Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by cottonm4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C8F457E6-A97E-4041-B927-6C2190263C88 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG-20220310-WA0000 (resized).jpg
    truth.gif
    9DDA5EC0-69E8-4635-BA01-3BA39339458B (resized).png
    wtf.gif
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

whats the REAL REASON.I say greed what are you implying Politics .

of course it's politics Cali boy

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Nicely played . We all know the real reason, but if you post it, your post will be moderated /deleted !

Yep, especially if it leans right

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

very surprised you would think like that after reading many other brilliant posts from you.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dirk:

I just did a quick calculation from liters to gallons and euro to dollar. And when i look at the gas price today here in holland we are at 10,70 usd per gallon. So the american prices are not that bad compared to here.

The U.S economy was built on the back of cheap gas. Suburbs and highways. For rail transport all we have is Amtrak. We cannot walk to the grocery store. We have lots of things to buy, but if you don't have a car, you are pretty much hosed.

Price in another dollar per gallon and we will be really hosed. Price in another $2.00 per gallon and we will witness another 1930s style Great Depression.

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

The U.S economy was built on the back of cheap gas. Suburbs and highways. For rail transport all we have is Amtrak. We cannot walk to the grocery store. We have lots of things to buy, but if you don't have a car, you are pretty much hosed.
    Price in another dollar per gallon and we will be really hosed. Price in another $2.00 per gallon and we will witness another 1930s style Great Depression.

We are up to 6 bucks per gallon around here .Not loving it.It cost me about 80 bucks to pick up my last pin 5 hour total drive.

#56 2 years ago

Pinball is more insulated from the cost of gas than most other industries. Transportation is generally only required one time, and the people who actually buy pinball machines tend to be better off than your average American. I know not all pinsiders are loaded, but the folks who are buying the NIB pins are generally well to do. I would expect the Pinball Manufacturers to be more insulated than most manufacturers.

#57 2 years ago

Today's price in Finland. They are in Euros per liter (1 Euro is $1.10 and 1 liter is about 1/4 gallons).

'My D' is biodiesel, and 'MPO' is taxfree diesel not allowed to be used in cars.

In April 2020, just after the corona outbreak when people began to work remote, Diesel was 1.10€/liter.

IMG-20220310-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20220310-WA0000 (resized).jpg
    #58 2 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

but increased energy prices almost always leads to a recession and the worst kind, recession with increasing inflation.

It was called Stagflation in the 70s.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I love it when people cannot run cogent argument and resort to name calling

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

The price of energy is baked into everything we buy. The great recession in the 2007/2008 was not set off buy the housing/mortgage fiasco rather high energy costs eventually exposed this weakness.

How on earth did high energy costs figure into the deregulation of wall street which led to bundling of junk derivatives and predatory lending?

And it's "by", not "buy" (2nd sentence).

#61 2 years ago

This is Historical Crude vs a Gallon of gas.
    Youll Notice a Close mirroring of the 2, until 2021-2022.

Historically, we should be at $3.00 a Gallon. $3.25 for inflation.

There is an extra dollar going somewhere.

Try this answer:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/23/why-high-gas-prices-are-more-about-wall-street-than-the-white-house.html

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #62 2 years ago

My main car is an EV so gas prices aren’t a big deal to me but I fondly remembered filling up my <1000 miles/year BMW Z4 at the beginning of the pandemic for a few cents per gallon!

C8F457E6-A97E-4041-B927-6C2190263C88 (resized).jpegC8F457E6-A97E-4041-B927-6C2190263C88 (resized).jpeg
    #63 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

This is Historical Crude vs a Gallon of gas.
    Youll Notice a Close mirroring of the 2, until 2021-2022.
    Historically, we should be at $3.00 a Gallon. $3.25 for inflation.
    There is an extra dollar going somewhere.
    Try this answer:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/23/why-high-gas-prices-are-more-about-wall-street-than-the-white-house.html[quoted image]

Thank you. I remember reading that. Wall Street is giving the oil companies some financial discipline; Which is not conducive for bringing forth cheap gas. The shareholders are wanting some dividends in their stockings.

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/06/973649045/hold-that-drill-why-wall-street-wants-energy-companies-to-pump-less-oil-not-more

" Many oil producers need Wall Street money to fund new wells. Investors control the purse strings. And right now, investors just aren't impressed by how many barrels a company says they can drill. "

" Less oil, more cash in hand: That, in a nutshell, is what oil financiers are demanding. And in response, executives are vowing that they'll be responsible, and focus on profits over oil. "

Hence the little speech from Washington the other day about price gouging,

Anybody who has been around a few years understands that Wall Street is not the bastion of patriotism.

The drill, baby, drill mantra has fallen on deaf ears.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chasing-pins-and-gas-prices/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.