Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Pinstym
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#2 8 years ago

Aaand the seller's inbox is probably toast now.

#3 8 years ago

Heck of a deal but the drive would be a killer on my back.

Steve

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Heck of a deal but the drive would be a killer on my back.
Steve

Yup, I passed on it when I saw it pop up earlier. It would've been a bit of a long drive for me too. I really would have liked a system 80A like this to complete my line up of major Gottlieb systems. But, I'm sure someone else will be happy with it.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Not mine. Asking $250
cnj.craigslist.org link

Don't do this. All you did was light up the sellers inbox and there is a good chance whoever was going to get a deal won't. Seller will either start a pseudo auction or jack up his price. Worst is when he backs out while the buyer is in transit. I know you meant well, but its just a bad idea.

#6 8 years ago

Yeah, I really like my Alien Star, it's a keeper. I think/hope someone got a great deal. If you like 80A's you should also look for a Rack-Em-Up if you don't have one yet, another overlooked but hard to find game.

Steve

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yup, I passed on it when I saw it pop up earlier. it would've been a bit of a long drive for me too. I really would have liked a system 80A like this to complete my line up of major Gottlieb systems. I'm sure someone will be happy with it.

#7 8 years ago

I cannot tell what is going on with the lower 2 displays...are they missing?

#8 8 years ago

I thought it looked like they were removed.

Steve

Quoted from Robotoes:

I cannot tell what is going on with the lower 2 displays...are they missing?

#9 8 years ago

Aaand the ad is gone.

Quoted from blownfuse:

Yeah, I really like my Alien Star, it's a keeper. I think/hope someone got a great deal. If you like 80A's you should also look for a Rack-Em-Up if you don't have one yet, another overlooked but hard to find game.
Steve

Almost all the machines I have are listed in my profile. It's not a big collection yet. It's miniscule compared to your expansive collection

I'm basically trying to get one of each system type to learn on and slowly work my way up to more complicated machines. I'm hoping to be able to get a 90s DMD at some point, but they're so darn expensive.

#10 8 years ago

Great sound fx and on my wish list, wish I'd seen this earlier. How nice did it look in pictures?

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Great sound fx and on my wish list, wish I'd seen this earlier. How nice did it look in pictures?

Looked decent, but it's hard to tell from those low-res craigslist photos. I wish craigslist would allow high-res photos.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I wish craigslist would allow high-res photos.

agreed. i always try and click on them, no matter how many times i do, i never learn.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Don't do this. All you did was light up the sellers inbox and there is a good chance whoever was going to get a deal won't. Seller will either start a pseudo auction or jack up his price. Worst is when he backs out while the buyer is in transit. I know you meant well, but its just a bad idea.

The game was mine at 250. First to contact. No problem. Nice chat. Before I get a chance to fart, the guy gets back to me and says he was just offered 350 and wants to know if I'm still interested. Hilarious. Your pseudo auction already started. So yeah, I'll do this... and I hope the same exact thing happens to the $350 dbag.

#14 8 years ago

what you should have done was offered the seller 1200. Up the ante, if others want it make them pay.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

what you should have done was offered the seller 1200. Up the ante, if others want it make them pay.

No reason to offer him something I'm not willing to pay. Maybe he pulls his ad immediately because he thinks that offer is true.

The reason the seller gave me for trying to get as much as he can after being offered $350 sounded pretty legit. Hopefully my link helped him get at least more than that

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

The game was mine at 250. First to contact. No problem. Nice chat. Before I get a chance to fart, the guy gets back to me and says he was just offered 350 and wants to know if I'm still interested. Hilarious. Your pseudo auction already started. So yeah, I'll do this... and I hope the same exact thing happens to the $350 dbag.

Wait, so if you went after it, why would you post it here and open it up competition? You probably cost yourself $100 by doing that.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wait, so if you went after it, why would you post it here and open it up competition? You probably cost yourself $100 by doing that.

It read to me that once the seller called him back and told him he had an offer for $350, OP told him to shove it.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

It read to me that once the seller called him back and told him he had an offer for $350, OP told him to shove it.

Oh, I see--missed that when I skimmed earlier. Posting it here probably only helped the seller with his pseudo-auction.

#19 8 years ago

I didn't tell him to shove it. I have no bad feelings for the seller.
EDIT... yes, I hope posting here helped the seller.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Madison, WI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cheap-alien-star-on-central-nj-cl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.