Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by rlevin
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    macdaniel-macleod-mr-t-stacey-hellzapo.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rlevin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

I'm still yet to see someone say he deserved this. Okay, the Karma is a bitch statement, may be close, but not saying he's glad his building burned down.
    I think many fires are fishy, especially in a tough economy. I've known people that have torched vehicles to get out of a loan. He has overpriced pins (12k TAF, 6K RCT ect.) and from his feedback has never sold one pin on Ebay, so it looks like business is pretty bad.

OK I have to chim in. This has been our best year yet over 700k in sales and the last 2 months have broke records. Business is good. As for a Addams for 12k that is where it needs to be. Avg cost on a unshopped TAF is 6k now add new display,new MPU,new artwork,new ramps and plastics, LED's leg hardware and labor and tehm the cost of the game. We used to buy these for 1500.00 to 2500.00 and now we are at ove 4k just for the game plus shipping. We have to make a profit and cannot compete with the guys that sell out of their garage. 1 post said all these people we screwed line them up and I will fix it. I hate seeing any pinball sell I want to keep them all. I am very lucky to be able to make a living dooing this it is a labor of love. My karma is good and I do everthing I can to make that good karma.

#71 11 years ago

OK what do you value a unshopped TAF and a shopped one

#79 11 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

As someone who is seriously considering buying one in 2013, I'd go up to $4500 for one with no major issues. For one that needs significant work, I'd go $2000 - 2500, but there are a lot of variables there.
    I'm not too concerned about shopped vs. unshopped since I'm capable of doing that stuff myself. I realize my price range may not be realistic, but I'm much more patient than when I first started buying pins earlier this year. I also realize there's something to be said for being able to walk into a store and buy a pin as opposed to spending months stalking Craigslist and Mr. Pinball, networking through friends/family, etc., but $12k is insane.

I would rather not sell any of my pins and keep them all, sorry you did not like our store but come by the warehouse I have 210 pins there and we can pin chat. No hard feelings and I know a lot about pins and know what they sell for but I do not know everything and I am always open to suggestions

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wahchintonka:

You need a little education on supply and demand. You had two Addams in your shop for 9k since at least May and then decide that they should be at 12k. What is the reason for the extra 3k? Yes, Addams is an incredibly popular pin, but what makes you think that if they didn't sell at 9k they should then be priced at 12k?
    From the experience of when we were in your store, your staff determines how much a pin should sell for by going onto to eBay to see what some are listed at, speaks badly about any pinball we ask about (that you don't have) and then spends an hour trying to push us into a pinball we stated multiple times that we did not want simply because you have it there.
    I know you came on here to defend your store, but your prices and your staff is why my wife and I and my in-laws have bought four pinballs since June and not a single one from you. I am sorry for your loss in the fire, but that doesn't change the fact that you run a poor business.

I would rather not sell any of my pins and keep them all, sorry you did not like our store but come by the warehouse I have 210 pins there and we can pin chat. No hard feelings and I know a lot about pins and know what they sell for but I do not know everything and I am always open to suggestions

#94 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

(Actually I think it is less likely a bottled reply and more likely that he realized that he quoted the wrong person in his first reply and re-did.)
    Wow, 210 pins hidden in a warehouse in town. I knew you had a lot per your CL ads, but didn't know your pin inventory was that high. I hope the insurance comes through for you properly and you are able to reopen pretty soon. I'd still love to have a local place to even see more pins, jukes, and arcade games. I know you are far too busy right now, but maybe if you got the right location you could open up a side-room arcade so that those that can't afford to buy could at least see them and help quarter by quarter with the overhead costs. Put the games out with a "50 cents per game, or take it home for $____ sign" and see how it works. If you ever want to consider it and need any marketing help, I've got a marketing degree and years of business experience, and am willing to work for pinball machines.

Please come on in and I wll give you the nickel tour of the warehouse and we can talk pins.All our pins are on free play and people call all the time just looking for a place to play. We welcome them to come in a play. Some days you think we had a fire because the parking lot is full of firetruck and police cars but they are on our pin line playing. We also have parents bring their kids in who have never played and they play for hrs. Our show room is just not a place to sell pins but the only place to play them in Chattanooga. We give people the chance play titles that they would never be able to play out in the wild. Pins are a work of art and I want to keep them all but cannot. Yes my pin prices are high but they are getting costly to buy and restore and we fully restore them and warr, them no matter where they go. If you take the time to read our eBay feed back you will see we are not the Devil.

#95 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

I've never heard of a happy customer of theirs. Only lots of unhappy ones. Hence the karma comment.

Here are a few happy ones
    ebay.com link: ws
    ebay.com link: ws

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

I have to be honest guys I bought a pin from Dale and it was in great Shape. Didn't have any issues.

Alex I miss that pinball but I am so glad you got it and it did not burn I would of been sick. Even if insurance paid for it I love that pin

#104 11 years ago

I may be a buyer for those call me 888-867-3001

#108 11 years ago
    Quoted from Fatsquatch:

For those of you who with no experience in business dealings with Dale, don't get too happy with deeming him a saint.
    There's a WHOLE LOT more going on for the dislike of him than prices. So much so, that prices are barely even a blip on the radar.
    And with that said, I still haven't had anyone tell me that they're glad his building burned down; even by people who have straight up been ripped off by him.

You know a lot about me to have never met me or step foot in my store. Line the people up who i ripped off. Put your money where your mouth is oh sorry there is not room in that mouth it is spilling out way too much BS. Shame on you for living here and never ever of taken to time to even meet me you just want to spread gossip. You act like a little girl

#110 11 years ago
    Quoted from Fatsquatch:

I've been in your place before and tried to deal with you, but you pulled a bait & switch on me, and were completely unreasonable to try to deal with. We've already been through all of this forever ago, but apparently you don't remember.
    As for all of the locals who've had trouble with business dealings with you, it's up to them if they want to air anything or not.
    And for the record, I'm not happy about the fire...AT ALL. However, when you start the name-calling and whatnot, you sure make it hard to continue with any empathy.

Empathy my ass 5 people upset out of 1000's give me a break. Your post are at best Trolling and you know it.

#115 11 years ago

Ok this thread is going way bad.
    NO I DID NOT BURN MY BUILDING DOWN

I DO LOVE THESE GAMES AND CARE ABOUT THEM

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE BUCKS

IT IS ABOUT SEEING THE FACES OF PEOPLE AS THEY WALK INTO THEIR PAST WHEN THEY COME INTO MY STORE

I KNOW THERE IS NO ROOM HERE FOR A RETAILER BECAUSE YOU GUYS THINK WE SUCK UP ALL THE PINS YOU COULD BE BUYING FOR CHEAP

FUNNY YOU BITCH ABOUT MY PRICES BUT I HAVE HAD SEVERAL OF YOU CALL ME TO SELL ME YOUR 6100.00 TAF PINS UNSHOPPED AND WANT PARTS OFF MY BURNOUT PINS

FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN ON THIS SIRE THERE IS A CLASS PROBLEM AND NO BROTHER HOOD IN THIS HOBBY HERE

EXCEPT ALEX WHO IS A HAPPY CUSTOMER FROM HERE MOST NOT BUT MOST OF YOU GUYS SHOULD BE ASHAMED

LOOK AT THE VIDEO GUYS ON KLOV THAT IS WHERE YOU WILL FIND THE CLASS IN THIS HOBBY
    SHAME ON MOST OF YOU

YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO KNOW I AM DONE WITH YOUR LITTLE FORUM

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rlevin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chattanooga-pinball-burnt-down?tu=rlevin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.