(Topic ID: 249377)

Chattanooga Pinball Museum- Shout Out!

By PIN_GROOM

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Just wanted to give a shout out to the very nice folks at the Chattanooga Pinball Museum!

The wife and I ran down there last weekend for a little R&R and to play some ball. The place and the people were great. They have a wide variety of games (exhibits) from many different time periods most of which are playable. There is a $15 cover charge to get in and the games are all on free play.

I learned that they had an Orbitor 1 on location and I had really been wanting to play one. The little lady and I needed a break from real life, so I contacted the fine folks at the museum to be sure the game was up and running at that time. They were very responsive and helpful, contacting me to let me know up to the last minute that it was available to play.

We arrived Saturday afternoon and checked into the Read Hotel, which was VERY nice and "affordable" relative to the neighboring hotels. Hampton or The Read... No contest. The Read Hotel. I'm sure the Hampton is fine, but the Read is a fine historic (and recently restored) hotel.

We proceeded to the Chattanooga Pinball Museum about 4 blocks away and had a really nice afternoon playing the broad variety of games on the floor. All of the games that were turned on played nicely. After a few hours of play, we ran over for dinner at an unremarkable, but good "Brazilian" all you can eat joint and returned to the museum afterward for some more play time. There's no charge for re-entry.

The Museum serves alcohol but doesn't have a "barcade" vibe at all, and is very family friendly.

In all, I would highly recommend this destination for a weekend getaway if you're at all close.

#2 4 years ago

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll be in Chattanooga for work later this week and was wondering about this stop. I’ll definitely stop by.

#3 4 years ago

We went last month. Super nice folks. It’s a must see for any pinsider in the area.

1 week later
    #4 4 years ago

I just visited the Classic Arcade Pinball Museum for #NationalPinballDay on August 1st and connected with Walter Schaffeld to talk about the origins of this great location! I made a video to show off some of the machines you can play and feature the history of this spot.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chattanooga-pinball-museum-shout-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.