Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jrivelli
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CoinTakers_New_Directional_Flashers_00.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dommer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Does anyone know of a place to get 89 LED lights for less than about $4 a pop? I've been wanting to upgrade the one's in my pinbot (especially the topper), but the price gets kinda steep. Is there any DIY way to make them? I'm guessing they are just an LED and a resistor in a nice little casing.

#11 11 years ago

My main reason for wanting to get them on my pinbot is mostly for the ones under the visor. Since those stay on during multiball, they get pretty hot, which i think might have caused the visor to get a concave warp. The topper would be nice just because its a pain in the butt to switch them. I'll prolly get some just for the visor and see how they work out.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

The ones under the visor aren't supposed to be 89's. If you have them in there that would be why the plastic is warped. Replace them with 1251's. Those are 24 volt bulbs and 89's are 12v so they will get hot as hell. The 1251's aren't as bright, but wont warp stuff when left on.

was thinking that might be the issue. i looked through the manual but didn't seen anything that listed bulb types. maybe i missed it? do you know how i can find out correct bulb type for sockets?

#19 11 years ago

Also, the 89s in my topper have 'LX89' on them. Are these just regular 89s or do i need to get a specific type?

#22 11 years ago

thanks for the help zippydapinhead! i have to order some eject shields, so i'll grab some when i order those. i'll probably grab a couple 89 LEDs just to experiment with. if i like them, i'll get some from cointakers, since they have good prices (and good shipping prices too).

also, curious if a heat gun be able to heat the warped visor just enough to pop it back into its original shape?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dommer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cheap-89-leds?tu=Dommer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.