple plug & play to just about any LCD TV. I found a cheap Golden Tee Fore cabinet and did something similar.

#8 3 years ago

i've never seen that title. kind of funny. thanks for the link.

#9 3 years ago

Same platform. You could hook up a GT in that cabinet, same wiring. Silver Strike Bowling is similar. They also make Power Putt Golf, a miniature golf game. Try and offer on that...then get a kit. They pop up often online. Like the above states, if you get it for less the monitor has value.

#10 3 years ago

Is silver strike also the same platform I have one locally but unsure If I could drop 750-1000 and convert it into GT Complete.

I would be looking for good monitor and control response only if it can work.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Is silver strike also the same platform I have one locally but unsure If I could drop 750-1000 and convert it into GT Complete.
I would be looking for good monitor and control response only if it can work.

All newer Golden Tees, Silver Stike Bowling, Target Toss and PowerPutt all use the nighthawk system. I'm not sure if the Golden Tee complete uses the nighthawk system. I think the nighthawk started with 2005. Just ask the seller. With each kit, you get the computer, a CID(a very tiny board), and the I/O board. But they are not interchangeable. The game won't boot up if you have a golden tee computer with a silver strike CID. I had an oops moment.
After you get the golden tee kit, it's just a matter of switching up the cords. I do it enough to the point where I can change a game over in 5 minutes. That includes the boot up time

#13 3 years ago

You can get an X-Arcade Tankstick (the one with the trackball), plug it in, and get the roms from the internet. $150 bucks if you have a spare TV.

#14 3 years ago

i was never able to calibrate the ball. didn't play around with it a ton, however.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffLadder:

All newer Golden Tees, Silver Stike Bowling, Target Toss and PowerPutt all use the nighthawk system. I'm not sure if the Golden Tee complete uses the nighthawk system. I think the nighthawk started with 2005. Just ask the seller. With each kit, you get the computer, a CID(a very tiny board), and the I/O board. But they are not interchangeable. The game won't boot up if you have a golden tee computer with a silver strike CID. I had an oops moment.
After you get the golden tee kit, it's just a matter of switching up the cords. I do it enough to the point where I can change a game over in 5 minutes. That includes the boot up time

Golden Tee Complete is the older "Fore" series (2002-2006 are about the range for when these were in use), which just runs on a single board connected to its matching hard drive. Not a bad game, but since the newer Live series is dropping in price, it is probably better to just start shopping for Live. Again, buying a Golden Tee Complete machine would be of value because the Golden Tee Complete board & hard drive still brings $300 or more.

#16 3 years ago
2 months later
#17 2 years ago

anybody have any leads in the mid-atlantic area? seems like the pinballs are drying up right now, so i'm looking, again. ty.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 279.95
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 209.99
$ 45.99
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 305.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
$ 239.00
$ 10.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside