• 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by paul_8788
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

droids.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_gorilla.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 11 years ago

I admit that at times I can be naive (find the thread about the 600 dollar Big Guns bought on Ebay) and maybe at times too trusting but, with some caution, endorsements from other pinsiders goes a long way for me.

NP and TDA in CA, bemmet in CO, pincrazed and pinheadpuckguy in MN, jitney in NE, a list longer than my arm in WI and the Chicago area, BR out east...all of these people I have asked for and received personal advise from regarding sales. There was even a time when I asked someone in Wisconsin to check a game out that was on location. He did. I bought.

What I am getting at is "he is a great, trustworthy pinhead" actually means something coming from SOME people.

For that matter, pinballwizard, I haven't heard much from you, so how do I know you aren't in cahoots with those that agree with you to try and get a better deal on a pin?? I am kidding but where does trust and distrust begin/end? How do I know that a group on people going on and on about something they agree about...isn't just one person with many id's? Think it can't happen? At this point...I KNOW it CAN. Though I am not saying it DOES happen....

Another thing at issue is everyone's idea of condition. Shopped means something way different to many of us. I suppose it is like cleaning a room, brushing your teeth? Whatever. Your idea of clean isn't necessarily mine. I have purchased a recently shopped machine from another pinhead that I wouldn't play until I cleaned. I never said a word to him. It probably was shopped in his world.

I have gone to local parties and wondered how in the hell someone could invite someone over to play when the games were in that condition. I imagine in his opinion, they were great. I have been to parties (thanks again, tatman) where the machines were so pristine, I wondered why someone would let me play them!

The problem....? Which person is on the other end of the sale??? If it is a long distance purchase, I would like the other person and his machine verified by someone I trust.

I do admit some of the prices here have been beyond ridiculous. I say this with wonder because I have ripped on price police for some time.

However, and this is a point that I can't seem to explain, I don't get some peoples adherence to some price guides "average selling price". OK, yes I get it. Do YOU get this....?

Average price = average machine.

I say this because I received several PM's on a few sales that indicated their opinion was that my prices were several $100 above average. I indicate yes, and this machine IS several $100 above average in condition and value. BUT...how do YOU the buyer know that???? Well, you have to trust me. Sucks. I know. Why would you? I would only trust a handful (ok 2 handfuls) of people here on the exact condition of a machine being as described. It is hard to agree to a certain standard.

I am picky. I sold a game to someone who is pickier than ME! I got shown things that I don't consider when I own games. It educated me. (thanks)

I also appreciate trying to protect the "noobs" I was one (am one?) only recently.

Unfortunately, as this site grows, there will be more and more people of suspicious character that will take advantage of the laid back, happy go lucky style of this forum. That sucks. I hope we do keep them in line. I like this little nirvana of pinballdom.

SO, yes, we need to call out asinine sales threads. But we must also acknowledge the rising prices as of late and the fact that a well shopped, excellent machine is worth a dollar or two more than a beater with peanut butter on the flipper handles and autographs from 3 year olds on the side.

I can't even remember if I have said all that came to my mind when I read this thread. I have probably written more than most people will read so I say goodbye

#33 11 years ago

Dang....that was novel. I about spit milk after I hit enter!

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I don't know about this buddy system you repeatedly reference. For me it works like this: I will not buy a used game I haven't seen in person or that hasn't been vouched for by someone whose opinion I trust. If that means I'm part of some clandestine buddy system then so be it.

If you don't like Robert's price, send him an offer. This isn't complicated stuff!

And one last thing...+142.96

#40 11 years ago

Oh man, Erik, I do not really want to share THAT time with you....

#56 11 years ago

I will give you a nickel for your two cents. Prices are higher here in the midwest.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_gorilla.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cheap-pins-on-ebay-ie-4k-lotr-huo?tu=the_gorilla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.