2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by smohr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210824_142749 (resized).jpg
    20210824_143122 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Im trying to figure out if the correct coil is on the bat assembly for my Chicago Coin All Stars P&B.

From what I can tell, the label reads... 184-84
    The schematic reads ... S-24-750

Im just wondering if the 184-84 is not strong enough to hit the ball over the upper deck wall...

Any thoughts
    Thanks
    Steve

20210824_142749 (resized).jpg20210824_142749 (resized).jpg20210824_143122 (resized).jpg20210824_143122 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

I swapped out the coil (184-8?) in the bat assembly to what the schematic notes (S-24-750). First pitch with the new coil in... Home Run... With the previous coil I was only able to hit the wall but never go over...

thanks

1 month later
    #3 2 years ago

E-184-84 is assuredly a weaker coil. It has a smaller gauge wire (25 AWG, vs 24 AWG) and is significantly more turns.

Andrew

2 months later
    #4 2 years ago

I was reading your post and noticed a picture of part of the schematic. I am working on a cc All Stars and am in desperate need of a schematic. Have been searching for days. Marco Specialties said they had one but it was for an All star and the wrong one. Can anyone help???

#5 2 years ago

Pm sent

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chcago-coin-all-stars-pitch-amp-bat-coil-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.